With a loud Jodel: German skating news

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Hedwig, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

I follow the example of other posters, evev though I dont have a lot of news right now.

Philip Tischendorf will train in Oberstdorf for the next four weeks in the IceDome workshop as will ZiganshinaGaszi.

I saw Annette Dytrt training in Oberstdorf and she has a new hair cut. ;)
    I dont know if she thinks about staying competitive but from what she said I guess not.

geoskate, LynnW, Finnice and 3 others like this.
  2. Fata

Fata New Member

I join you Hedwig :)

Carolina and Daniel Hermann published their new blog entry and it's really fun to read. The new one is still only in German though I hope the English version will follow for everyone to enjoy. Their writing style is so funny.
    But I try to summarize a bit.

http://www.hermann-hermann.de/journal-juni10.html

They talk about their time they have with the army at the moment (for those who don't know, German army has a support program to give some people the possibility to finance their sport...but everyone has to do the basic training so this is what Caro and Dani do at the moment)

Before they went to Dortmund to do some organization things and also skating. They showed their new free dance to Mr. Skotnicky, met friends and so on (no word on what the dance will be though...)

Then there starts the fun part. Normally they have to arrive at the army with the Bundeswehr dress but as they didn't want to drive with this they stopped before they arrived and went somewhere in the woods and changed their clothes. Only afterwards they saw that everyone from the road was able to see this place.
    In their group there are mostly ice hockey players (male and female), some started a month earlier and finish earlier, also Maylin Hausch.
    Daniel seemed to be very nervous in the first week, even was sent out of the room to calm down a bit.

At 5 am they have to get up and gether for being counted. But with military sports and all these things they try to pay attention that it is appropriate for this group as it shall support them with their sport and not risk injuries. But Caro and Daniel also tell that last year Peter Liebers and Daniel Wende returned injured. But - from playing soccer in a break.

Caro learns a lot in the free time so she got the nickname nerd, Daniel instead is hanging around in the corridor, what brought hime some warnings.

In the next weeks Daniel has a lot of time not to fidget too much and to learn to speak slowly and correctly...(at this part I really believed that this journal entry is written by Caro...)

Caro has a higher rank than Daniel so in some parts she is allowed to give commandos. So she is very nitpicking with him. Be it when he has to do the waste separation, be it when she has to control his locker.

But also Caro has some problems. There are at the moment only five female soldats and Caro gets many phone numbers.

After this they will return to Lyon to fully prepare the next season. But they also described that they enjoy doing some other things for some weeks.

3. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I'm really glad Frohberg/Giesen got a GP event to reward their successful international junior season last year. :)

4. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Thank you so much for this. It was fun to read about their life in the army.

5. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

oh it's nice to hear about annette still skating ...
    it was heart breaking to see her miss her olympic dream, BOTH in 2006 and 2010 when she earned those spots for germany.
    her forrest gump programme could have been very pretty indeed ...

6. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

Thank you for collecting the information about German skaters and opening a thread for them! It's so much easier to follow them this way! :respec:

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I'm surprised but happy that Zhiganshina/Gazsi has decided to keep skating. :)

8. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

Thank you for opening this thread Hedwig
    Thank you for the lik Fata :) and good luck to Carolina and Daniel next season.

9. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Any news on Savch/Szolk?

10. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

They might reveal their new SP in a club show on June 19 in Chemnitz.

11. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

i think everyone is excited about that.

hope dytrt is staying, showing she could still make the german team. hecken gets better, but dytrt skates wonderful, she just needs the jumps.
    hope, she stays competetive.

12. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

The German National Team still hasn't been published, but we have been tracking the criteria in the German Skating Forum, based on that Annette has met the criteria for the B Team envelope

The Team should look like this, i hope the official lists come out soon, the athletics test was this past weekend

Ladies: http://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4343
    B - Dytrt, Haecker, Paulinius (was injured)
    C Senior - Drecher, Hecken (too young for B under current rules), Willner, Prengle
    C Junior - Fuessinger, Hoffmann, Poschner, Weber, Weinzierl
    DC - Dubinski, Riesenweber, Schott, ... Kreisfeld, Zetzsche & Fuessinger if the Montioring during April Training camp was good

Men: http://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4344
    B - possible only Brummer
    C Senior - Liebers P., Tischendorf, Dotzauer
    C Junior - Berneck, Fentz, Rappe, Streubel, Schoepke, Wieczorek

Pairs http://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4346
    A - Savchenko / Szolkowy
    B - Hausch / Wende
    C Junior - Gurdhzi / Voeller, Salatzki / Seegert.

