Wish Jason Brown would change hair style

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by stevlin, Sep 22, 2012.

1. flipforsynchro

flipforsynchro New Member

This is a little side conversation, which is why it's in the trash can. No one is saying they dislike him. There is no need to get so worked up. He is a wonderful skater and I do think the 3A will come soon.

2. just wondering

just wondering Member

That's what came to my mind, too. He could test this by tucking his hair in a swim cap. Actually, I've thought about the swim cap idea for ladies who practice big jumps wearing long thick pony tails. If it works, think of the costuming opportunities. More rhinestones!:lol::lol: :lol:

misskarne and (deleted member) like this.
  3. misskarne

misskarne #408

I do not understand why this conversation even had to happen.

And had it been Brezina, you would have been just as worked up. So don't get on that high horse.

:lol: The music possibilities! "Surfin' USA" perhaps? :rofl:

4. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

If, and when, he does cut his hair, it would make a nice donation to Locks of Love.

5. flipforsynchro

I am not on any high horse. And if you admit to being a super freaky #1 fan fangirl, I will understand why you get worked up because yes if it was Michal I would be out here guns blazing defending him :D. But other than that, I really don't see the big deal.

6. misskarne

misskarne #408

Isn't that a scam? I had heard it was.

At any rate, what he does with it if he cuts it is his business, the same as the decision to cut.

You were the one telling me there was no need to get worked up.

Why do I have to admit to being a super freaky #1 fan fangirl? I am certainly not psycho-obsessed with Jason as you appear to be with Brezina. At any rate the #1 Jason Fan tag is already taken - by Joshua Farris.

I am tired of this discussion and tired of people thinking that people should do things because THEY don't like it. If Jason wants to keep his hair long, let him, because he looks wonderful with it.

7. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Jason should do whatever he wants with his hair.

I don't like the way he currently looks with his hair. When I first saw him, I thought he resembled Kimmie Meissner, and now that thought afflicts me whenever I see him skate.

8. Jun Y

Jun Y Well-Known Member

Totally agree! Why should an athlete cater to fans' opinion about what looks good or bad on them?

Besides, no other male skater (that I know of) on the international competition level wears a pony tail. If anything it makes Jason Brown unique (not that he needs any proof other than his skating). It makes a statement about who he is. I would take that over "looking cute or handsome or sexy" any day. There are plenty of cute, handsome, sexy male skaters on this level with impeccably cut and styled and zero-risk hair, but there is only one Jason Brown.

9. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

10. flipforsynchro

Everyone has things they think people should change. It's not a demand, it's just an opinion.

11. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

His hair suits his face shape. He has a long, thin face. It's like how people complain about SJP's hair and how it's too poofy, Jason has a similar face structure to hers and the ponytail is honestly one of the more flattering hairstyles for that kind of face if you're a guy. He looks good with the ponytail and tbh I don't think he would look as handsome with a different hairstyle. But anyways, if he wants to cut his hair, it should be his choice. If it's true judges give skaters advice about hairstyles, I'd wish they'd stop. I prefered Rachael with long hair, Gracie as a strawberry blonde instead of a bleach-blonde, Agnes as her natural blonde color instead of a reddish-brunette (thankfully she's dyed it back!), and Ashley as a brunette (though she's still stunning as a blonde). Idk if USFS had any influence regarding these decisions, but if they did, that bugs me.

12. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Oops - education time. Locks of Love already gets way more hair than they can use. The number of wigs made versus the number of ponytails donated is miniscule. Word of mouth has given everyone the impression that the wigs are for children who have cancer and lose their hair to chemotherapy, and are free. Not true. Locks of Love provides wigs on a sliding scale to children with permanent hair loss such as alopecia aerata.

http://www.squidoo.com/locksoflove

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/06/f...f=healthguide&pagewanted=all&_moc.semityn.www

People are very quick to target other people's hair as potential donations to Locks of Love. Some people who have long hair because they like it that way are made to feel guilty and selfish if they don't donate it. That is unfair to begin with, but even moreso because Locks of Love doesn't do what most people think it does with the hair.

13. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

I heard that Jason may ask Dai for some hair tips. (jk)

Seriously though Jason is a wonderful skater no matter which way he wears his hair. Personally I don't like the ponytail hairstyle on men in general.
    JMO

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Ponytail is not a flatter hairstyle for anybody.