With a loud Jodel - German skating news part 2

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Jeschke, Jan 28, 2014.

1. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Is this the same Nuchtern as Koch/Nuchtern, whom people have been saying split?

2. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

Nolan is skating with Minerva Hase who also skates Junior Ladies in singles this season.

Robin26 likes this.
  3. sandra_persch

Yes, Sharin Koch and Christin Nüchtern did split and he is trying his luck with Sophie Jones now.

I wonder if the split had to do with Shari's old injury returning last season.

kwanfan1818 likes this.
  4. sanni

sanni New Member

That was my question too. I found some lifestreams, but all doesn't work in Germany. Have you found a livestream which works? For me it's just like for you, I would do anything to see Annabelle and Ruben skating. Now I also hope, that there will be a video on youtube, so I can see it later.

Dramahkween and Irish-Angel like this.
  5. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Eurosport 2 works..... but there is always hope you can see it on youtube later ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLBqt04Tp1I

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    sanni likes this.
  6. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Thanks a lot for your help.....Eurosport International works!

7. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Here it is on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAoZSA6Mb1g&list=UUM_UaC4Afd9QAAXQowpJcrQ

8. sanni

sanni New Member

Thank you! :)

9. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

Schiffner / Salatzki split. He is going to skate with Czech Ice Dancer Sara Cibulkova for Germany.

Jeschke likes this.
  10. mtviolin

mtviolin New Member

sorry for my random question, but I will do some holidays in Oberstdorf and was wondering wether it is possible to attend practices at the ERC.
    Does anyone know something?

11. Ninchen

Ninchen Active Member

Normally that's no problem at all. AFAIR you have to pay a little sum to get into the rink. Less than 2Euros I think

12. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

You can usually walk in. There are practices almost all day.

13. levineismine

levineismine Active Member

@mtviolin, funny that you asked that because I will be going to Oberstdorf for work soon for a couple of days and was going to post the same question :)
    Is it possible to find somewhere the training schedules? I don't have the whole day so it would be nice to sneak in to see the seniors practicing.
    Who's training in Oberstdorf at the moment? besides S/M, Z/G, Brezina and Kostner (but I assume she's not there much these days)?
    thanks!!

14. FSUAddict

FSUAddict Member

Hi, the practice schedules for the Oberstdorf ice rink are usually announced on the rink homepage here.

Practice schedules are the downloads called "Trainingsplan" on the right (scroll down a little bit). There usually are the schedules for the current and the two following weeks. KW means calender week. We currently are in KW 44, the next two weeks are KW 45 and 46. The ice dome minicamps are going on this week with lots of young skaters and among others Robin Szolkowy, Tomas Verner and Anton Kovalevski coaching.

Of course there are no skaters' names announced on the schedules but practice groups only. "Eistanz" is ice dance, "Paarlauf" is pairs, "Meisterklasse" is singles with a minimum personal best of 150 for men and 105 for ladies. "DEU and BEV Kader" are the German National Team and the Bavarian Team.

Who's there depends on the skaters' competition schedules, of course. Apart from the above mentionned skaters Proelss/Blommaert are practicing in Oberstdorf. Bestandigova/Mansiz seem to be there too, being coached by the recently retired Wende/Wende. No idea who else is currently there.

Robin26, levineismine and Dramahkween like this.
  15. Miezekatze

Miezekatze Well-Known Member

Ivan Righini/Bariev also trains in Oberstdorf.
    I think it should be uncomplicated to watch practices there. I'd probably just go there and ask someone when a specific practice takes place.

Robin26 and levineismine like this.
  16. levineismine

levineismine Active Member

thanks a lot for the info, I hope to have enough time to sneak in and attend some practices, and in case I make it, I'll report back :)

17. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

Also The Turkish pair team as well as the German pair team of M/HS, who train with S/M....post please if you go!!!

Dramahkween likes this.
  18. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

Lutricia Bock jsut finished 2nd in her international senior debut at the Volvo Open in Riga.
    143,21pts.
    Congratulations!

A lot of work in her overall skating and presentation is needed, but she really went for the hard jumps. free skate with 2 flips, 2 lutzes an a 2a3sal sequence.
    Great outing!

