Who is prettier?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by TheIronLady, Jun 28, 2013.

Who is prettier?

1. Yu Na Kim

72 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. Mao Asada

14 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Miki Ando

16 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Carolina Kostner

11 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Ashley Wagner

18 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Gracie Gold

32 vote(s)
    18.7%
  7. Kanako Murakami

8 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. os168

os168 Active Member

Sigh... why is this thread still alive~

Ironlady, here's a pretty red apple, have sumin'

TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I think Kiira can sound kind of dorky at times, which I like. I get the impression that she'd be a fun person to meet - can anyone confirm?

Reply, part 2 ;) - the other competitors can fight it out for the silver though obviously that should go to Stephane. And besides, Lysacek's hair is more product than hair, and unlike Dai, he does not know how to use it correctly. Use of hair product should only be attempted by experts!

Now that I think about the good looks/good hair (with appropriate use of product) angle, this is the prettiest podium of them all. Can we now close the thread?

This may be FSU heresy, but every curly haired skater I can think of looks better with shorter hair. Adam Rippon especially.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  3. giselle23

giselle23 Active Member

Why isn't Kiira Korpi in this poll?

4. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Ikr. I don't know if this poll is just for singles or whatever because the OP didn't put much effort into it.

I think Gracie is cute but not "stunningly beautiful" or "drop dead gorgeous" as they say. Honestly, there are waayy prettier girls than Gracie in this sport. Some that come into mind are: Elena Ilinykh, Meryl Davis, Tessa Virtue, Maddison Chock, Sarah Meier (even though she's done competing),i can go on. Most of them are prettier than Kiira too or can give her a run for her money.

I didn't vote because it felt weird, and most of the girls there are decent/not that pretty to me (I'm a girl; just being honest). But it does seem like some people assume blondes are automatically prettier than natural/brunettes. But hey if that's their cup of tea then whatever.

5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

What do we have to do to get Dai's hairdresser to fix Kevin Reynolds' hair?

6. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Kevin's hair is just..:eek::confused: wth is that the best you can do? It falls flat on his face; no volume,wave,flip,curl.

I have a feeling he was inspired by a Japanese/Asian actor. It's popular among guys in Asia. But the difference is, it fits them because of their features. Kevin's hair looks like someone threw him into a haystack and left him in there until he could do a clean program. //I'm so mean:p

7. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

It's quite obvious that this poll is for female single skaters, and, as TheIronLady said, it's actually only for top six ladies at last Worlds plus the returning 2011 World champion.

8. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

My fault, you are correct. I only looked at the first post of the poll; didn't search through pages to find where she said that whoops. She should have included it in her first post though.

9. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

Don't worry, this gives people enough incentive to start a few more with even more specific criteria.

10. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

Worst parents and now most beautiful....

11. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to start one for the pretty ugly skaters, with controlling moms, who could easily beat purple dinosaurs for OGM in 2022, if they skate cleanly.

12. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

What about one for the most beautiful bad parents?

13. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Can we have a poll for most inane FSU posters? :2faced:

14. orientalplane

Sadly no, because you're only allowed 12 names, not 12,000,000.

15. lala

lala Well-Known Member

I like this thread.;) What is the problem with it?:confused: I enjoyed the photos and videos you've shared. No one said, that is better skater who is more pretty! :) But it is an aesthetic sport, the biggest stars appearence is fine, they look good. But who is the prettiest, that is completely a matter of taste.:lol: I still look forward to the photos and videos of your prettiest skaters. :eek:

TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  16. lala

lala Well-Known Member

LOL! Miki Ando is the most prettier!!!! Again! ( what a surprised! if you know....:lol::D ) congrats to her!!!!

17. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Because skating is a sport, not a beauty pageant.

18. orientalplane

Himawari is the prettiest. :)

19. os168

os168 Active Member

Who's the prettier judge? Judy? Gkelly? Aussie Willy?
    Not the ones that judges Men's WC competition maybe, but maybe his name is Dredd.

20. RickInSanJose

RickInSanJose Active Member

Even so, I suspect that judges are swayed by physical attractiveness. For example, I recall that Nancy Kerrigan had her front teeth capped so as to enhance her appearance before the judges. To go through such an expensive procedure would imply that she realized the importance of projecting an image as attractive as possible.

And, all else being equal, if Michelle Kwan and Fred Flintstone were to skate identical routines in identical attire, I suspect that the attractiveness factor would come into play and Michelle would get the nod from the judges.

21. os168

os168 Active Member

Oh... but what if Michelle were wearing Fred Flintstone attire complete with his manly stubbles and manly thighs. Now would she still get a perfect 10 from the judges? Now that is the real question!

22. RickInSanJose

RickInSanJose Active Member

Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!

23. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

And Debi Thomas had plastic surgery on her nose (more than once). But the most beautiful person in the world is not going to be a successful skater if they can't skate well. So to compare skaters on the basis of their physical appearance alone - and very subjectively - just reinforces the very problematic idea that skating is all about appearances.

24. lala

lala Well-Known Member

I don't think. Look at the women tennis players. Kournikova was the prettiest, Sharapova is also beautiful, and many articles, photos showed us their beauty. But everybody knows Serena Williams is the best..

25. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

My vote goes to Brian Joubert. :p:rolleyes:

26. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

I didn't realise Joubert is considered PRETTY!;)

Ironlady, time to run a poll on 'who is the prettiest male skater'.:D

27. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

I think Serena is a beautiful woman...not sure if you're trying to imply she's ugly or that b/c she's not a blonde "bombshell" she wouldn't be considered as pretty.

Again, beauty is subjective. :rolleyes:

28. lala

lala Well-Known Member

I would never say that she is ugly. That isn't my style. :) I agree with you the beauty is very subjective, and in all cultures and at different ages have different beautyideal.

29. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Spikydurian, tell me please about "Anne Holm, I Am David", when the story takes place? and in wich country? I'm from Eastern Europe,but not from Russia( sorry, for the off topic)

30. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Wow, what blasphemy that Kiira is not even mentioned, much less there's not even an "Other" option to make up for such an oversight! And what about Elene Gedevanishvilli, Christina Gao, Ksenia Makarova, Vanessa James, Zijun Li, Mirai Nagasu, Alissa Czisny, et al ... You can tell that the poll maker was feeling pretty entitled or exclusionary or hung over or something when this limited list was concocted!!! FGS, Tanith Belbin is NOT on the list either?!! :duh:

Unless perhaps the poll maker is going to come back with a poll re the most drop dead gorgeous rather than merely the prettiest ... ;)

ETA:

As usual, it's all in the eye of the beholder. IMHO, Kournikova is more sexy than pretty and Sharapova is merely tall and attractive, not necessarily beautiful. Serena Williams and Mae Berenice Meite have a gorgeous statuesque kind of beauty that is often coveted but not usually acknowledged or appreciated by Western culture. Their Amazonian presence some seem to find intimidating.

Jeez, is it because of the off-season that Carolina Kostner doesn't have more votes?! Or perhaps it's that she really belongs in the drop dead gorgeous poll with Tanith, Kiira, and Alissa. And truthfully it's not fair to forget about beauties from back in the day who still have got IT, like Katarina, Dorothy, Kristi, et al. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013