Who is the better skater: Trankov or Volosozhar?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by koatcue, Oct 2, 2013.

1. koatcue

koatcue New Member

I saw a few comments which said that Tatiana is a much better skater than Max. I personally think that they are equal - they have their strengths, so they complete each other. What do you think?

2. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

I love them both and think they make an excellent couple. When I watch them I don't notice that one is stronger than the other. If I had to watch them as individuals, I would prefer Tatiana because she has beautiful lines and quality of movement.

3. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Definitely Tatiana. Her positions are stunning, her lines incredible and she is a solid jumper too.

Male and female partners obviously have different roles out there. His job is to be rock solid when he lifts her and throws her and honestly, he is not. Case in point, he once fell while throwing her. Her job is to land all those throws (she usually does) and to hit clean, beautiful positions in the lifts (which she always does). Thus, I believe she is a better skater, even though he is a great one as well.

4. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Tatiana's a little better, IMO. He's not BAD, though lol.

5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I almost feel like the only skater good enough to skate with Tatiana is Aliona Savchenko... :swoon:

6. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

She's stunning and a goddess on the ice. And truly a rock under pressure
    He's much more moody and drama, inner diva in him but I end up usually paying more attention to him than to her. He's hot as hell, too:hat1:

7. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

he fell because there was so much height on the throw and there was such distance between them when she landed that he had to scramble to catch up to her and caught his toe pick on the ice. That's a case of technique being too good. :lol:

8. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

They both are very good skaters, in a different way, so they complete each other well. I admire her cool ladylikeness and sureness and his diva quality. He is a tall man, jumping is not easy with that height.

9. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Equal:) Because she brings in perfect quality and stability and he brings in theatricality,"look at me" and slightly "wild" factor ( with quality, too). Perfect pairing.

10. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

i do think this pairing looks more pleasing to the eyes than M/D and K/D ever were, both in their appearance and the way they skate ;). tatiana certainly brings the old-school classical russian pairs skating, while max brings the drama of moskvina's pairings.

11. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

More pleasing to the eye maybe but M/D challenged themselves with captivating and incredibly innovative programs, which were far superior to the blah programs V&T currently skate. I do hope they continue past 2014 since it is obvious they are winning the OGM this year, but they will never be remembered as one of the truly legendary pairs if all the material they have put out is what we have seen thus far.

12. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

i do agree. their programs are nothing of the memorable kind that even their fellow competitors s/s have brought so far. max may be dramatic, but the choreography is doing nothing to take that drama to the next level. the olympics isn't gonna help since they're gonna stay with safe programs to win, but i hope they stay after the olys to try and skate more creative programs

13. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

It's in the eye of the beholder. Both "which is better" which I think is impossible to answer since they are both excellent in different ways, and whether or not they will be "legendary" or not. It seems like people will generally see what they are looking for.

14. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Maybe her glide is lighter and she probably has more abilities in term of skating skills (but that's how I see it). But about overall skating, they are both really strong, and are perfect together :)

15. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Skate with Aliona or do other things with Aliona?

16. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

They have differing qualities which compliment each other.