Who will win Dance GPF gold?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by judgejudy27, Nov 30, 2012.

Who will win GPF dance gold

1. Virtue & Moir

50.5%
  2. Davis & White

46.8%
  3. Pechelat & Bourzat

0.5%
  4. Bobrova & Soloviev

1.1%
  5. Ilinykh & Katsalapov

0.5%
  6. Cappellini & Lanotte

0.5%
  1. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Who will win the Dance Gold at the GPF. It seems there are only 2 obvious candidates.

2. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I really hope Virtue & Moir win as this is the one prize that has eluded them. However it looks like Davis & White events to take from the scores thus far, with Virtue & Moir possibly like last year improving and coming back at that after that.

3. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

Must have been my subconsious mind; I immediately clicked on V&M and couldn't correct the mistake. If the poll was who I want to win it would be V&M but I think D&W will.

4. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

well, with the power of your subconscious mind by way of freudian slip, v/m will win ;)

5. lala

lala Well-Known Member

V/M will win, it's obvious

6. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I want VM to win it, but I think DW will.

7. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I voted for V/M but that's more wishful thinking than probability unfortunately.

8. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

It would be nice to think it was open & not a two couple race but it will be between D/W & V/M even if there are errors.

9. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I think and hope Meryl/Charlie will win :)

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I think it may come down to the technical panel. If they are harsh and picky, then I think it could benefit V/M but if they are easier I could see it tilting the other way. That being said, I am wishing for V/M cause I'd like to see them win the GPF but I'm really not sure how to vote -- head or heart? Aw shucks, who am I kidding -- I'll go with my heart :D

11. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I hope Virtue and Moir. But of course, it can be Davis & White, and why not Pechalat & Bourzat ! :cheer2:

12. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

V&M are not exactly underdogs guys. :lol: They have never "owned" this event like D&W, but I think they will win. Head to head, I hope and believe the judges will score the PCS accurately between the two couples to reflect the difficulty and innovation of Carmen and the excellent interpretation displayed by V&M.

13. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Hear, hear!

14. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

V&M have not won the GPF before, but that does not mean they are underdogs here. As the reigning Olympic and world champions, they are going to be the favorites here. So I voted for them. For Davis & White, I would rather see them regain their world title. GPF does not mean that much.

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, this will be more pain for V-M to lose in there home city.
    I think untill WCh judges will respect V-M more, but for now i think they want to see D-W on the top, like this alwayse be, but usually V-M didnt give judges a chance to put them under D-W.
    Will see what will happened this time. I wish V-M will win GPF, but think this will be D-W. But good luck to all skaters!

16. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

D/W will win most likely. They have much higher scores than V/M so far. I wonder if P/B might even be able to beat V/M here..

17. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

^If you look at scores over the past year, P/B are creeping up on V/M and D/W. I think P/B's high score this season is actually closer to V/M than C/L and B/S behind them. While I believe both NA teams still have the advantage, it's nice to see someone getting close(r) and making it more interesting. BTW, I don't like P/B's FD music this year.

18. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I'd love for Virtue and Moir to win because they don't have this title yet but I actually hope they will peak at Worlds as per usual.:D

19. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Wee... incredibly touch choice ... sigh.... I love watching both V&M and D&W. They are both fit and on top of their game. I will just toss the coin.

20. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I'm like Carmen O. I think D&W will win, and I want V&M to win, but I did vote that way and gave it to D&W.

21. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I think it's Weaver and Poje's year. My thinking is that their time is now.

22. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Well, that was bitchy

D/W will win.

23. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

:D I would go there with ya ... but for a couple things
    1) they aren't one of the choices
    2) pretty sure they aren't going to GPF ;)
    but I do like the way you think.

24. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I think Davis/White will win since their SD is better than V/M's and V/M never win the GP Final, for some reason.

25. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

They are first alternates. And I have locks of both Ilinykh and Katsplatov's hair along with some MIGHTY long pins. Do not underestimate my powers.

26. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

I believe you PeterG. Look what you did to Julia?:p

27. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I have a fair bit more work to do in getting Kaetlyn to Sochi... :(

28. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I'd love Meryl and Charlie to win it again as it's the one title they have that Tessa and Scott don't. However, at the end of the day I prefer them to win Worlds, unlike last year, so the GPF title may as well go to Scott and Tessa.

That's what I want. What I think? It's gonna be incredibly close. I'd love D/W to win the SD section as theirs is a masterpiece. It's harder to say with the FDs, it can go either way, depening on the performance of the day.

29. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

The title will go to whichever team manages to hit all their edges in the YP and the step sequences, in other words, the team that can manage the levels, as the judges will pretty much tie them on components. Remember last year though that D&W had a huge lead after Scott fell in the SD, and that V&M actually won the free dance once the scoring error was corrected. So anything can happen and something out of the ordinary probably will...

30. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

I'd really like to see V/M and D/W tie ... requiring duplicate golds.