Who will medal in the ladies event at the Japanese Nationals?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by MikiAndoFan#1, Dec 16, 2010.

Who will medal in the ladies event at the Japanese Nationals?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2010.
  1. Akiko Suzuki

62.9%
  2. Fumie Suguri

2.6%
  3. Haruka Imai

3.3%
  4. Kanako Murakami

72.2%
  5. Mao Asada

41.1%
  6. Miki Ando

81.5%
  7. Other (Please Specify)

0.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Who do you think will medal and earn a ticket to the 2011 World Championships?

2. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Who will medal or who will be named to the team? I think the latter will be more interesting.

3. MikiAndoFan#1

If I'm not mistaken, the medalists will automatically be named to the team. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

4. NMURA

NMURA Member

The JSF president has warned Asada that she needs the podium placement to be named for the world team. There are less reasons to give special favors to other skaters.

Asada
    Ando
    Murakami

5. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

This puts a ton of pressure on Asada, no?

She must get by one of Murakami, Suzuki, and Ando who have been really laying it down this year. Ando flubbed the SP at the GPF but I imagine that's because it was new, and she'll only get better at it.

I wonder if we'll see a Slutskaya situation circa '99 for Asada this year - one year after an Olympiad left off the national team, but comes back stronger than ever...

6. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

So Asada needs a podium finish to qualify for Worlds apparently. Does Miki Ando who even though she was last of the 3 Japanese at the GP final won 2 GP events. In anycase I am guesing Asada, Ando, and Murakami in some order. Murakami beating Suzuki at the GP final will be enough of an excuse for them to bump out Suzuki.

7. NMURA

NMURA Member

I don't think so. The officials know well Asada has no physical problems. Just skate to win with your full energy, not for self satisfactions or ideals.

8. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Murakami
    Suzuki
    Asada

...in that order. Miki will be dumped.

9. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

What makes you so sure Ando will be dumped?

10. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

I think that the Japan Federation has had enough of Team Morozov's escapades. So if push comes to shove and all things are equal (Ando and some other skater skate about the same), the other skater will get the nod.

11. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

12. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Asada will prob still have problems so I'm going with Ando 1st, Murakami 2nd, Suzuki 3rd, Asada 4th. If Mao goes clean, (which I'd love, but doubt) it will then be Asada, Ando, Murakami.

13. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

14. MikiAndoFan#1

No she won't. Miki has been skating very well so far and I'm sure she'll try her best to guarantee her spot at Worlds. In my opinion, Akiko may be the one getting dumped. The judges are clearly liking Kanako more than Akiko. :revenge:

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

I think the title is between Miki and Kanako and the bronze is between Mao, Akiko and Haruka. I don't really like Miki or Kanako but I'm sure they'll be needed to keep 3 spots for Japan. I hope Akiko gets the 3rd spot.

16. kia_4EverOnIce

kia_4EverOnIce New Member

I can't think of Japanese team without Asada and Ando. So, I think it'll be 1st Ando (GPF Sp was new and she didn't have great mistakes, then she won lp), 2nd Asada and third place between Akiko and Kanako.
    But I fear that Akiko is the one who's gonna get dumped, judges has shown to like Kanako, she seems to be the "next one", and she also has shown a good consistency. I also hope Akiko'll get the 3rd spot, I loved her lp at GPF.

17. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

OMG if Kanako goes on to Worlds I'm going to cry. -_-

18. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

How about Risa Shoji? :lol:

19. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

Is she even qualified? She's 14. And IMO they're not about to pass up one of Miki, Kanako, Akiko, Mao, or Haruka in favor of Risa.

20. miki88

miki88 New Member

I don't think she's eligible yet. But I actually prefer her style to Kanako. She's younger but so much more mature. But she does tend to get a lot of URs though.

21. MikiAndoFan#1

Me, too. I think Kanako is still too childish, but I still like her, though. :D

22. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

If Asada skates really badly, like almost all pops, can she even beat Suguri and Imai?

23. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

Murakami
    Miki or Akiko
    Asada or Haruka

24. miki88

miki88 New Member

If I recall, she did manage to beat both of them at TEB. It's not really like Suguri is skating all that well either for many years now. :cold: Imai has a chance to turn things around but she isn't very consistent either and she doesn't get the hype that Kanako has this season.

25. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

It depends on which Suguri and Imai. Clean or meltdown?

26. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

She has some major UR issues to work out before she contends, IMO.

27. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Shoji is not eligible for senior competitons anyway, so it's a moot point.

28. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

All I know is that I really, really want Akiko to make the world team. I guess my preferred three would be Akiko, Mao, and Kanako...not sure that's going to be reality though.

29. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to go to Worlds. She will be competing in the senior ladies event though and the question was who medals. I could see her placing pretty high, maybe like 5th or 6th.

30. SkateSkates

SkateSkates Member

I don't know what it is, but something about Shoji reminds me of Kwan. Obviously not the jumps - maybe it's the body type?