Dance http://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4334
    B - Beiers, Hermann, possible Zhiganshina / Gaszi
    C Senior - Frohberg / Giesen
    C Junior - Haslinger / Finke, Dieck / Zenkner
    DC - possible Koch / Nuechtern

13. softlip

softlip Active Member

In the blog entry Fata linked to upthread (Thanks!) it is mentioned that the Hermanns are in the B-Team.

14. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

Finally the official German team has been announced

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/bundeskader.pdf

Just Savchenko/Szolkowy in the A-Team.
    Dytrt is still part of the B-Team. Hope she stays competetive, still waiting for news about her.

Frohberg/Giessen C-Team, hope they probably could make the team for Euros or Worlds.
    Could be a tough fight with the Beiers and Herrmanns. I think Zhiganshina/Gaszi have no chance to make the team, unless they have tremendous results at international competitions. but without grand prix assignments i think they´re out of the game, sadly.

15. Eris

Eris New Member

Didn't the Beiers retire?

16. sandra_persch

Am a bit surprised about some of the envelopes but most of it make me happy! I am missing Chris Berneck on the list though :(

17. Eris

Eris New Member

18. sandra_persch

Where did you hear that? I haven't heard anything like that ... yet

19. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Posted on 6/21 on page 15 of the "Pair/Dance post national breakups" thread in GSD:
    Thanks for the team envelope info!

Did they?

20. sandra_persch

Lokal Press has reported that Nicole Gurny has retired. I wasn't given the link :( but I really hope she's just taking a break and will come back.

The note beside Tanja Kolbe seems to confirm that she will be skating for Italy going forward.

by the way the skaters with a * mit Auflage beside there name ... that just means they have to meet certain criteria early on in the season to remain in the team. so in the case of skaters that where injured like Constanze Paulinus that could be competing and showing pre-defined elements or getting certain scores. I
    n the case of Florian Just whos skating with Katharina Gierok now it should mean entering competitions and showing good progress. Katharina is new to pairs so nobody should expect them to perform miracles.

The Criteria for Team A are really strickt. Its Top 10 at Worlds and Top 6 and Euros if you didn't compete at Worlds.

I guess with Annette ... since she hasn't officially announced her retirement like Stefan did right after the Olympics she would still be in the Team and rightfully so, since she met the Team Envelop Criteria early on in the Season.
    Ice Dance is gonna be really interesting this season and I really hope Steffi & Tim can give the older teams a run for their money :D

In General
    A - World Class
    B - High Performance Senior Teams
    C Senior - High Performance Senior Teams under 23
    C - all the Junior age eligible Skaters & Teams
    DC - mostly Novice age when admitted (U15 for Ladies & U16 for Men) and than Junior age for as long as they are in the envelope but 3-4 years is the maximum

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  21. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

No, last time I´ve heard they are going for another four years to Sochi with Bundeswehr around them. Also I´ve heard Martin Skotnicky (who is now the chief coach of German ID) would love to have at least 4 pairs competing at senior level as he rightly thinks only in competition you can improve.

22. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

No, Savchenko/Szolkowy didn't reveal their short program. Their coach Ingo Steuer told me just the day before the club event that they are not going to do it.

23. LLOS

LLOS New Member

24. sandra_persch

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

It was posted in the "Pair/Dance post national breakups" thread yesterday that Mari Vartmann has partnered up with Aaron VanCleave (originally from Canada and competed at 2010 US Nationals in Senior pairs) and they will represent Germany.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

He's quite the international guy!! :)

27. grandma

grandma Active Member

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

29. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

:rofl: And it was the best performance they gave all season!

30. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I loved his fall on the throw salchow. :D

Well hopefully their new programs are going to be more complex. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.