Will Perez Hilton finally receive a little karmic justice?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by uyeahu, Jun 16, 2010.

1. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

Just few things among many others:

- HYPOCRISY (and that's a big one). Will post trash about some people repeatedly, but won't touch a few like Paris Hilton. Has been called out on it many times, but ignored it. But he does claim he's fair to everyone.

- Viciousness. He doesn't get the concept of enough is enough. No mercy if he chooses his target. If your own readers are pleading with you to be human...:

- Outing people and trying to justify it. Some people will come out on their own when they know he's planning to out them. Case in point, Lance Bass. Perez of course took credit for it. "It was good for him". Coming out is good, but on one's own terms. Lance wasn't so happy to be pushed.

- Thinking he helps the gay movement. See the point above.

- Drawing semen on people's faces. He cannot be expected to be taken seriously if he does shit like that. Period.

- He is a disgusting pig. Inside and outside.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I can totally see the first two points you mentioned, I remember that from when I was still reading his website.

Well I see "show business" as such a total cesspool that I believe that celebrities deserve everything they get and I don't have any such reservations, though. ;)

Get a real job! ;P

3. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

4. WindSpirit

Really? Then you're worse than Perez, he at least stops at bodily harm. Maybe because he could never win.

5. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

You know, I understand that point about celebrities who really have no talent and live solely off their image.

However, many actors/performers are tabloid fodder just because of their popularity as opposed to them actively seeking out to have their privacy encroached by paparazzi and gossip columnists who go beyond curiosity, snarkiness and get into malicious territory.

As for the "get a real job" point goes, well, many celebrities do have real jobs and clock in long hours on sets/rehearsals/etc. to do their job and in order to do their job, many of those celebrities have to put in an exerting amount of mental and physical work. I once watched an interview with Maggie Smith where she said people have an idea of acting that it's all glamor and easy work when it's really exhausting and requires and an amazing amount of discipline.

I'm not going to compare say...the likes of Kim Kardashian and Heidi Montag to that of a Maggie Smith who cares about her craft nor am I saying that people who make their money and fame out of such exposure shouldn't also be exposed to the negative side of it since it is a double-edged sword. However, at the same time, I find a lot of the negative attitudes towards celebrities (which everyone can be guilty of at some point(s) of their lives) can go so overboard that people are willing to excuse all kinds of extreme negative attention and behavior by the "press." No matter how damaging it is to the subject. Just because we figure Hollywood is a "cesspool" we feel they deserve whatever they get, right?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  6. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

As someone riding around on stage on an ice cream cart, holding on to a pole because otherwise she would fall off? She wasn't dancing. At one point, she bent her knees. Otherwise, she was just standing there, holding on.

When it is an overreaction.

:2faced:

7. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

For the the reasons mentioned by WindSpirit, I think that Perez is vile. And I don't think most of his targets deserve it or have asked for it.

As for Miley, I'm guessing that more men find her "Can't Tame Me" video to be more of a turn on than the photo Perez linked to on his site. That still doesn't make it right for him to do that. Even if Miley is taking the not ucommon route of Disney girls to go very sexual to try to transition to adult pop star, that still doesn't mean it's okay for Perez to do what he did.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I didn't mean everything literally but in the "tabloid banter" sense. ;)

And if you don't want your coochie to be shown to the general public then uhhmmmmm WEAR SOME UNDERWEAR MAYBE? :p

VIETgrlTerifa - you are of course right.

But the vast majority of Perez's posts are about people like Miley Cyrus and the reality circuit freaks. It's not like he discusses serious artists because that's not what his target audience is interested in.

9. Prancer

MILEY WAS WEARING UNDERWEAR. Perez posted a link to a picture of her with the crotch pixilated and a warning attached, which made people THINK she wasn't wearing underwear, even though you can clearly see that she was in other pictures taken at the same time. He posted the link on Twitter, not his web site.

10. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I just watched Miley's performance from Much Music, where she swayed her hips and thrusted while wearing a black leather-mesh bikini top and short shorts. I think it's completely :rolleyes: (especially since the song was supposed to be fun and not sexy) but it's no excuse at all for Perez to do that.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I know. Sorry, I was making a general point about such photos being shown at all, since a lot of people have raised their objections.

12. Prancer

Sorry, but I think it's completely invasive. It's one thing to pose for Penthouse; it's another thing to be minding your own business and have someone stick a camera up your dress.

13. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Prancer: Uberfan of Miley and Perez. Whodda thunkit?:duh::lol:

14. Prancer

Well, you, apparently.

LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

But if you're a celebrity you know that you will be being photographed every day by the paps.

Which leads me to think, that if you are photographed without underwear, you most likely knew very well what you were doing and was hoping for a SKANDAL to revive your flagging popularity (or promote a new album, etc.).

16. Prancer

So they're asking for it, are they?

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

People like Miley Cyrus, Kim Kardashian, etc. depend on their pictures being shown in as many media outlets as possible.

If you have chosen this line of work, how can you then turn around and say "but I want privacy?"

How can we distinguish between a celebrity forgetting themselves and spreading their legs wide exiting a car and a celebrity doing that on purpose so that the picture is posted/printed everywhere and widely talked about?

18. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize people still went to his site. I never do lol!!

19. Prancer

And prostitutes can't be raped, either, right?

How about we don't distinguish between them and just not have paps sticking cameras up skirts? There are plenty of outlets for those who want to put themselves on display and then we don't have to worry about invading the privacy of the rest.

20. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

I don't understand his point about any celebrities. If they have no talent, the reason that they can live solely off their image is because we, they public, pay for it. We pay to read the articles, see the pictures; we listen to the music. Even if it's indirectly, advertisers won't advertise if they don't think we'll read the articles, watch the TV special, or listen to the song. These celebrities have talent enough that we're interested enough to pay.

Because their jobs are acting and singing (for the most part), so when that's done for the day over, so is their job.

21. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

OTOH, I'm pretty sure that actors, singers, etc. who dress up and go to red carpet events are not going there hoping that no one notices them and no one takes their picture.

Publicizing yourself through non-singing, non-dancing, non-whatever activities is part of the job in that it gets you noticed, so the public might be more likely to pay attention to your main work.

But of course that doesn't excuse photographers sticking cameras up your dress, as Prancer so eloquently put it.

22. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Going to those events is publicising themselves for their work. It's part of their job. Going down to the beach with their family is not. Again, I don't think they should be fair game when they're not working. I think it should be okay for them to want to be in their line of work and want privacy outside of work.

23. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Uhhmmm- it's called "under"wear. I think anyone, celebrity or not, has a right to expect that people NOT try to peek at their underwear. It is common decency and good manners. A boy who took a picture on the stairs at his school and posted a picture of a girls pixellated crotch would be expelled.

Perez has the right to be as disgusting as he wants to be. He can make up any gossip he wants and deface all the pictures he wants- of adults. I've only seen his stuff as re-posts or accidental clicks, and I hope that eventually he alienates all those who still visit his site, so that he just fades away.

But Perez does not have the right to sexualize children. Pixellating Miley's crotch and drawing semen on Sanjaya's face (also underage) should both have made him an internet pariah. I wish someone would charge him.

24. Capella

Capella Guest

25. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Not so quick:

perezhilton.com/2010-06-21-pandamonium

It was just about a year ago that he got knocked the eff out. Wish it would happen again soon. Actually, more than anything, I wish he would be busted for DUI or drugs. He is probably careful and may not even do drugs but if he does then he deserves to be caught soon, he rags so many people for DUI and drugs. I know, I know, you shouldn't really applaud a DUI but people make mistakes, instead of hoping they learn he posts horrible mugshots and draws semen on their face and hopes they rot in jail. It is only fair if I can wish the same for him.

26. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ok, he's still doing it, and still disgusting-looking.

27. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

No one deserves to be "knocked" out. When he draws on the photos it's just supposed to be funny. I don't find it funny but some do, it's not meant to be taken so seriously. He's just a blogger.

28. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I think he deserves to be knocked out, I really do. I understand if you think that is wrong but I feel very strongly about what a schmuck he is and I don't think a little physical violence against Perez Hilton would be such a horrible thing, he would rather deserve it, IMO.

29. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Syndicated tv and cable news channels show celebrities as well as ordinary folks when they get DUIs etc. as well. I know it's not on the same level as perez and tmz but it's still done for the same types of reasons so why no anger at them? Just cuz they don't draw stupid little images on the pics?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  30. WindSpirit

I edited the links. If you link to his website, etc. can you please not post http:// part so it's not a hyperlink. The link will still be there, and people can copy & past it and go to the website. He just won't get hits from FSU this way.