With a loud Jodel: German skating news

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Hedwig, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

You are so evil grandma ... I love it :EVILLE:

If I were V / VC I wouldn't do NRW Trophy this year. :p

2. grandma

grandma Active Member

Furthermore at the level Z/G are skating at the moment, neither of the two other Senior Dance couples will stand a chance, so if they do not want to compete, it is not because they are afraid of a showdown, on the contrary. If all goes well and Z manages to get a German passport in due time, they will be the ones for Sochi 2014.

3. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

but maybe they´re afraid of the showdown of the potentially second spot :rofl:

4. grandma

grandma Active Member

Sorry I probably expressed myself wrongly Z/G are the no.1 and the others are of course afraid of jepardizng the no. 2 spot :rolleyes:

5. sandra_persch

Why do you always assume that the skaters are afraid of competition? they shouldn't be in this sport if they where afraid of competition.

For the Junior skaters it has been confirmed that the DEU is not giving them any events without successful monitoring. It could be the same for the Senior skaters too.

6. la.louise

la.louise New Member

According to the Paarlauf Fanclub:
    Gierok/Just are injured, Gierok has a foot injury.
    Hermann/Hermann didn't feel ready yet and Kolbe/Caruso didn't really want to compete at Nebelhorn in the first place.

7. grandma

grandma Active Member

I can assure you Sandra it is not the case, the Seniors have not been monitored. In Juniors it has only been the single skaters and dancers. If the pairs had not been injured both of them would have been granted 2 JGP.
    It has often been the case in Germany in pair disciples, especially in dance to avoid meeting each other on national level if it could be avoided. It has been so since I can think of. It is not the athletes , but often the coaches in the dance discipline.
    Vartmann / van Cleave always went and presented themselves even if they knew it might not be to their advantage. So one has to give them credit for that.
    Sandra why does one take part in a Show this weekend in Hamburg and do a program if one is injured, and not be able to skate in a pair competition next week in Oberstdorf ?

8. sandra_persch

And there I thought Huth was the only one who tried to get his skaters into the easiest competitions available :rolleyes: Its not like he is doing his skaters any favours.

What I would like to know is why there are no singles skaters entered for Ondrej Nepela and Finlandia Trophy.

With closing date for Coupe de Nice next week I really hope that there are some skaters willing to compete. Wonder if Isabel Drescher and Sandy Hoffmann will have time to adjust to the Senior programs after doing their JGPs of if they try to go to Ice Challenge a bit later on.

I really think DEU should come up with a funding system that punishes skaters that only compete late in the season when they can meet the team envelope criteria for sure and rewards those competing the whole way through.

9. grandma

grandma Active Member

DEU pays no funding they just instruct the Sporthilfe who gets money.
    On the other hand it would also mean that skaters who injure themselves half way through the season and can`t manage the team envelope criteria are also out of funding. Basically I think the DEU decides from case to case who gets money and who does not.
    Everything would be much more transparent if the STP´s did not have to think tactically.
    As well as that IMO too much money is wasted on the single skating junior team project, which has not brought out any better skaters other than funded the one or other trainer.
    Let us take a look at other federations where money is spread more evenly on pairs and dance and singles. Figure Skating in Germany should try to set itself up more broadly, and also try to use the really good expertise it has in this country.
    Germany has some of the best pairs trainers in the world, but up to today no pairs program has been developed in an area where we mange to get three spots at WC.
    Germany can really only hope that S/S stay well and do not loose their love for skating... otherwise it would get really dismal.

10. Jeschke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZE92MynH2w

hausch/wende sp from nebelhorn trophy.

i´m very surprised that the 'music was my first love'-arrangement suits them very well. they´re getting better and better, nice stepsequence.

their free skate is also available as the free dance of z/g.

11. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

12. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Yes. I was shocked... a pairs sp footwork sequence (level 4 too!) actually not being painful to watch. :lol: The dance lift into the pairs spin was nice too, although the spin itself needed more speed.

