Who will be the U.S.'s 2nd Ladies Entry for Worlds?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by FunnyBut, Nov 27, 2012.

Which US lady (other than Ashley Wagner) will most likey be going to Worlds?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2012.
  1. Mirai Nagasu

44.1%
  2. Gracie Gold

42.6%
  3. Christina Gao

10.3%
  4. Agnes Zawaadski

1.5%
  5. Someone else (please specify)

1.5%
  1. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

Ashley Wagner has to be the strong favorite , so who do you think will be the U.S.'s second lady qualifier for Worlds? Mirai, Gracie, Christina and Agnes have all posted scores in the 170's this season, it's going to be a really exciting US Nationals :cheer:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

hey I was gonna make this thread :(

I pick Gold !

FunnyBut and (deleted member) like this.
  3. FunnyBut

I picked Gold too! The burden will be on Mirai and Agnes to show they are not headcases. Gold isn't especially consistent either, but her jumps are so impressive and she skates with amplitude. I'm thinking if she lands her jumps, her PCS will be very generous (even the international judges are giving her that). I do think if Mirai rotates her jumps and performs with verve, she's in another league from the other 3. For me, there's something rather Tonia Kwiatowski about Agnes (and it's not just her last name :lol:). She's well-trained and has the skills, but there's not so much a star quality, and the mistakes compund the issue and make her an also-ran. Christina may be the most consistent of these ladies, but despite her great improvement this season, she hasn't garned great PCS, but still, she's definitely a wild card in this.

4. icellist

icellist Member

Maybe it'll be so close that 4CC will be the deciding factor. But forever rooting for Mirai :cheer2:

5. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I picked Mirai because she has experience, and she seemed to skate quite well at the GP. It may come down to how everyone skates at the nationals. In the unlikely event that Mirai (or Gold) wins the national title (meaning automatic berth), Ashley will be selected as the #2. IMO it's not that far fetched, but Ashley will need to have a melt down for that to happen.

I really want Agnes to have a great skating career, but so far I am not seeing the mental toughness in her. She is young, and she could develop it, just like Ashley did. I think she is a post-2014 skater for the USA.

6. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

I voted with my heart and picked Nagasu. Really, any of these skaters is capable of it. I probably should have picked Zawadski.

I don't think the USFS selectors will wait for 4CC to name the World team. They meet and make the announcement at Nationals. In theory, they will also look at GP results, but I think they will go with 1st & 2nd skaters at Nationals (assuming they are age-eligible). The only way they might not is if Wagner finishes 3rd.

Is Czisny sufficiently recovered to be at Nationals?

7. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

8. naan

naan New Member

Gold! :cheer2:

9. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

As much as i would like Agnes to make it, it is very unlikely. Voted for Mirai because judges will give her components above Gold that i think will push her to second ( assuming she lands some clean jumps )

10. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Mirai by two points in this poll, and by one in the same poll started about a month before this one. :D

Some of us have even voted twice on the same poll in these different threads.

11. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Poor Gao, she skated very well at her 2nd event and her stock has still dropped well down.

12. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

I'm surprised people aren't too faithful about Gao, Aside from Ashley, she was the US lady with the next best GP season, yeah she messed up the SP at TEB, but it wasn't a meltdown a la Gracie at SC, 3 out of 4 programs she put out were quite good and she still has room to peak this season, I wouldn't be shocked if she does quite well in Omaha.

13. ambern024

ambern024 New Member

From what i've watched of Agnes she seems to be one of those sp skaters. The rest i think are pretty even.

I'm hoping for Mirai just because i like her skating the most and she has more experience than the others.

14. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I hope Nagasu or Gold.

15. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

I think her potentional score is much lower than either Gold or Nagasu; however, if either of them make ANY mistakes, she is RIGHT there if she is clean.

16. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I think it's going to be Mirai, given the way she skated in her two GPs. She seems surprisingly consistent, as compared to the last couple of seasons. Gold is not consistent enough yet.

17. FunnyBut

I think with Mirai, the technical caller becomes a big factor, her jump rotations are frequently suspect. Gold, Gao, and Zawadski have got to be among the most gifted jumpers ever to get to US Nats. It's interesting that Mirai and Ashley have the maturity and total package, but Christina/Agnes/Gracie have the jumps.