Whose improved or fresh, new skating so far this season has won you over as a fan

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by museksk8r, Nov 26, 2013.

Whose improved or fresh, new skating so far this season has won you over as a fan

1. Patrick Chan

12 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. Tatsuki Machida

11 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Yan Han

11 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Maxim Kovtun

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. Jason Brown

38 vote(s)
    29.2%
  6. Elena Radionova

6 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Ashley Wagner

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. Julia Lipnitskaia

22 vote(s)
    16.9%
  9. Stefania Berton / Ondrej Hotarek

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. Pang Qing / Tong Jian

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  11. Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  12. Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue

12 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

So far this fall skating season, we have been treated to exciting performances from seasoned veterans who have displayed improvements and from fresh new talent emerging onto the senior scene for the first time. Who has impressed you most and whose skating so far this season has won you over as a fan?

Choices:

Patrick Chan

Tatsuki Machida

Yan Han

Maxim Kovtun

Jason Brown

Elena Radionova

Ashley Wagner

Julia Lipnitskaia

Stefania Berton / Ondrej Hotarek

Pang Qing / Tong Jian

Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte

Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue

Other, please state who.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  2. Mrs. P

Mrs. P Active Member

I've been a Jason Brown fan for years, so I picked Yan Han. I really have enjoyed his skates this season; I couldn't say the same when he was in juniors. It was so unfortunate he was ill during TEB, but I admired him for pushing through.

3. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

I liked Ashley before, but I've become emotionally invested this season. Her sp is my favorite of all the ladies right now, and her commitment to the 3f/3t this season shows a new level of guts and determination, even for her.

4. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

Adam Rippon, Sammi Cesario, Jason Brown and..... yes....... Patrick. I've finally been able to just settle into his skating and appreciate it for what it is. I'm turning into THAT fan, who just wants to appreciate the beauty of skating, without being hung up on my favs.

5. misskarne

misskarne #408

I'm certainly feeling a lot softer towards Adam Rippon than I ever have before.

6. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I wish this was a multiple choice poll. I picked Julia L. but I would have also liked to pick Han Yan and Elena Radionova

7. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Definitely Jason Brown. I didn't dislike him before but now I like him a lot.

8. museksk8r

I know, I goofed and hit the post button too soon without clicking the multiple choice option. Sorry. :( *spaz out* :wall:

9. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I've always liked him, but I have the same feeling. I'm even more impressed this season.

kwanette and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Li'Kitsu

Li'Kitsu Active Member

How can Jason have so many votes? He was phenomenal before already! How can you vote for him here? :p

Okay, jokes aside... I picked Julia. I think she's worked a lot on her relation to the music, and it shows. Before this season, I didn't feel anything at all about her skating. Now I really like watching her and want to keep my fingers crossed for her for the next competitions(including Sochi) :)

11. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

The OP said "new talent emerging onto the senior scene for the first time"

It's his first season on Senior GP. I'd say he was the breakout star of the GP.

12. Dolore

Dolore Member

I picked Patrick Chan. I have always been a fan of his skating skills and his footwork but I found his artistry and performance ability lacking. With this year's programs he really improved in that department imo. I also like Berton/Hotarek and I am very glad to insult see that the time for Pang Tong isnt over yet.

13. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

No problem. We can still state who else we would like to select.

14. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

I picked Berton and Hotarek. I never noticed them much until Skate Canada. But I like them a lot now...

15. JasperBoy

JasperBoy Heading for Helsinki

I picked Jason Brown. I became a fan in Quebec when I saw him at the JGPF. He was young and raw, but had enormous potential. Now he is living up to that potential. I see Jason as the next best thing in men's skating.....once Patrick has had his turn.

16. briancoogaert

I remember watching Jason Brown at US Nationals few years ago. So, it's not a surprise.
    But at TEB, I've discovered almost nobody knew him, and everybody was impressed by him !

17. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

From the list I'd say Elena Radionova, though she's not exactly new to me. I followed her last year on the JGP but I'm really happy to see her debut so well on the senior GP.

My favorite new skater is Samantha Cesario. I'd seen her a couple of times over the years but she never really caught my attention the way she did this year. I love her programs and the fire and attitude she brings to the ice. She's also been the most consistent US senior lady out there this season (excluding Ashley of course). I really hope she has a great skate at nationals and places well.

I also really like Jason Brown; he's such a sweetie. :)

18. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Pogorilaya! She's awesome and so under-rated. No one jumps 3lz-3t better than her except Yuna Kim. And maybe Gracie Gold once in a blue moon. But really, I think she's very talented and much improved from last season and think she could surprise this season or next, maybe win a medal at Euros or something.

19. misskarne

misskarne #408

On a slightly-serious side note, I think Jason's sudden popularity explosion goes to show how few people follow Juniors that intensely. It's not like Jason came from nowhere; but if you didn't follow Juniors, I guess you wouldn't know.

20. David21

David21 Well-Known Member

That would be Machida for me. Somehow I didn't remember him from last season even though he had already won a Grand Prix.

He's a beautiful, talented skater with the complete package IMO. Hope he won't bomb again at his Nationals...

21. briancoogaert

His SP to C2C last season was fantastic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObj7JDcgOw :swoon:

22. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

It's between Anna & Luca or Ashley for me.
    Ashley really looked like a lady against girls at TEB & I loved watching her.
    Anna & Luca are going back to pure dance which is really difficult to do with the judging system.

23. lala

lala Well-Known Member

I picked Elena, but I like Julia and Jason, too

24. David21

David21 Well-Known Member

25. Primorskaya

Primorskaya Trummerlotte

Wasn't it just! The timing of the 3A (I think it was, cant watch video now to check) bang on the break in the music was awesome.

Hard to vote for this as people like Jason Brown and Ashley Wagner (and Adam Rippon, although he's not on the poll) were already in my good books. Radionova I was aware of in Juniors. So the award goes to....PChan. I never thought I'd see the day. But I saw him live at TEB and...yeah, he was that good.

26. museksk8r

I was introduced to Papadakis/Cizeron at TEB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGwG1lr9QyE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrlnJRy1mz4 and immediately fell in love with their style, look, and unique music selections. I love the fluid body movement of Guillaume in particular. He's quite the stunning looker too! :swoon: I look forward to their future with great anticipation! :encore: :cheer2:

Also, this is how they valiantly rebounded in the FD from a very rough SD outing at the Cup of Russia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m5upuC2i7Y

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  27. WeakAnkles

WeakAnkles New Member

Gilles/Poirier. They never impressed me before, but I think their Hitchcock Free Dance this year has the most interesting concept and choreography of all the Free Dances.

28. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue.

The past few seasons I've enjoyed them, but this year they seem to have taken their skating to a new level. I love both of their programs, especially their FD.

I am cautiously hopeful that they will kick some serious ass at Nationals and bump off Chock/Bates or the ShibSibs for a spot on the Olympic and World Teams.