Wish Jason Brown would change hair style

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by stevlin, Sep 22, 2012.

1. stevlin

stevlin Member

The part in the middle of his hair is so old fashioned. The ponytail needs to go too. He would look cute if he cut his hair. What does everyone think?

2. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

I think it's completely, 110% UP TO JASON. If he likes it, then he can keep it; if he wants to change it he can change it.

And actually, I really like the ponytail and the part. He has the facial structure for it - quite a long face. The overall effect is very Master-and-Commander-ish, he looks quite regal. And it suits him.

I think he would look rather odd with short hair, but that's just me.

I only hope that if he does decide to cut it, it's his own decision and not influenced by negative feedback from anyone.

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  3. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Would be interesting to see him without his pony tail. But that is his choice. Perhaps, pony tail will be his signature look.:)

4. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

I love Jason Brown and his ponytail, which Johnny Weir characterized as ready to "do some damage" at 2011 U.S. Nats! :)

And for GSD, I doubt this is "breaking news." :lol:

Would however a clip of JB landing that elusive 3-Axel be considered "breaking news"?

Whatever, I love Jason Brown, his ponytail, his smile, his sweetness, his amazing talent, and his budding rivalry with Joshua Farris. Rather than wanting to change anything, I'm anticipating great enjoyment in watching their skating careers unfold, and wishing them both all the best!

ETA:

I see from the JGP Istanbul sp clip in Jason/ Josh Uber Thread in Trash Can that Jason landed a two-footed 3-axel with good height and air position! Good for him. Keep working on mastering it, Jason!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    misskarne and (deleted member) like this.
  5. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

I like Jason's hair the way it is. He should continue to wear it that way as long as he wants to.

6. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

HE'll do it when he grows up.

7. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Would Jason possibly look better without the ponytail? Yes. Would Plushenko look better with a different haircut? Yes. Several other skaters? Yes.

It's up to Jason. I hope he doesn't get stuck in a decision one way or another. There was a time when Surya Bonaly was never going to cut her hair. Thank heaven she didn't stick with that decision. Plushenko has stuck with his hair style decision. Good idea? I don't think so. Does my opinion count? Not at all.

I will say Jason's hair style does affect my enjoyment of his skating. That's my problem and I know it. However, I bet some judges feel the same as I do.

Would my hair look better in a different style? Most likely.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  8. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

He'd win a quarter turn of rotation in his 3A if he had a more aerodynamic haircut. A mullet please!!

9. Madmarch

Madmarch New Member

I think he should concentrate more on his skating than his hair. Something you should try to do as well. :rolleyes:

10. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

I think this thread belongs in the trash can...:lol:

11. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

EYS. And, with respect to the original poster, it's always ironic when, more often than not, it's those who have no look who are doing the criticizing of those that do. :glamor:

12. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

Jason asked his fans what they thought a little over a year ago, and the decision was very split, so Jason decided to keep it.

13. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

What the heck is this thread? Why is it in GSD? -_-

I like his hair. I don't care if he dyes it neon green and adds dancing gnomes. It's his hair, he can do with it whatever he pleases.

14. misskarne

Said it all! He is such a delightful young man. And the friendship/rivalry with Joshua Farris is so awesome.

He landed one in the LP too, two-footed and UR but he stayed upright and the air position was nice again. ;)

:p That only works for Russians.

The literal one, although some of the responses are funny :lol:

Indeed, the OP is just jealous of Jason's fabulousness. :glamor:

I actually like the way Jason does his hair for competitions. In practice vids his hair is quite wavy/curly and wispy, but in competitions he must use a ton of stuff on it because it's always very straight and neat.

15. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

I remember him along time ago (Juv?) and it was longer! I love it! (and I like Adam's curls better, too).

16. misskarne

Even in the videos/photos from Novice it was a lot longer than it is now. It started to get shorter in Junior.

17. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

:rofl:

In the GSD thread re Adam's coaching change, there was an interesting discussion re the physics of jumping and the importance of proper technique as trumping body build in relation to jumping success ... Guess we can add "length of hair" as also being a non-factor re 3-axel and quad jumping success. :lol: If it were a factor, surely all the guys would be rushing out to get their heads shaved!!

18. aemeraldrainc

aemeraldrainc Active Member

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD THIS

He's more or less the most interesting skater ever.

The attention to detail in his programs is just astounding.

But the hair... Oh god, the hair... :(

ChelleC and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Well you might believe in such "freedom of choice" nonsense but I am all for a fascist dictatorship where I get to decide on the skaters' appearances.

And then it will be:

1) SNIP SNIP for Jason Brown
    2) A make-under for Caydee Denney

and it's just the beginning!

Who knows maybe one day we'd even get to a point where Plushenko doesn't have his haircut done by his mum cutting all the hair that sticks out of the big saucepan she holds over his head. :shuffle:

21. misskarne

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ziggy again."

:lol:

22. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

I like his ponytail. It's just his signature thing. Without it, he may not be as memorable. Though if anyone is handy with photoshop, I'd love to see a picture of him with the pony chopped off - maybe it would look good, who knows!

This is an interesting connotation, I wonder if this is so. Perhaps if he cut his hair he would be more aerodynamic and be able to finish his rotation?? Interesting...

23. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Well, Surya Bonaly was doing quads with her haircut in 1991...lol

24. crzesk8dad

crzesk8dad Active Member

I almost wrote the same thing! :rofl:

I didn't because Jason is a good guy and didn't want him to be hurt, but the thought did occur to me. :rolleyes:

(I work in aviation; aircraft and aerodynamics fascinates me)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  25. mossop

mossop New Member

No! I predict by the time his hair length reaches his waistline, his 3A will be perfection. And if he allows his hair to grow even longer, he will master the quads when his hair reaches his (sexy) hips. :p

26. stevlin

stevlin Member

Wow, I didn't think my saying "Jason would look cute with a hair cut" would upset so many. Sorry. Maybe it's not the pony tail as much as it is the part in his hair that makes his hair look so flat. Anyway, I miss Adam Rippon's lovely curls.

27. mossop

mossop New Member

Some fans tend to read anything into something. :p

28. misskarne

First, if you've ever seen pics or vids of him at practice/outside the rink, you would see that his hair is only "flat" when he's in competition mode. It's actually very wavy otherwise.

Second, the part that your original post seemed to miss was that it's HIS CHOICE to cut/not cut.

Third, he is cute anyway. Gorgeous. He looks like a Prince from a fairytale, ready to come riding in and save us all.

29. flipforsynchro

flipforsynchro New Member

I seriously don't see the big deal. When people decide to freak out at Denney for her appearance choices, I never see people defend her this much.

30. misskarne

Well, that's her fans' fault, isn't it?

I happen to think Jason is a wonderful skater and he seems like an amazing young man who is intelligent, down-to-earth and thoughtful. And yet some people are fussing - some even can't watch him! - because of a totally insignificant detail like his hair.

Of course I'm going to get a little huffy, it's a completely ridiculous reason to not like someone. All the talk about Jason at the moment SHOULD be about his lovely performances in Turkey, the 3A attempt, the flutz calls, you know, his SKATING. Instead, someone decides that "waaah, I don't like his hair, he should change it".

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012