Who are the 3 Most Hated Olympic/World champions on fsu?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vash01, Aug 21, 2012.

?

Who are the 3 most hated world/Olympic champions on fsu?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2012.
  1. Evgeni Plushenko

148 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Miki Ando

43 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Sale & Pelletier

166 vote(s)
    49.8%
  4. Berezhnaya-Sikharulidze

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Michelle Kwan

15 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. Tara Lipinski

72 vote(s)
    21.6%
  7. Sarah Hughes

172 vote(s)
    51.7%
  8. Patrick Chan

105 vote(s)
    31.5%
  9. Alexei Urmanov

25 vote(s)
    7.5%
  10. Oksana Baiul

24 vote(s)
    7.2%
  11. Elvis Stojko

47 vote(s)
    14.1%
  12. Other

43 vote(s)
    12.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fliple Trip

Fliple Trip New Member

Sorry, a poll like that without a real mention of that certain guy who actually thinks he "won" Olympics 2010 is just not valid! :p

2. Skater91

Skater91 New Member

hahaha sorry, I missed her name.

I guess that means she isnt my most hated..... damn thats annoying. :angryfire

3. operagirl

operagirl Active Member

1. Patrick Chan

2. Evan Lysacek

3. Beatrix Shuba (AUS), 1972 OGM. Because of her school figures she bested Karen Magnussen (CAN) and Janet Lynn (USA). You can thank Trixie for the short program.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  4. AnnieBgood

AnnieBgood Active Member

Plushy, S&P, and other - Lysacek

5. yaya124

yaya124 New Member

I misunderstood the question;) My bad:p

OK, then I think Plushenko among the male single skaters must be the No. 1 in this poll:D

6. query5

query5 New Member

not voting, but i like the wording of putting strictly to the boards and skating and not the person of life

7. SkateBlades17

SkateBlades17 New Member

I think someone has been left off that at least someone on here shows VERY strong hate for and that person is Maya Usova!

8. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I don't know what you're talking about; Plushenko is on the poll.

If you mean Lysacek, then I suggest you re-check your stats again. You can't put quotes around 'won' when he did in fact win the OGM.

9. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

"won" was in quotes because you can make the argument that Plushenko lost with doing things anti-COP at the time like doing quads or not backloading.

10. michiruwater

Doesn't matter. Can't put 'won' in quotes when he actually won. And if that's true, then Plushenko's a frakking idiot.

Besides, you can make an argument about that with practically any competition. If Mao hadn't fallen, she could have won. If Sasha hadn't fallen, she could have won. They lost the gold, right? No, they just lost. The other person won. Fair and square.

11. martyross

martyross New Member

brilliant :lol:

12. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Let's revisit Oksana Baiul - In and out of competitive skating faster than a speeding bullet. Controversial win at an Olympic games. Drinking problem. Skin the color of a cheetoh.

Does that make her pitied or hated?

13. Extranjera

Extranjera New Member

Chan, Plushenko and Lysacek

14. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

But he lost. he didn't win. so no one fake won. The only time I can think of where "won" deserves to be in quotes is the 2000 Olympics Ladies Gymnastics competition.

15. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

I still cant get over there is still no Lysacek
    he would have won this by a landslide :mad:

16. Fliple Trip

Fliple Trip New Member

AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!! Lysacek :scream::scream::scream: has to be!!! an official option!!! :p

17. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

Hughes - one of the best moments in Olympic history. Yet people hate her because her career was short and she beat Kwan

Cham - one of the most naturally gifted skaters of all time. Best skatings skills in the world. Some of his jumps have almost perfect technique. yet people hate him because he fell on a simple 2A at worlds and still won.

S/P - probably the most flawless Olympic pair long program in history. Yet people hate them because they originally won silver even though they deserved gold

Ando - one of the most gifted jumpers in all of ladies figure skating. First lady to land a quad. Landed numerous 3lz-3lo 's , probably the hardest combination performed by a lady. Yet people hate her because she isn't the most artistically gifted

Lipinski - one of the best Olympic lp's in ladies figure skating. Landed some of the hardest combinations by a lady. Yet people hate her because she was young and because she beat Kwan

I can understand people hating on people like Plushenko, but for these people I just don't think it is right. Sure they don't have to be you favorite, but don't hate them just because they succeeded over the people u do like

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  18. michiruwater

I voted for Plushenko because of his asshat attitude, not because of his successes.

I mean, you listed Hughes who is a much better definition of what you just said than Plushenko is.

19. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

She ruined the magic with her atrocious skate at worlds the following year, not to mention being placed too high in the olympic short.

You forget the fact that he's a pompous douche

pompous homophobic douches

she basically only has jumps. that's it.

I personally like tara but her family's behavior did her no favors

20. query5

query5 New Member

sarah wasn't hated because she beat michelle, is what because of what the judges overlooked on her mistakes. counted all of michelles and irina's.

bad juding calls hurt both sarah, tara, but also of how reacted afterward, i don't mean when the won, but how carried themselves afterward.
    tara not so bad,
    sarah a bit better.-for me alot better than s/p & plushenko.

we also judge how you win, how you take your win, if you come off as too arrogant etc.
    but mainly it was the bad judging that hurt tara and sarah, or lack of judging regarding them

21. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Tara did not win because of bad judging, but Sarah did.... (too high after the sp). Anyway, it was Kwan´s own fault that she did not win in Nagano, the road was open for her, but she blew it with her tentative performance. IF she had skated the way she did at the Nationals (with abandon and joy), she would have won.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  22. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I am not sure what Sarah Hughes did to be so "hated." Sure, people think her skating was technically flawed, and people thought her coach was annoying. And she defeated Kwan and Slute due to crap judging. But I don't think she has really done any bad mouthing, boasting, strutting, or whining, or made homophobic statements, or stolen anyone's spouse, or drove drunk, or behaved like a snot, or made a nuisance of herself, or been too perky to tolerate.

23. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I think she blew it more in SLC, but let's not go down that road again.

24. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Well, yeah, if you believe those are the reasons people hate these skaters, than no wonder you can't understand.

25. sk8ingcoach

People complain about Tara lipinski because she ended her career right after olympics, but then people complain when Sarah Hughes stays after Olympics. Was the magic of Michelle Kwan ruined by her Olympic performances. Was Yuna Kim's magic lost after she got 2nd at worlds.

In terms of Chan, sure sometimes he can be a douche, but it doesn't neglect the fact that he is the best skater in the world.

And for miki, she must have something more than jumps if she is able to win 2 world championships.

26. flipforsynchro

flipforsynchro New Member

Is Chan's douchiness due to his China and sore loser comments?

27. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

In what parallel universe is 5 years at the top of senior world competition "short"? :eek:
    By that standard, 90% of all skaters had careers that were short. Do we hate them all then? :lol:

28. sk8ingcoach

I hope u realize that I'm agreeing with ???? Did u not read my entire post

29. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Yes. That and his passive-aggressiveness towards Takahashi in the 2010/2011 season (in the beginning).

30. flipforsynchro

flipforsynchro New Member

Ooh, do you have any quotes? Ive never heard of that spectacle, only the other two.