13. LLOS

LLOS New Member

Yeah, whatever you say is right...we all know H/W are on a higher level since they were able to train through a couple of seasons without injury. They could work hard and could improve a lot. G/J couldn't even start really yet, first the foot injury of Katharina, then they lost their coach, needed to change location and now yeat again Katharina is injured, and another long break...this must be really frustrating, they want to compete but can't.

If they are all healthy and had no interuptions in training and don't compete, you CAN say they want to avoid competition but this is NOT the case. (Can't tell about dance though) Your pair V/C didn't do well either, of course they want to use any competition to gain competition experience. I would agree with you if everybody is well and don't compete. The problem is you don't know the truth and you start to speculate untrue stuff!

14. Jeschke

http://www.youtube.com/user/pianomaya65#p/u/9/KgVmbJ2Ow_c

new sd of zhiganshina/gaszi

i really like the dingy style from the first half. i had my doubts, if this years music requirements will suit them, but now, i´m totally satisfied. this short dance could be really great and hopefully moves their ranking up more and more.

i´m not so sure about their fd in fact; the first part suits them well, but i cannot stop wondering of they´re just to 'old' for this romeo&juliet program. maybe i´m just missing some fresh breeze of the youth, time will tell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRgKrS4eCWY

15. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

We will, well I already am. :wall:

17. Jeschke

http://www.youtube.com/user/ISUJGP2011#p/u/0/SWnjRXw15dA

isabel drescher´s sp, just few moments ago at tje jgp in austria.

so happy, she seems to get part of her old strength back. don´t know, when i last saw her doing a triple triple.

the spins are unfortunately extremly slow and not of any high level. she just got 40.67points, 17 for the pcs, that´s no to good. but i really like her skating and hope she moves on like that.

18. sandra_persch

19. sandra_persch

20. Jeschke

yeah, just saw the results, which make me smile.

actually it´s not so long ago, regarding frohberg/giesen, it´s just two years ago, they entered with a great season at junior level. i´m still lamenting their break-up and career-ending after such short time.

21. Jeschke

to blame myself, it´s my firt time i saw koch/nüchtern performing, and wow: especially shari koch is absolutely expressive, fresh, good lines, wow,i´m really impressed

22. sandra_persch

and to think that Ice dance was her only option if she wanted to continue competing. she had to retire from figure skating due to an injury that prevented her from jumping ... good think she went to Ice Dancing!

23. Jeschke

what a great day for the germans.

koch/nüchtern got 4th place at the jgp. ulanovsky respectively 9th.

zhiganshina/gaszi won in bratislava at ondrej nepela memorial, great!:cheer:

24. DORISPULASKI

I'm so glad to see German ice dance getting some depth!!

25. Jeschke

yes, this is really nice to see, z/g at great level, k/c with promising start, h/h (who knows?) and now koch/nüchtern, which hopefully last longer than our last promising young ice dance couple.

26. casken

casken Well-Known Member

27. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Apparently the majority of judges at Nepela Trophy felt that "Romeo and Juliet" is not uplifting enough.
    The problem with these majority decisions is that you never know when you might get it. The whole music rule is ridiculous anyway.

28. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

29. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

:eek: So basically the ice dancers should never again use Carmen, R&J, Swan Lake, Tosca... anything where a character dies at the end. (Yes, I know some will love that...). Waaaay harsh, IMO.

30. DORISPULASKI

Eislauffan, Are you sure that it wasn't for one of the other 3 possible reasons for a -2 deduction? I certainly thought it was an" interesting, colorful and entertaining dance"...I would think that it would be hard to get 50% of the judges plus referee to say it wasn't.

So I'm thinking it might have been something more cut and dried, like the beat???

At least one other team this year has gotten a music violation for not having a discernible beat for more than 10 seconds. I wondered whether the beat could well be a problem for Z&G, particularly during the beginning section when there are airplane sounds, perhaps over 10 seconds long.

Teams should take note. Get out that drum machine and add a beat if your music hasn't got it at all points.

The other team was skating to Hall of the Mountain King and another piece from Peer Gynt, AFAIR.

and here's the possibles from Rule 610 1.c.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.