Who has the best work ethic

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by coppertop1, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

She's a warrior-queen. I think that Yuna could rock a Kill Bill program. I would never cross her.

Kecasyl and justiceforfs like this.
  2. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Joannie Rochette had a fantastic work ethic !

justiceforfs likes this.
  3. justiceforfs

justiceforfs New Member

we have to remember her story at Vancouver. I really root for her.

Kecasyl and satine94 like this.
  4. satine94

satine94 awaiting the scores

I still cry when Joannie and her mom are brought up. Damn it. :fragile:

5. coppertop1

coppertop1 Active Member

That was incredible determination and courage, and yes, she always worked hard to tweak her weaknesses, she fixed her lutz not once but twice. While I always liked her, I really respected her after Vancouver. She would be more than forgiven for withdrawing of if she didn't skate well

I definitely agree with Patrick Chan, he was always looking at ways to raise his game, add quads, improve artistry, etc. He is a perfectionist.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    Kecasyl likes this.
  6. gotoschool

gotoschool Active Member

I heard that Mao had a monk-like work habit and that it was difficult to get her off the ice, but that Coach Sato would force her to practice full out for like 30 minute stretches to focus more instead of just giving it 70 or 80 percent for many hours which was her habit. I don't know how true that is. I have to disagree with you though; I find Mao to be extremely beautiful, and so does the only friend that I have asked.

7. Meoima

Meoima Well-Known Member

To me both of them look cute. I happen to prefer ladies with strong features such as Miki Ando or Shizuka Arakawa. I also prefer looking at Western ladies, too. Both Mao and Yuna look pretty but I find their feauture too small for my preference. Anyways this has nothing to do with their skating.

8. ToFarAwayTimes

ToFarAwayTimes Active Member

The Japanese were not saying Mao is ugly. They were saying she wasn't "sexy" enough. But it's kind of hypocritical, because Japanese have an obsession with "cute" and school girls and the like.

9. HVS

HVS Active Member

Do you really have to compare her with Yuna? Just say she is the most beautiful girl in your eyes, that's enough. So insensitive.

justiceforfs likes this.
  10. gotoschool

gotoschool Active Member

That's why I said I find. I mentioned Kim because so many people say Mao is not as attractive as Kim all the time. I didn't mean any offense, but I can see why you took it that way. I think Kim is attractive too. I shouldn't have mentioned Kim's name. My apologies.

11. HVS

HVS Active Member

Of course fans always find their idol is the most beautiful, the most perfect than anyone else. Just don't compare them with others, espcially with someone who also have so many fans, because it probaly will start a fan-war easily.

gotoschool and justiceforfs like this.
  12. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

To me, someone who insists on pushing themselves past their limits, to the point of injury, is a great example of a poor work ethic.

modern_muslimah and justiceforfs like this.
  13. eternitygoddess

eternitygoddess Active Member

^Not so much poor as it is an unintelligent work ethic.

Efficiency > brute force.

14. Meoima

Meoima Well-Known Member

It's not poor I think, it's just unwise. :scream:

15. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

A great work ethic brings you success and a poor work ethic takes you completely out of the running.

16. Meoima

Meoima Well-Known Member

Lysacek won the OGM you know. And I am nowhere near a fan of his. Still he is an OGM soo...

17. ToFarAwayTimes

You aren't a fan of anyone. You are the anti-fan.

18. coppertop1

coppertop1 Active Member

I would add Todd Eldredge, he was pretty disciplined.

19. Meoima

Meoima Well-Known Member

Wrong, I love John Curry, Midori Ito, Plushy, Ilia Kulik, Yagudin, Lambiel, PChan, Javi, Yuzuru, Yulia... So stop assuming.

satine94 likes this.
  20. ToFarAwayTimes

How can I be assuming? Every one of your posts is "I'm not a fan of [insert skater] but ...."

You also said before that you don't like any of the ladies. Now I know the motivation behind your posts re: Sochi scandal. Just another bandwagon jumper from Julia to Sotnikova :rofl:

coldblades and justiceforfs like this.
  21. Meoima

Meoima Well-Known Member

Lol, I like Midori because she is the most powerful jumper in ladies history. Yulia because she is the best spinner. The rest of the ladies: no.
    End of story. You can go back to your thread and send death threat to Adelina, Mao or anyone I don't care.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  22. ToFarAwayTimes

LOL yeah nobody over here has sent death threats. Another ridiculous post by you.

It's just curious, since you say you don't follow ladies skating at all, that you felt the need to post dozens and dozens of times in threads supporting Adelina on multiple FS forums.

Like I said, you're either a Russiophile or butthurt Yulia bandwagon jumper. Unlike some of us, you couldn't even pick the right Russian! :rofl:

23. coppertop1

coppertop1 Active Member

OK, seriously, can we move on and get back on topic?

Jennifer Robinson who really worked hard to reach the top ten, and be competitive with the other ladies skaters.

paskatefan and justiceforfs like this.
  24. Meoima

Meoima Well-Known Member

Your post just proved how blind you are. Believe me, no one care who you like or dislike. They only notice your bad reaction towards other posters who share no love for your favorite. At least I used my comment to prove my opinion, while you waste your time to attack other poster.

Sorry everyone for being off topic.

25. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

26. justiceforfs

justiceforfs New Member

lahaa968 likes this.
  27. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I would say Gracie has some good work ethic considering she has worked hard to improve on her weaknesses over the last 2-3 years and never took it for granted last season that she was a lock for the Olympic team. She is always in great shape especially now that she's with Frank and come Nationals she didn't simply come to make the team but win.

paskatefan and justiceforfs like this.
  28. Meoima

Meoima Well-Known Member

Well, they are all top skaters, of course most of them have good work ethnic. You can't just reach to the top without hard work.

29. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Of course, but you can work with more regularity. For example, Philippe Candeloro was known to be a bad worker. That is not true, he is a hard worker, but only when he was not at the top. While at top, he had the tendency to work less.
    That's not a good work ethic, IMO.
    And I think Elena Sokolova was also known to have a bad work ethic (and I like her skating). Right ?

Another example, Surya Bonaly worked hours and hours, but I'm not sure we can consider it good work ethic. But she is a hard worker.

30. Meoima

Meoima Well-Known Member

Wait, so work really hard is not good work ethic, huh? :huh: Seriously???