Who are the 3 Most Hated Olympic/World champions on fsu?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vash01, Aug 21, 2012.

?

Who are the 3 most hated world/Olympic champions on fsu?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2012.
  1. Evgeni Plushenko

148 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Miki Ando

43 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Sale & Pelletier

166 vote(s)
    49.8%
  4. Berezhnaya-Sikharulidze

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Michelle Kwan

15 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. Tara Lipinski

72 vote(s)
    21.6%
  7. Sarah Hughes

172 vote(s)
    51.7%
  8. Patrick Chan

105 vote(s)
    31.5%
  9. Alexei Urmanov

25 vote(s)
    7.5%
  10. Oksana Baiul

24 vote(s)
    7.2%
  11. Elvis Stojko

47 vote(s)
    14.1%
  12. Other

43 vote(s)
    12.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I usually stay out of threads about the ladies so I figured it was S/P, Plushenko and Stojko who are often disliked here (not that I necessarily agree). I wouldn't want to be a fan of any of them around here, it can't be much fun. Lysacek should definitely be on the list, more so than Urmanov.

There's video of everyone heading backstage post-warmup and it looks like Hongbo Zhao is giving Sale a very disdainful look. It's pretty hilarious, even if it's just because of the camera angle. She was pretty careless out there on the ice.

2. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

I cant believe Evan wasn't a choice other than "other". I'm no big fan, but the dismissal of his accomplishments on a regular basis on this board is off the hook.

S&P was an easy choice, people here just plain out seem to hate them.

The third was harder IMO, as I think people like Elvis and Hughes aren't so much hated as disregarded, considered not that great etc... But not really hated like s&p and evan are.

3. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Read the question again. Here it is for your benefit. This is a perception poll. Who do you think are the 3 most hated world or Olympic champions on fsu?[/B]

What is poorly structured about it? It's a general impression of fsu (although some posters may just choose whoever they dislike and I am fine with it).

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  4. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Actually Chan could be on both polls. He is either loved or hated. I don't think even the haters don't really hate him; they just want the judges to be fair.

5. unicorn

unicorn Member

Plushenko, Plushenko, Plushenko, obviously the biggest victim of the universe. Lysacek, this guy better never existed.

6. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I think I saw three posts on this matter total, and all of them were disappointed but in no way did they seem to 'hate' Miss Yamaguchi. But I could hardly expect a sane post from you, Frau.

7. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

They don't want judges to be fair, they don't want him to win every competition he enters, lol.

8. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

NO LYSACEK??? :drama: You can't be serious? :drama:

I voted for Chan, Stojko and ... other ... :shuffle:

9. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I was wondering where Lysacek was but then I saw his absence was explained.. I voted for Sale/Pelletier and Elvis Stojko (what else can explain their early exits from the world/Olympic champion Survivor polls, with results-inferior people outlasting them). I also voted for Sarah Hughes third because I've seen a lot of negative stuff about her on here. Baiul or Plushenko, I also considered.

10. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Lysacek had to be here. Not a lot of fans and most celebration of his win was celebration of Plushenko losing. Lysacek with his disgraceful "technical regression is fine and good' was horrible. "No quad? who cares! I do five jumps in a row immediately after the halfway point!" Backloading - give me a break. "jumps at the end of the program" what jumps at the end of the program? When the jumps ended there was over a minute left in the program. But since most of 2010 Olympics saw massive celebration of Plushenko losing he should 1 or 2. 3 seems low.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  11. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:D

I love that people thought I believed that Anton attempted murder in front of 25,000 witnesses. :rofl:

12. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

:respec:

I don't think Lysacek is as hated as Plushenko or Chan, though. People actively rooted against Plush (ABP = Anyone but Plush) so they must have been happy for Lysacek to beat him. And I'm sure if Lysacek came back this season and beat Chan, a lot of people would be happy. I also remember a lot of people in the DWTS thread wuzrobbing Lysacek and hating on Nicole Scherzinger.

13. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I think Plushy is the most hated male skater on fsu. I don't think Chan is anywhere close, because he has a strong fan base here. I don't know about others but if Lysacek beats Chan, I will not be happy, and I am not a Chan fan. (translation: I don't like Lysacek at all, but I can see many positives in Chan)

14. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Yeah, Lysacek is not hated as much as Plushenko or Chan. I mentioned the huge celebratory atmosphere at FSU and joy and happiness when Plushenko lost. Everything that Lysacek did to beat Plushenko was respected and considered right and smart and there was a massive defense of Lysacek when people complained like Stojko for one. People don't even want to call the ISU revisions after Vancouver as a reaction against him winning.

Lots of people love Chan here. I remember 4 or 5 fans of Plushenko and two have been banned since I started here so maybe there are like 2 or 3 now?

15. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I am a big Plushenko fan, so am I just one of 2 or 3 now?:)

16. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Maybe another word could have been used other than "hate". I don't believe in that word and it's pretty harsh. That's just my opinion, however. :)

17. flipforsynchro

flipforsynchro New Member

S/P seem veryyyyyy hated.

18. t.mann

t.mann New Member

Seeing 2012 Euro, all my respect for Plushenko was recovered.

19. martyross

martyross New Member

i guess next steps are Who are the 3 most hated
    world/Olympic silver medalists on fsu?, Who are the 3 most hated
    world/Olympic bronze medalists on fsu?, Who are the 3 most hated
    skaters who never won an Olympic medal on fsu?, Who are the 3 most hated skaters who slept with world/Olympic champions (not on fsu)?

20. The Fly On The Wall

The Fly On The Wall Active Member

Good thing Rachael Flatt never won a Worlds or Olympics.

21. Glacier cat

Glacier cat New Member

Of course Plushenko. He's too strong and great :)

22. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

:lol:
    Irrationality has its special place in creating unpredictability, chaos and wars to prevent over-population and making lives more 'dramatic and interesting'. How else can we create jobs in policing and judging if all living things are rational and peaceful. :p

23. marinela

marinela New Member

Irrationality is a property of mediocre people, who hate anyone who is better than them... :rolleyes: :lynch:

24. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

:respec:

Let's hope it doesn't come to this. Don't want to give anyone food for thought.

25. Skater91

Skater91 New Member

Why isn't Michelle Kwan on the list!?

26. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

You can still vote for him. I did :EVILLE:.

27. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Are you joking? She is on the list (though one could easily argue that she should not be).

28. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Who is the most hated skater on FSU who made it worlds and skated the short program, but did not qualify to skate the long?

29. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I like Plush so I must be the other one. I like the fact that he is an entertainer as well as an athlete. I don't take him as seriously as some people do.

30. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

You're so misunderstood! :rofl: