With a loud Jodel: German skating news

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Hedwig, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

They look pretty decent together so far. Definitely a team I'll be interested to see compete.

She hits a lot of lovely positions.

2. domoarigato

domoarigato New Member

He has been off since US nationals, and I heard this was only there 3rd day together, so I will definitely been interested to see them compete this season as well.

3. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing! Glad to see both Mari and Flo with a new partner. Now if only Martin got a new partner quickly and we may actually have 5 senior pairs ...5 wow! love it

did I count that right
    Aljona & Robin
    Maylin & Daniel
    Katharina & Flo
    Mari & Aaron
    ??? & Martin

should be 4 or 5 junior pairs too ... and the first 2 are getting better and better :D the others are fairly new

Juliana & Alec
    Karolin & Nolan
    Jacqui & Andreas
    Linda & Matti (shes a few days too young to compete Juniors internationally)
    Monika & Imin
    Katharina & Konrad (shes too young to compete Juniors internationally)
    Milena & Juri ( wonder what they will do ... she (2000) is years away from junior age and he's (1994) out of Novice now ... thanks ISU)
    ??? & Viktor ... he is listed as DC Team Pairs so I guess he must have a partner somewhere

4. sandra_persch

Speaking of competing. does anyone know if he has been release by USFSA or Skate Canada or whoever has to release him.

where are they training right now?

5. skatak

skatak Well-Known Member

I wonder which country he would have represented had he skated with Vanessa James ^^

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Sheikh/VanCleave never comepted internationally for the U.S. so I'm pretty sure he doesn't need an official release.

7. grandma

grandma Active Member

Jessica Füssinger / Franz Streubel were forgotten on the list of Junior Pairs

8. sandra_persch

True. Since the haven't competed yet i completely forgot to mention them. Lets hope they get a chance to qualify for tha JGP as they are both really good single skaters they might be a really nice addition to the team :D

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Who is Florian Just skating with?

10. sandra_persch

Katharina Gierok

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Thanks. That name rings a bell. Did she used to be a single skater before?

12. sandra_persch

13. sandra_persch

Looks like the German Federation has actually adopted the ISU Novice Age groupings nationally as well

http://www.lev-nrw.org/lev2008/docs/EKL/newsletter/Newsletter_44-2010.mht

They also abolished the rules controlling who gets to move up to Juniors and Seniors. It used to be the Top 33% of the prior years Nationals or whoever could do enough 2A und tripples to qualify outside the quote but now its up to skaters and coaches. looks like Junior & Novice Nationals will be packed and I can't see the quality of skating / number of good programms benefiting from the rule changes

14. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

Annette Dytrt stays competitive. She announced that on her homepage.
    She changed her coach and went back to Karel Fajfr, who coached her during her comeback-season 2007/2008.
    I´m excited :biggrinbo

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  15. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Good for her! She's been around for a while and it would be nice to have her go out on a high note -as opposed to the disaster she had last season. Fajr seems like a very good technical coach and a good move for her to get her confidence back. Any word about her programs for next season?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

That's great!

Anette is such a lovely skater that never achieved her full potential.

I adore the SP that Tarasova choreographed for her several seasons ago (Dance Macabre I think it was).

I don't know much about Fajfr but unlike Huth he seems to radiate a really positive vibe and Brezina has been flourishing under his tutelage.

Thanks for the news! :)

P.S. Every time I see your username, I remind myself of the hottest pair skater ever. :swoon: ;)

17. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Annette told me that she is still looking for music. She just recently decided to continue her career and only resumed practice a week ago. She hopes to be ready for Nationals.

BTW, according to a rumour in Oberstdorf the Beiers have decided to retire. It is unexpected as they already did new programs with Denkova/Staviski!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
    LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  18. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Again?

Well, they looked like they wanted to murder each other all last season, so I guess it's for the best.

19. Jeschke

it wouldn´t surprise me as much as others. the beiers don´t seem to realize how hard you have to work to achieve your goals. now there comes tough national pressur by the hermanns and especially by frohberg/gießn, who are for sure the german ice dance couple in future times.

yes, it was danse macabre, which was the program of tarasova for dytrt.
    in that time she was coached bei shannette folle and oleg vasiliev´and seemed to be stronger than never after.
    hope, she wil comeback.

jeschke was gorgeous and a talented pair skater

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Word. I will miss them though.

It's a real shame they weren't able to find other partners that they clicked with. Because they were way too close in height and weight for each other.

He was great. Shame that the pairing with Kierkgaard never went anywhere beyond one competitive performance.

21. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

And that his pairing with Dytrt never took off.

Yes, the Danse Macabre SP is still one of my favorite all time programs. Loved it. And the costume as well!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2TPMcFWPVc

It had a fierceness and speed that I missed from her later programs. There were too princessy for her, IMO. She did best when she was fierce and expressive like in this program.

22. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yes, Anette really should try to do more of such programs instead of the usual bland GFB stuff.

23. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

GFB?

24. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Generic Female Ballads. Although, in her case it was more like The swan revisited Pt V.

25. skatak

skatak Well-Known Member

+1 for danse macabre, really like it, especially the last seconds (which happen to be performed in front of me one year at TEB, quite impressive)

26. Jeschke

I agree.

For me, the Danse Macabre program was the best program of her career.
    although i have to add, the sp (o mio babino caro) and the lp (forrest gump) of the last season were gorgeous too. a shame we never saw them with less mistakes.

27. rhumba

rhumba New Member

I heard rumor, the Hermanns split?? If it's true, it is a shame. I was hoping they get GP this year.

28. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

Apparently. Carolina is on icepartnersearch.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  29. ice.dance.girl

ice.dance.girl Member

they wanna take off next season to work on their skating and might consider skating with new partners

30. sandra_persch

I just read it on their homepage too.

If things keep going on like this Steffi & Tim might actually win their first senior nationals and get to go to Euros too.

Caro & Daniels decision sound like a really smart one though. Its 4 years until Sochi and now is the perfect time to improve on their basics and maybe skatin with another partner isn't such a bad idea, as long as they both find a really good one and obviously keep skating for german too ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.