Who will be Yu-Na's next coach?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by JerseySlore, Aug 26, 2010.

Who will coach Yu-Na?

1. Mama

99 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. TAT

8 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Arthurnian

29 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Frank Carroll

23 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Pam Gregory!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Richard Callaghan

7 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. Morozov

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. YNK and Asada will coach each other

68 vote(s)
    20.4%
  9. other

88 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Pasha Grichuk!

2. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

Nagakubo.

And then all the ubers' heads will explode :D

3. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

You think Pasha would put up with ATS's mismanagement? I guess if they give her enough money and don't blow smoke in her face, she'd be fine.

4. JJH

JJH Well-Known Member

Tara Lipinski. But not until she fires Michelle.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Libertango

Libertango New Member

Don Laws :cool:

Or she could go to shpilblllland and try Ice Dance with Fedor!!!

6. bookworm

bookworm New Member

Where on earth did you come up with this?:lol:

7. Autumm_wind

Autumm_wind New Member

Plushy, of course, to banish all her thoughts of retiring.

8. senorita

senorita New Member

Then she should have not Plushy, but his wife...:p

9. Autumm_wind

Autumm_wind New Member

How ignorant of me. :lynch:

10. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Since it seems there is a good chance that she will not be competing any more, then I chose "mama" who seems to have a lot of input into Yuna's skating, no matter what.

11. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Pasha was one of the first ones to visit the back stage and congradulate Yuna for her 09 Worlds victory in LA. I think her and Yuna can form a wonderful team.

FYI, if you are referring to the break up, the Yuna Orser post is still active and available for you to say all you want . :yawn:

12. VIETgrlTerifa

And what's your point? She never had to work with her. I'm sure Brian was the first to congratulate her on her skate. ;)

13. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Oh please spare me from saying same things over and over.
    The break up thread is still active for you to express all your obsessions.

14. jaws12345

jaws12345 Banned Member

Arthurnian.

15. VIETgrlTerifa

Yeah because this thread is oh so serious. Yes, please let's have Pasha coach Yu Na Kim. Please let's discuss the logistics of it and see how beautiful her Korean LP will be when she doesn't perform it at Worlds.

16. hotskate

hotskate New Member

Yagudin?

17. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

My guess is that Yu-Na´s mother will select her a Russian coach, since the next Olympics are held in Russia, LOL.

18. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

I really don't feel she needs a main coach to look after her every day. She has already shown enough poise and drive in route to winning her OGM and doesn't need to be told what to do. :respec:

She should instead gather team of best experts to advice her on various elements. Wilson & Bourne for choreo, Perhaps Kulik for jumps, Lambiel for spins, and definitly Pasha for extra flair.

Parting with her former coach could turn out nicely for her after all. :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  19. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

Now that I think about it, John Nicks will give her extra polish and clean up her line. He took back Sasha after all, so he might not have too much qualms about working with skaters represented by their mothers.

20. lakewood

lakewood Active Member

They have to find one who speaks English and Korea and is willing to this kind of job (sport business). Not easy in Korea. Not easy in NA either.

21. Le Amarant

Le Amarant New Member

A good translator is not hard to find...

Many a high-schooler have a better grasp of Korean-English translation than Ms. Helen Choi.

22. bek

bek Guest

:lol: Frankly they could just go to Yu-na's forum and do some recruiting (seriously)

23. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Surya Bonaly's mother.

I can see it now, "When Yu-Na was just an infant OGMist, Ms. Bonaly adopted her when she was refugee in America after being expelled from Canada. This nomadic life, of course, was nothing new to Yu-Na, having lived in exile from her native South Korea for fear of mobs swarming her . . ."

24. minneapolis

minneapolis Banned Member

Russia Federation:saint:

and

Person who doesnot connected with IMG and Japanese Team.

25. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

Michelle Kwan!

26. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Nick parted ways with Tiffany Chin because of her mother's interferences. There's only so much he will put up with.

After this whole mess with Orser, I'm not sure if any high-profiled coach would be too willing to dip his toes into the Yuna's camp right now. Yuna could always go back to the coach that she had prior to Orser.

27. Fallcolor

Fallcolor New Member

Wasn't it Frank Carroll that stopped working with her due to the mother? I thought she left Nicks because of her injury/inability to jump anymore and needed a new coach.

28. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

There is no simple answer except contentious relationships and that her mother thought the grass was always greener. Furthermore, many skaters neither leave their coaches because of injury nor leave because their coach can't take them any farther except if the coach says so; coaches do not want to hold back their skaters. When Tiffany was jumping from Carroll to Nicks to Laws and trying to go to Fassi, she was just spinning her wheels and muddling her technique as she went.

Consider this, Tiffany was overtaken by Debbie Thomas, who was coached by Alex McGowan. At the same time, Brian Boitano was coached by Linda Leaver, Kristi Yamaguchi was coached by Christy Ness, Tonya Harding was coached by Diane Rawlinson and Dody Teachman, etc. It was not the coach that held back Tiffany. She could have gone to Carroll, Nicks, Laws, Fassi, Kohout, Luddington, Scotvold, etc., or a coach at a shopping mall rink and it would have made no difference.

29. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

I feel that Yu-Na will stay in competitive skating for some more years barring a career-ending injury, as she seems sincere in getting the competitive programs done. And looking at the whole situation, Yu-Na’s new coach might be again somebody with limited experience in elite coaching. I wonder whether all of this would put David Wilson in a difficult position as to working with Yu-Na in the future. It would be a shame if that happens, since Wilson and Yu-Na have built such a good rapport and I believe they together can make many more wonderful programs. Although I sometimes want to see Yu-Na work with other choreographers, I would be happy to see her continue working with him on at least one program for each season.

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  30. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I notice most people believe Yu-Na's next coach will be her own mom. Gee, I had no idea her mom is a professional coach. But then, why did she turn to Orser to begin with so long as she can do the coaching job herself?