Dramahkween and Robin26 like this.
  19. Jeschke

Overall standing for Euros qualification (2 best results are counting; 2 spots available)

Ladies

288,63pts Bock (JGP GER 145,2; Volvo 143,21)4
    280,94pts Weinzierl (Lombardia 148,83; Nepela 132,11)
    267,30pts Schott (JGP SLO 140,96; JGP LAT 126,34)
    248,44pts Dastich (JGP GER 132,61; JGP FRA 115,83)
    106,99pts Parker (Autum 106,99)
    106,90pts Hoffmann (Nice 106,90)
    105,67pts Hecken (Nice 105,67)

Don't know if Dastich would be age eligible, but her chances are either almost to zero anyway.
    Alisa Scheidt has better outings at JGPs than Parker, Hoffmann and Hecken, but I think she will skate junior as her chances of making the team ar non existent.

Bock, Hecken, Hoffmann and Parker will all skate again in Graz next weekend.

Robin26 likes this.
  20. sandra_persch

No Dastich is not eligible for Euros yet, but I wonder if Bock would opt on Euros only so that Dastich can do Junior Worlds or if she will do both.

21. Jeschke

thanks sandra.

i expect bock at junior worlds and euros, as weinzierl did both too and bock is obviously a better shot for a top10 result;
    schott would be the next in line for junior worlds right now; so i think dastichs chances to get there are quite slim right now.

22. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Peter Liebers has withdrawn from his second Grand Prix (Japan). Although he is back on the ice, he isn´t ready to compete.

23. Jeschke

thanks, that's quite sad for liebers after his well-deserved spots.
    hope he will get healthy in time for nationals/euros.

if he won't be able to do any competitions before nationals i am sure there will be an exception for him by the german fed for euros, as the german men are unfortunately not very competitive right now.

Dramahkween, Robin26 and Irish-Angel like this.
  24. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

I think so too. there isn´t really another option. No offence to the other german male skaters.

25. Robin26

Robin26 Active Member

Were you ever able to go to watch practices? Im curious how everyone looks.....also stream for this weekends grand prix. Anyone know other than ice network?

26. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

Hm, I wanted to pm you, but apparently you have that function turned off, Robin 26. So I suggest to look up that page with streaming links mentioned above in the thread (http://hotbladeshotpassion.blogspot.de/)

Robin26 likes this.
  27. Jeschke

some good results at the weekend:

bronze for vartmann/vancleave (140,82pts) and martin rappe (180.66pts) at icechallenge in graz.
    v/vcl seem kinda improved, but aborted lift and somehow silly mistakes; they really need to bring it together somehow,
    rappe is pretty lose to his ticket to euros, as all other german guys are miles behind him right now; this is great to see, like his fire.

lutricia bock, 5th (with 2nd best free) (148,13pts) seemed to have ensured her ticket to euros in the ladies category (assuming with that good scores she is not surpassed by schott and weinzierl in the rankings until stockholm); hecken, 8th (120,63pts) kinda better than at nice, but hardest jump was salchow, so still not on any euros level right now. Parker, 10th (108,69pts); Sandy Hoffmann 12th (91,60pts); hoffmann was hard to watch crying in the kiss n cry; i don't want to jinx is, but i would be kinda surprised to see her next season again (though i hope she proves me wrong)
    seems her route is the same as with drescher; lots of talent in the juniors, not able to rebuild that as seniors.

urban/lerche (9th) and rehfeldt/preiss (10th) unfortunately came in dead last in dance.

results
    http://www.skateaustria.com/ergebnisse_201415/icechallenge/icechallenge/
    videos
    http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1743329/events/3575580

btw: lea johanna dastich won the juniors competition pretty impressive (148,52pts)
    this will be really interresting to see how the german fed will decide, which junior lady (bock, schott, dastich) is sent to junior worlds, regarding that bock/schott could do euros too, as the german fed has removed their criterias for euros/worlds/junior worlds of their homepage :D

but as we know: german fed is always good for any strange decisions;

and not to forget:
    prölss/blommaert finished 6th (145,16pts) at their 2nd grand prix in moscow; back with 3twist, but lots of problems with anabelles single jumps. i fear the worst and pray for the best here.

Irish-Angel likes this.
  28. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

So disappointed for Peter Liebers needing to withdraw from NHK. He is amongst the many hard working veterans who have paid their dues. One always hopes for the constellations to align just a bit better, particular with regards to health. Such a challenging sport on perhaps too many levels. Hope he is mending well and preparing for a strong second half to his season at Europeans and Worlds.

nlloyd likes this.
  29. shah

shah Shhh...

But Urban/Lerche got their TES for Euros, so the German Fed can send a second dance team to Stockholm (but I won't be surprised if it doesn't ;)).
    Hecken - yikes!
    I wouldn't mind seeing Bock at Euros.
    As for Prölss/Blommaert - she grew up. A lot. I'm concerned, as well :/...

30. amesic

amesic Member