Will Plush show up at Nationals?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Dec 6, 2011.

Plush? compete?

1. Yes, he'll be there in all his Marton glory!

59.1%
  2. No, he's just a tease...

40.9%
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Place your bets now!

2. koatcue

koatcue New Member

Yes!He said he will take part!

3. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I pass.

Any thread with Plushenko's name turns into a bash fest, so i will just avoid this.

Have fun (bashing):lol:

4. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I hope he does.

5. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I think that if he can at all, he will be.

6. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Of course he will. He can win even without doing any jump !

7. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

He says he is healthy, has programs, is all ready to go, announced he is going - be surprised if he didn't participate.

8. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

He admitted that right now he's just a ladies skater (no quad yet), so he might not show up.

9. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Well the Russian ladies could beat the Russian men easily, so he should be fine. :lol:

10. Glacier cat

Glacier cat Member

I have only these two choices? :confused:

11. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

What other choice do you want? He will skate in exhibition? He will be in the audience? He will be there but he´ll skate in ladies competition?:rofl:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  12. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

He'll not only be there. He'll bring along best-buddy Putin to sit on the stands.

13. Vash01

Here we go. I knew it was only a matter of time before the Plushy bashing will begin......topics not related to his skating.

I have still not voted. I will just wait and see what happens.

14. cem2

cem2 Member

What about a "Who Cares" button..........

15. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

Why would somebody open the thead if he/she doesn't care?:confused:

16. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

If his knees and ankles are doing okay, he may as well show up and easily win. Gachinski is the only one who is likely to give him any competition anyway.

The ladies competition is going to be the real excitement at Russian nationals I think. :watch:

17. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I think with all his sincerity for this sport he's shown, Plushy will definitely be at Russian Nationals, competing!

Even without quads, with that scale of his jumps, his ability on ice, he ain't no ladies skater, ever!

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Vash01

I don't think it will be easy, even if his knees and ankles are OK. He still has to land the jumps. Who knows Gachinski may actually skate well, and others too, at their nationals, with the worlds spots on line.

I am really looking forward to the ladies and pairs competitions. I hope I&M will skate well. V&T have an injury so I don't know what to expect. Still, I want K&S to get on a roll and win their national title and then the world title.

19. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

For someone who claims to be so offended by all of the "bashing" that takes place in all the Plushenko threads, you sure do spend an awful lot of time in them...just sayin'.

20. Vash01

Actually I have learned to skip them majority of the time, because it does not remain about skating; it becomes personal (attacks on the skater). I do love Plushenko. I have never made a secret of it, but I limit that to his skating (and things like injuries, etc. that would affect the skating). Some posters just seem to be out to get him, as soon as his name appears.

21. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Yes, Gachinski could pull off an upset, but he is young and (in my mind) seems to be feeling some of the pressure of being a first time world medalist and the highest ranked active male single skater in Russia right now. Although I think he has improved artistically (and should continue to work on that area), his Grand Prix events were a bit lackluster.

Even though I am not a Plushenko fan, I completely admire his psychological strength and his deep desire to compete and win. That's why I believe if he feels well, and is jumping well he will win.

22. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I can't see Plushenko bombing badly enough for Gachinski to beat him.