Who is in charge here?? USFSA take charge!!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by robin83, Apr 29, 2010.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

But, don't you know those Angels are legion and two even fly in from Japan and that will certainly be sufficent to cover expenses. Besides, SOI should just suck that extra cost up simply to have the priviledge of having HIM skate in their silly little show because he's REAL. :)
  2. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

Don't forget to add in the "damage control" costs when his unfiltered mouth opens up.
  3. Prancer

Prancer Ray Chill Staff Member

Now that Johnny has said he wouldn't skate with SOI if he were asked, the discussion should really end, don't you think? Unless people think Johnny should somehow be forced to skate with SOI because that's what the fans want.
  4. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

the discussion should really end? Prancer, you're funny. :lol:

It doesn't matter that Johnny doesn't want to skate with SOI, its not about him skating with SOI now, its about the fact that they didn't invite him on in the first place and why! Its either because Johnny is love and SOI are not, or its because Johnny is hate and SOI can't make money off of that. We need to sort this out!
  5. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

This thread is starting to sound like a Spike Lee joint.
    gkelly and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Rainbow

Rainbow Active Member

What still really interests me though is, how anyone would be offended to not be thought of as "family friendly", when they are having dry sex with their foot massager, are humping their aunt, straddling their agent or generally walk around naked on tv. :D

I wouldn`t want to explain this to my five year old, if I had one. It`s worse than going to the zoo and watching the animals mate. :lol:
    Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Nan

Nan Just me

Wait, I thought she was the one in charge! :confused:
  8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Humping his AUNT?? Yipe! Much more of this sort of thing, and he'll be his own grandpa.
  9. Prancer

But the "family friendly" idea, as far as we know, originated with a fan, so I'm not sure why it's an issue.

If I had a five-year-old and concerns like that, I wouldn't let my five-year-old watch Johnny's show. :confused:

There have been SOI numbers I wouldn't especially want to explain to a five-year-old, either, but fortunately, five-year-olds don't really need explanations for skating programs, as they have no context for some of the themes.
  10. Rainbow

Rainbow Active Member

Wasn`t Johnny being quoted in an article as having an issue with the term?
    So my point was, if you would like to appear family friendly, use your foot massager for your feet and don`t straddle your agent. It projects a totally different image.
  11. BlueRidge

But we don't really know that do we?

Here is what GLAAD stated in an email to me:

It seems to me we simply don't know where the "not family friendly" phrase came from.
  12. Prancer

Johnny didn't like the term. But I don't think "family friendly" has anything to do with how little kids perceive things, no matter how many adults like to pretend it does.

GLAAD does nothing to clarify that, either.
  13. Wyliefan

It has to do with what parents see as appropriate for little kids. Close enough for government work.
  14. BlueRidge

That's my point. We simply don't know where the "not family friendly" thing originated. I don't think we know that it came from a fan anymore than we know it came from someone associated in some way with SOI.

We have about as much evidence to attribute it to space aliens as anyone else. :shuffle:
  15. Prancer

As a parent, I don't understand that reasoning at all and it wouldn't cross my mind to stay away from SOI because of what Johnny does or does not do on an obscure reality show my children have never heard of, much less watched.
  16. Wyliefan

I think we're talking about Johnny's image as a whole (aided by what has been referred to earlier in this thread as his lack of a filter). He's very much into this highly charged sexual persona right now. If he were to impulsively decide to bring it onto the ice some night, SOI would have one big fat PR mess on their hands. "No, ma'am, I don't think he meant to make that obscene gesture DIRECTLY at your four year old . . ." etc., etc.

Not that SOI hasn't had some other inappropriate numbers on occasion, as has been mentioned.

