With a loud Jodel - German skating news part 2

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Jeschke, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

Wow, first thread is closed, it's my honour to start the next one :D

german junior worlds team is determined

Damen: Lutricia Bock, Maria-Katharina Herceg
    Herren: Alexander Bjelde
    Eistanzen: Florence Clarke / Tim Dieck, Ria Schiffner / Julian Salatzki
    Paarlaufen: Julia Linckh / Konrad Hocker-Scholler

substitutes:
    Damen: Nicole Schott, Minami Hanashiro
    Herren: Panagiotis Polizoakis
    Eistanzen: Loreen Geiler / Sven Miersch, Leah Steffan / Benjamin Steffan
    Paare: -

hope the ladies will stay on their feed and mix it up

2. Jeschke

some german news;

natalie weinzierls coach will not be in sochi at the beginning either; as he missed europeans due to a dizzy spell, too, he is not allowed to fly. so at the team event at th 8th feb. weinzierl is coached by the mens coach viola striegler and ice dance coach martin skotnicky. after the team event, weinzierl will fly back to mannheim to train their with her coach peter sczypa and plans to come back for the idividuals at 19th feb with him.

don't know, if this back and forth at the games helps her anything, instead of enjoying te olympic atmosphere.
    but anyway, go nathalie!

3. reut

reut Active Member

4. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Hi there,
    I am new to the Forum, just following it as a passive Viewer.....
    Watched the Team competition in Socchi... and I´m really amazed, how well Peter Liebers was doing:D:D

If anyone can give me some confirmations about S/S: I´ve heard, that they switched their Short into the Pink Panther??? Is that true? What do you think about it?

5. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

It seems that yes, S/S will now have a Pink Panther SP :watch:

6. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Well, I loved "When winter comes", but Pink Panther ........exactly my thougths Loves_Shizuka! Never Change a winning Team!

7. reut

reut Active Member

8. reut

reut Active Member

He did great! I was really glad for him, very decent skate.

9. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

WOW, I'm really excited to see that! It will be comfortable for them so hopefully they will do really well! :cool:

It will also be neat to see it as a sp.

10. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

Way to spoil the surprise for the short program:p

11. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

We've known for a while that these Olympics will be a crapshoot for them,

At least in that videos they seem like they're happy and smiling finally.

12. Lis

Lis Active Member

weee I love the pink panther so looking forward to see it as a SP :)

13. reut

reut Active Member

14. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

I just dropped by to gush about S/S. I just looove them! I was disappointed when they switched SPs because I loved When Winter Comes, but their Pink Panther was fabulous! And Aliona's costume :swoon: /gush

Good luck to S/S and W/W in the long! (Btw who is coaching the Wendes there?)

15. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

That was such a cool surprise!! I was so happy when I saw that pink jumpsuit and they were hosed on the PCS. I hope they land the triple axel and become Olympic Champions, they are such awesome competitors! What a boss move that was to change the short, they have the best LP here after Stolbova/Klimov too IMO.

16. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

17. shah

shah Shhh...

I feel the same... Salchow instead of an Axel and they'd get silver, at least. Awful timing for their worst performance this season...

18. Jeschke

i think silver or bronze doesn't male any difference for them; they cam here for the title and that is all they wanted :(

19. Nadin

Nadin Active Member

20. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

21. Jeschke

holy shit, aliona is determined :D
    i doubt there is anyone of robins league available in germany, but who knows what will happen or if her words are just the first reaction after a frustrated night.

22. Ninchen

Ninchen Active Member

23. shah

shah Shhh...

24. Jeschke

interview with s/s in german tv:
    brief summary

robin is still very sad. aliona has no words about what happened last night.
    aliona didn't watch v/t performance, robin did. but he thought, this motivated him to see the rivals.

they felt secure, felt that they hav had a chance for gold, but it was hard to skate in russia but it shouldn't be that golden moment.

robin has no words what happend on the toe; he wasn't that nervous, felt good, but the fall happened.
    aliona wanted to show everything, knew that gold was gone after the 3toe, but wantd to show everything she can do, that's why they went for the throw axel; the last time she jumped it before was in moscow at the grand prix. they didn't do it in practice, because the risk of any injury was too high.

(clip of v/t: trankov mentioned how hard the pressure is for the last one to skate and thought s/s were not prepared for the pressure with this starting order)

aliona said, at first she was a happy for the starting order, but maybe the pressure was to high, now regarding it afetrwards.

aliona looked shocked to the question whether she starts with a new partner, didn't know where the information came from; she said, no one talked about that.
    question about going to worlds? no decision is made here either.

so maybe it was all gossip, she really looked that shocked.

25. Ninchen

Ninchen Active Member

26. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Í don´t know, but I wouldn´t read too much into these news right now. It still could be an act of defiance from Aljona.

27. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Wow. I'm kinda speechless. (Not for Worlds, :cheer: for that!) But I thought they were going to have their own shows and such? It seemed from the article like they're going to go their separate ways right after worlds? Hmmm. Anyway, as for Aliona continuing, I have no doubt she could do it. But finding a new partner on her level will be basically impossible. I think she's one of the best female pairs skaters EVER, and having some new man to keep up with that is crazy! Especially since Szolkowy matched her so perfectly. They should go to worlds, win, and then she should just bow out gracefully... (But if she doesn't, I would cheer for her even if her partner is the abominable snowman!)

28. Dolore

Dolore New Member

I'm afraid Aliona won't find a partner her level in Germany, she would have to switch nationalities again - I don't want to let her go anymore ! :lol:
    But seriously, which male pair skater in the world can reach her level and can keep up with her work ethic, her passion and her striving for perfection ? Maybe Trankov, but he isn't an option.

29. Jeschke

ingo steuer suddenly appears at the german internet stream, wow :D

says, it was a hard night yesterday and a very tough day today. now all he and s/s are back in the arena to support peter.

it was a shock, that after the 2nd element gold was gone (witt is taking pictures of him and her:p).
    ingo is proud , that they fought until the end. his words: we won bronze. he is proud of winning it, because they gave everything and didn't skate cautious.
    s/s were good in form, robin was totally in shock after the toe. they have risked everything.

question of savchenko with new partner: he said, he heard of this, but they were confused; aliona is young, robin is old; but at first in our heads is worlds, we are nominated, but not decided to go until now. we need to talk about that. but it's sure we don't want to leave with such a performance.
    they want to win their 8th consecutive worlds medal, would be the 1st pair in history (that's true?), once again: aliona is young, robin still in shock and needs time.

he didn't want to talk abput the components of v/t; it was our fault, so we can't complain about the result
    ( i like his attitude compared this now to his reaction in vancouver. he has grown too)
    ingo would like to see the anonymous judges gone.

then he praises hanyu and chan.

very nice interview.

30. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Thank you so much for sharing this!