With a loud Jodel - German skating news part 2

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Jeschke, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Xela M

Xela M New Member

Awww!! I love Aliona and Ingo!! I never wanted a non-Russian pair to win as badly as I want Aliona to win (with whoever :D). I wish Ingo would pair up with Aliona and win in 2018! :encore:
  2. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

It will definitely make the Europeans more interesting.
  3. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel New Member

According to their (P/B`s) website, Lori Nichol choreographed their new FP to music from "The Artist". That sounds promising...:)
  4. la.louise

la.louise New Member

5. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel New Member

Thank you for the news!!
    I laughed at his slogan: "In peace lies strength" :) How fitting!
    It´s great to hear that he will still be around in figure skating as a coach. :respec:
    Obviously he really doesn´t "fall into a hole" after his active career, just as he said.
  6. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

7. Jeschke

german national team for 2014/15 has been released

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/Bundeskaderliste_2014-2015_Stand_29.04.2014.pdf

savchenko still listed :D
    (can't understand why the german fed does not fight for her to stay and put more pressure on the government? or wouldn't that make any sense? we can't just let her walk away, damn...)

wende/wende still listed - nice to see that they might hang on as they have been as good as never last season. (but my heart still starts to cry , that v/vcl w/w or p/b might geht no international championship next season :()

hecken is reduced to c-category. ouch.i think she really has to show what she can do next season, otherwise she's done.
  8. sus2850

sus2850 Member

What does "S" mean (in status), as which Sandy Hoffmann, Chris Berneck or Denis Wieczorek are listed?
  9. care bear

care bear Active Member

I do not know, but I think they have not reached points for other envelopes like A or B, but should get financially support nevertheless.
  10. Jeschke

i do not no exactly for figure skating, but in other german sports, a and b status is for seniors and c for juniors.
    so they didn't have the results/gained the points for b-status, cannot be in c -status because they are too old, so they are s-status. you have to be in any status to be sent to international champioships and being in the anti doping system.

they may get some fundings but not as much as a b- or a-status, that's for sure. i think there is a great difference, as i am an athlatic coach, and any status which is not a and b has to pay many bills by themselves and get no funding.
    so would be interessting to see.

i hate so see hoffmanns up and down. she could be great, but there is asbolutely no constant in her skating
  11. sus2850

sus2850 Member

I rather thought it meant something like they do not fully know whether they continue? And C cannot be for juniors only as Sarah is no junior. Also the results bit is not really applicable as for example Berneck did better than Rappe last reason, I believe.
    It is not terribly important though...
  12. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

S goes to skaters who couldn't get a higher envelope due to injury or partner search. Wieczorek is switching to pairs and it looks like he is skating with Katharina Gierok right now.

A - top 10 at worlds or olympics ... looks like the olympic team competition counts for A
    B - needs to reach certain scores .... Hecken only met that once
    C - under 22 years old .... again certain minimum scores had to be reach.

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/DEU_BUNDESKADERNORMEN_2013-2014.pdf
  13. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Why would V/VC, W/W, and P/B not go to any international championships next season? Germany has two spots each for Euros and Worlds, and V/VC and W/W earned the spots at Euros without S/S. It could be a stretch for two spots for 2016 Worlds.

The Wendes move into the GP 7-12 group, taking Bazarova/Larionov's spot, and are guaranteed two GPs. V/VC will be Top 24 WS and will be guaranteed one. Same with Prolss/Blommaert, after all of the splits and retirements are removed from the Top 24 WS list. They'll get international exposure before championships.
  14. sus2850

sus2850 Member

Thank you, Sandra!!!
  15. Jeschke

i meant it's a shame, that one of those 3 teams has to stay at home,because we just have two spots.

i even cannot decide for whom my heart goes :D

i have a soft spot for the young charm of p/b, i really really like v/vc and admire the development of the wendes.

i really hope they can hang on to those 2 spots at worlds, though it will be really hard:(
  16. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

If S/S were competing next, one of them would stay home, too. I'm hoping that at least one of V/VC and P/B get two spots. Germany can send as many skaters as they want to 2014 Nebelhorn, now that it's not the Olympic qualifier, and hopefully they'll all get chances to gain experience and shine in the fall.