But it's all academic, since the "family friendly" thing is, as BlueRidge has pointed out, pretty poorly sourced.
  17. BlueRidge

No, actually now I'm convinced it came from aliens. I read that somewhere. It must be true.
  18. Wyliefan

Even aliens are Johnny haterz! :drama:
  19. Prancer

Johnny has done a lot of things, but making obscene gestures at the audience? :huh:

Not that most four-year-olds would recognize such a gesture anyway, or know who Johnny Weir is, or have the slightest clue what a sexually charged persona is.

Again, it's not the little kids who are disturbed; it's the adults, who like to think they are freaking out because of the kids.

I'd be more disturbed at taking my adolescent children to see SOI and sitting through that lovely "Is She Sleeping With Him? Is He Sleeping With Her?" number that Katia and Ilia and two other skaters did a few years ago. They WOULD understand the theme. And no, I don't think it would inspire them to engage in secret partner swapping; I just think it would make them very uncomfortable to watch that with me.
  20. BlueRidge

Its all right, they aren't love so they don't exist anyway...
  21. Wyliefan

Would you be surprised? Honestly?

As I said, they have done inappropriate stuff in the past, and I do think it makes people uncomfortable, for good reason. And it's not too large a stretch of the imagination to think that Johnny would be pushing the boundaries as hard as he could.

But as I said, it's academic anyway.
  22. BlueRidge

Are you saying that SOI is not family friendly?! :eek:

are you sure you are not an alien?
  23. BlueRidge

In all seriousness (not an easy thing, you know :drama: ), I don't believe Johnny would do anything like that. He's never done anything on ice that would lead me to believe something like that. And I think he has plenty of sense that if he were in SOI or back in COI he would know the boundaries of what is appropriate.
  24. jlai

jlai Title-less

Who is in charge here?? Prancer take charge!! ;)

Now where's the Flexjet?
  25. BlueRidge

An anonymous source, who wishes to be anonymous, told me that Prancer flew the Flexjet to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun...
  26. Autumm_wind

Autumm_wind New Member

Fly me to the Moon,
    with Flexjet free for whole June.
    gkelly and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Nan

Nan Just me

(see signature, please)
  28. Prancer

Honestly, yes, I would.

Pushing boundaries is one thing; pushing them to the degree of making obscene gestures at an audience is way beyond anything I have reason to think Johnny would do.

For one thing, I would be :eek: if SOI didn't have some sort of contractual limits on what skaters can and can't do during shows; they'd be fools not to. And for another, I think Johnny has respect for his audiences, whoever they may be.

Not I :saint:. I'm where I should be all the time, and when I'm not, I'm with some :sekret: who tell me things anonymously.
  29. Nan

Nan Just me

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
  30. BlueRidge

No, Nan, :rolleyes: that's just an illusion.
  31. Nan

Nan Just me

Smoke and mirrors. Nothing but smoke and mirrors.
  32. jlai

jlai Title-less

Now that Prancer has publicly denied the allegation the allegation must be false.
    Who's your source for the nova scotia story?
  33. BlueRidge

The source wishes to remain anonymous. Vain, but anonymous.
  34. jlai

jlai Title-less

Ah the effort is in vain!
  35. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

You're so vain. I bet you think this song is about you.
  36. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

IMO Johnny is no more family unfriendly than Michelle's ta ta's but what he is, is potentially uncontrollable and unfiltered within the media and within the cast/crew. I think SOI decided that having Johnny on tour wasn't worth the potential Tara. Though of course I have no true idea.
  37. BlueRidge

Michelle's tatas are very family friendly. :drama:
  38. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

You hit it right on here, and that's what I meant by my "costs for damage control" remark earlier. They may have just decided he is not worth the cost and risk because of his lack of control, filters, and his great enjoyment in shocking people.
  39. Wyliefan

You beat me to it. :rofl:

The "gesture" thing was hyperbole. I wouldn't be TOTALLY surprised, but at any rate, that's how it was meant. Just my way of saying what others have said better: that lack of filters and so on could be highly problematic.
  40. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Johnny is a simulacrum.

We should ask Zizek to write an essay on Johnny for the London Review of Books.