With a loud Jodel: German skating news

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Hedwig, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkokos82

mkokos82 Active Member

Are Zhigahshina/Gazsi still skating?

2. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

With all these news about German dance teams I understand your question! Zhiganshina/Gazsi were skating last time I saw them on July 8 and they participated in the Oberstdorf show on July 9. They have two new programs and are looking forward to compete at Nebelhorn Trophy and other events this fall. Their FD is lovely. I didn't see the SD.

3. Eislauffan

Taking off a season to focus on basics and to improve is unusual, but why not. However, splitting up and skating with new partners in order to improve? I don't know. It's a surprise, and not a good one. They have invested a lot in their career recently by moving to Lyon. I hope they will come back as a team.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I wasn't suprised about the Beiers at all but really shocked about Hermanns' decision.

It will be very hard to find suitable partners at their level, I don't know if the risk is worth it.

5. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

I can understand it though. Brother/Sister teams are always dangerous and they did not seem to get anywhere internationally.

F/G are clearly the newcomers in Germany and it would have been a career killer for H/H to be passed by them already.

6. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

Eislauffan can you remember the music of the FD of Zhiganshina/Gaszi?
    Would be interresting.

7. grandma

grandma Active Member

Beiers have definately not split

8. Jeschke

that´s good news, though i am not a fan of them.
    think it will be a hard fit to upset frohberg/gießen.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

They might want to keep it secret until the season begins.

10. Jeschke

with so many retirements or new partners after the last season, this could be the breakthrough for zhiganszhina/gaszi. if they got good results, it will be tough for the hermanns (with whomever they will skate) to match them. it will be a great fight between z/g, the beiers and f/g.

11. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

12. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

German Team envelop was updated last week

Chris Berneck
    Luisa Weber
    Jennifer Urban

were added to the C Team.

According to the Pairs Skatring Fanclub Aljona & Robin have Korobuschka from Bond for the Short Programm.

13. Jeschke

Really interessting choice, if it´s true. I am not sure what to think about that music :p

14. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where fans can write to Savchenko & Szolkowy? Will they ever have another website for fans to visit?

15. sandra_persch

16. LLOS

LLOS New Member

Where do you know it?

17. Eislauffan

Their official website is: www.pixeleis.de
    There is also a guestbook where you can leave messages for them. They publish news etc, the site is pretty much up to date, but apparently the news are available only in German.

18. fan

fan Well-Known Member

there's a young blonde german girl training at the toronto cricket club for the summer. does anyone know her name? some nice triples.

19. grandma

grandma Active Member

I am not shure but I believe it could be Julia Pfrengle from Mannheim, Claudia Leistners daughter. Couldn`t think of anyone else

20. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

21. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

Philip Tischendorf was injured again. He had a bursa (is that the right word?) inflamation in his leg and it needed to be operated.
    He had two weeks off ice but is slowly starting to train again. I so hope that he will be assigned to Nebelhorn this season!!!

Anyway, his plans are to go to the second Ice Dome in Oberstdorf which starts at August, 7th and train there.

22. Eislauffan

23. sandra_persch

24. LLOS

LLOS New Member

The Hermanns did not split, it seems that they just needed a break...soon they will write on their site what they plan....

25. sandra_persch

Next time I see them I have to scold them for giving me such a heart attack, but i like to new plan or at least what I have heard so far a lot better ... can't wait for the new journal entry.

speaking of splitting .... there is a rumor going around that two of the junior teams have spitt. so I wonder who will get to compete the in the JGPs in pairs.

Dance looks bad enough. 8 spots and one 1 or 2 teams good enough to be considered :( can we please have the dance spots we don't use for the ladies and men!

26. ice.dance.girl

ice.dance.girl Member

27. sandra_persch

28. grandma

grandma Active Member

.... wonderful girl, so happy she is continuing to skate, would have been a great pity if she hadn`t. Hope she finds a good partner soon.

29. sandra_persch

30. Jeschke

i am not a big fan of them, but let´s see what will happen.
    they will face tough competition with Beier/Beier and Frohberg/Gießen.
    And as you know the DEU, if you don´t have a big name and great results, they like to put you away instead of younger hopeful talents....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.