With a loud Jodel - German skating news part 2

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Jeschke, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Really? I must say I´m with Dolore here. As for listening to Rudi Cerne I was pretty much drawn inbetween " Thanks for stating the obvious" , and just "Shut up, you are talking way too much during the programs. I can´t focus!" (Sorry to be blunt here). I could live with Daniel Weiss and Kathi (don´t call her Kathi :lol:) Witt, but I still prefer Siggi and Hendryk.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

3. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

4. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Thanks so much for that, Jeschke!
    Can´t wait to see this pair in international comps! You can still see that P/B have a lot to work on, but what they already have is a lot of grace and presence on ice.

5. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

Ingo and Aliona were at MDR talk show "Riverboat" on Friday night. Robin was not there, he was ill with stomach flu. It starts around 8 minutes into the video, first with Aliona alone.
    She said there is no conflict. But then they go on about how Robin's girlfriend leaked the info about a new partner. Aliona said there were a few possible new partners she wanted tro try out with not only one. The interviewer said that she does not understand what the problem is with leaking the info. Aliona said what annoyed her was that there were 5 partners she tried out with and it was not really certain for which one she would go (at the moment the news broke)
    Then she said about Robin that she was amazed how he managed to put up with her temper and ambition all the time and that she admires his calmness and quietness.
    Ingo than joined them and described the relationship of the team as Robin being the quiet one and Aliona being the vulcano and he being inbetween.
    Then Ingo and Aliona were asked about being an off-ice couple, which they did not really want to confirm but also did not really deny. She said she does not want to talk about her private life, but they were repeatedly asked. They have separate apartments, Ingo said. Then there were jokes about them getting married too (like Robin), Ingo said they have other things to do now.
    After that Aliona was asked about Bruno and how the training goes. She says it is looking good but they will still have to see how it goes.
    Finally their Ice Show on April 26 was mentioned which apparently is sold out (some restricted view seats may be available, said Ingo, which caused laughs as someone said, of course, figure Skating is a sport where hearing the music is enough)
    http://www.mdr.de/mediathek/fernsehen/a-z/sendung379926_letter-R_zc-bfac7782_zs-dea15b49.html

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  6. nicolas23

nicolas23 New Member

so this means that they were forced to take bruno massot cause the info was leaked out
    poor bruno

7. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Plus they keep qualifying Massot as an extended tryout, not a done deal. While this is true for most couples that team up, even when they have every intention of being together for the long-term, it's like he has to wear an "On Probation" t-shirt in public.

8. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

It might also be that everything is actually going great with Bruno. Aliona and Ingo sometimes just do not like to be very clear and definite in their statements, they like to sound very open and vague as they are cautious perfectionists. And they are not very talented in PR.

9. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Szolkowy told his fiance that Savchenko was planning to continue with Massot, and she told Popova. From this new interview, it sounded like the decision wasn't final, and the girlfriend's reveal was premature beyond not telling Popova on their own schedule or at all. If the girlfriend had kept the news in confidence, Savchenko might have ended up choosing someone else or continued to audition potential partners is an implication. It might not have meant that Popova/Massot wouldn't split, but it might not have happened in such a public and strained way.

10. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

I agree with sus2850 here. Aliona has improved a lot in German language, but sometimes is still struggling for words. I´m absolutely sure that she sometimes just uses words for the lack of better ones. As for Ingo, Ingo is indeed very careful with PR in general.
    By the time is was still a tryout stage with Bruno, and going well or not, I´m not blaming Aliona for her wish, that this doesn´t come out too soon. Even if it is all great, I think they (Aliona and Bruno) both would have chosen other ways to tell Popova.

I loved the part of the interview when Ingo (asked about his relationship with Aliona) said something like nobody would like to have such a "love"- relationship like they have. Then he went on, like they have different appartments, and their relationship happens a 90 percent on ice, and a lot of it is actually work.
    And the reporter was like: "And Robin in the middle....."
    Ingo: "Robin was never in the middle...."
    Ingo: "Robin was always with us....."
    Aliona: "I had two men.":rofl:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  11. Xela M

Xela M New Member

Awww!! I love Aliona and Ingo!! I never wanted a non-Russian pair to win as badly as I want Aliona to win (with whoever :D). I wish Ingo would pair up with Aliona and win in 2018! :encore:

12. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

It will definitely make the Europeans more interesting.

13. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

According to their (P/B`s) website, Lori Nichol choreographed their new FP to music from "The Artist". That sounds promising...:)

14. la.louise

la.louise New Member

15. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Thank you for the news!!
    I laughed at his slogan: "In peace lies strength" :) How fitting!
    It´s great to hear that he will still be around in figure skating as a coach. :respec:
    Obviously he really doesn´t "fall into a hole" after his active career, just as he said.

16. Jeschke

17. Jeschke

german national team for 2014/15 has been released

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/Bundeskaderliste_2014-2015_Stand_29.04.2014.pdf

savchenko still listed :D
    (can't understand why the german fed does not fight for her to stay and put more pressure on the government? or wouldn't that make any sense? we can't just let her walk away, damn...)

wende/wende still listed - nice to see that they might hang on as they have been as good as never last season. (but my heart still starts to cry , that v/vcl w/w or p/b might geht no international championship next season :()

hecken is reduced to c-category. ouch.i think she really has to show what she can do next season, otherwise she's done.

18. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

What does "S" mean (in status), as which Sandy Hoffmann, Chris Berneck or Denis Wieczorek are listed?

19. care bear

care bear Active Member

I do not know, but I think they have not reached points for other envelopes like A or B, but should get financially support nevertheless.

20. Jeschke

i do not no exactly for figure skating, but in other german sports, a and b status is for seniors and c for juniors.
    so they didn't have the results/gained the points for b-status, cannot be in c -status because they are too old, so they are s-status. you have to be in any status to be sent to international champioships and being in the anti doping system.

they may get some fundings but not as much as a b- or a-status, that's for sure. i think there is a great difference, as i am an athlatic coach, and any status which is not a and b has to pay many bills by themselves and get no funding.
    so would be interessting to see.

i hate so see hoffmanns up and down. she could be great, but there is asbolutely no constant in her skating

21. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

I rather thought it meant something like they do not fully know whether they continue? And C cannot be for juniors only as Sarah is no junior. Also the results bit is not really applicable as for example Berneck did better than Rappe last reason, I believe.
    It is not terribly important though...

22. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

S goes to skaters who couldn't get a higher envelope due to injury or partner search. Wieczorek is switching to pairs and it looks like he is skating with Katharina Gierok right now.

A - top 10 at worlds or olympics ... looks like the olympic team competition counts for A
    B - needs to reach certain scores .... Hecken only met that once
    C - under 22 years old .... again certain minimum scores had to be reach.

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/DEU_BUNDESKADERNORMEN_2013-2014.pdf

23. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Why would V/VC, W/W, and P/B not go to any international championships next season? Germany has two spots each for Euros and Worlds, and V/VC and W/W earned the spots at Euros without S/S. It could be a stretch for two spots for 2016 Worlds.

The Wendes move into the GP 7-12 group, taking Bazarova/Larionov's spot, and are guaranteed two GPs. V/VC will be Top 24 WS and will be guaranteed one. Same with Prolss/Blommaert, after all of the splits and retirements are removed from the Top 24 WS list. They'll get international exposure before championships.

24. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

Thank you, Sandra!!!

25. Jeschke

i meant it's a shame, that one of those 3 teams has to stay at home,because we just have two spots.

i even cannot decide for whom my heart goes :D

i have a soft spot for the young charm of p/b, i really really like v/vc and admire the development of the wendes.

i really hope they can hang on to those 2 spots at worlds, though it will be really hard:(

26. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

If S/S were competing next, one of them would stay home, too. I'm hoping that at least one of V/VC and P/B get two spots. Germany can send as many skaters as they want to 2014 Nebelhorn, now that it's not the Olympic qualifier, and hopefully they'll all get chances to gain experience and shine in the fall.

It's not impossible for any two of the three to hold onto two spots, but it might be close.

27. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Amen to that, I think this sounds like an interesting comp to visit this year........and it is way closer than Chemnitz for me :cool:

@Jeschke: I don´t know what it is but the DEU´s attitude to Savchenko and especially Steuer simply makes me sad right now. I´m still waiting for a constructive way to fix things between Steuer and the interior ministry....but nothing happened so far.....if this continues like this I can absolutely understand Ingo and Aliona to change Nations again.

28. annie_mg

annie_mg Active Member

29. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Thank you very much annie_mg!! I was waiting for something like that would finally happen, it was about time.
    Yes you are right, that´s the reason for the petition. People were listing reasons why he should be paid again, really no one can understand why isn´t already. So please sign the petition!

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  30. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Report in German about the annual ISU Pairs seminar in Berlin in April: http://www.figureskating-online.com/paarlauf-lehrgang.html ( link to Google translation into English )