It's not impossible for any two of the three to hold onto two spots, but it might be close.
  17. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel New Member

Amen to that, I think this sounds like an interesting comp to visit this year........and it is way closer than Chemnitz for me :cool:

@Jeschke: I don´t know what it is but the DEU´s attitude to Savchenko and especially Steuer simply makes me sad right now. I´m still waiting for a constructive way to fix things between Steuer and the interior ministry....but nothing happened so far.....if this continues like this I can absolutely understand Ingo and Aliona to change Nations again.
  18. annie_mg

annie_mg New Member

19. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel New Member

Thank you very much annie_mg!! I was waiting for something like that would finally happen, it was about time.
    Yes you are right, that´s the reason for the petition. People were listing reasons why he should be paid again, really no one can understand why isn´t already. So please sign the petition!
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  20. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

Report in German about the annual ISU Pairs seminar in Berlin in April: http://www.figureskating-online.com/paarlauf-lehrgang.html ( link to Google translation into English )
  21. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

At an interview during the show in St. Petersburg on May 22, Stéphane Lambiel mentioned that he choreographed Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi's short dance. :) This should be very interesting! I don't think Stéphane has choreographed for ice dancers before.
  22. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I think that Siudeks were involved with that ISU Pairs seminar again.
  23. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

So Z&G will definitely be back this coming season!! Stephane, as a skater, had a wonderful way with Spanish themed pieces (Carne Cruda :swoon: ). I am so lookng forward to seeing their Paso SD!
  24. reut

reut Active Member

He didn't.

"I made a new experience this weekend. Can you guess who I worked with?"
    http://instagram.com/p/oJQhFdoCQ1/
  25. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel New Member

That also sounds like Z/G are changing directions in their program style again ( I mean away from the comedy programs). I´m excited, and I think it is a good thing, that they´ll try something different next season :watch:
  26. Jeschke

that was exactly my thought and i hope we are true with this speculation.

by the way: tanja szewczenko reached the final in the german version of 'dancing with the stars' and will compete there on friday vs. the winner of the first german idol season.
    Sylvia and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel New Member

28. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ And about time! I applaud Ingo for staying so loyal as long as he has, through thick and thin. Mostly thin, in terms of Germany's (ministry of sport/ internal affairs) attitude toward him.

"Soft you, a word or two before I go. I have done the state some service, and they know it." -- Shakespeare's Othello
  29. Jeschke

as said too many times before, this would be absolutely sad and tragic for german figure skating.
    steuer did great work (to admit, he was really lucky to have such talents on his side, with fitze/rex this didn't quite work) and his loss would be such a shame; we have such talented pairs and great single skaters coming up too, they should have the possibility to work with him here.
  30. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel New Member

31. sus2850

sus2850 Member

This is sad. Especially with the effort of joining the German army. They were great together, but sadly undermarked.

A little side note though: The report is from "sid". This is Sportinformationsdienst, the German sports news agency. "Handelsblatt" just buys their service. The newspaper does not do own research here. There are only 2 German news agencies that cover figure skating extensively, sid and dpa, and a lot of papers use their texts. Not that I have anything against Handelsblatt, but if you want to give credit to who reported this first, it was apparently the agency sid.
  32. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

What a shame :( - this is the tweet/photo of themselves that @kolbecaruso sent out just one week ago:
  33. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel New Member

Hi sus2850, yep I know but I´m still doing the same faults. Of course is shouldn´t be "according to" .....Handelsblatt was just the source where I read it. Usually I refer to dpa, as I´m german too. Old habits die hard :rolleyes:

But it´s still sad times with Ingo very likely leaving, and now this :wuzrobbed
  34. Jeschke

i really don't know what to say to kolbe/caruso?
    kinda dramatic team; they did part ways before and get back together and now again a split? come on; he even got german citizenship just last year for the olympics, this is getting really ridicolous, sorry.
    i don't wnant to be harsh, but as a sportsmen there should be some other attitude and a will to find a way to make this work. they had great coaches by their side, in italy and in germany and there should have been a way to make this work as a former europeans number 8th.
    (i for sure just speak of the less infos we have, who knows what really is going on)
    the last season really didn't help them in any means with the bad short dance and therfore always the early starting positions in the free dance;
    it's a shame, as the team was quite nice and pleasant to watch.

once again funny, that the german fed will beg and pray zhiganshina/gaszi to stick around as long as possible, the team the fed dumped so badly few years ago, as koch/nüchtern have a long way to go.
  35. Jeschke

btw, any words they wnat to continue the sport with new partners?
  36. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Stefano Caruso should be looking for a new partner, he did last time they split. But I don't know if he would skate for Germany or for Italy.
  37. shah

shah Well-Known Member

Maybe he should try to team with Lorenza Alessandrini, unless she has already found a new partner...
  38. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

I think Alessandrini is already taken, but I better let our Italian FSUers report on that.
  39. sanni

sanni New Member

When i read it, i was shocked. I hope the will change their opinion and still skate together!
  40. reut

reut Active Member

Message from Tanja & Stefano:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...62992196.25188.126047140789275&type=1&theater