White House announcement: Kwan Aiming for Sochi 2014!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Frau Muller, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Just in from Reuters wire services:

World and U.S. figure skating champion Michele Kwan, in her first public appearance since her marriage, announced her return to competitive figure skating, with an eye to the 2014 Olympics in Sochi. Speaking from the South Lawn of the White House, as she assisted First Lady Michelle Obama in leading 10,000 children in the annual Easter Egg Roll, Kwan declared, "I feel like I have one more season of competitive skating in me and will Go for the Gold. Thanks to the U.S. gaining that 3rd ladies spot, I am confident that I can nab one of those berths to Sochi!" To demonstrate her readiness, Kwan did 100 jumping jacks, as Mrs. Obama and the Easter Bunny counted. Happy April Fools Day!!!!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    bardtoob and (deleted member) like this.
  2. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

On a serious note, I wish she was honorarily placed on the Team Team (without having to go through nationals) so that she could have another chance to win that gold medal.

3. Eyre

Eyre New Member

Is this April Fools, too?

4. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

What's the Team Team? :confused:

'Fraid so.

5. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

:'( LOL

6. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

IJS going bye bye...Michelle returning to competition...

Come on people! Are you even trying? :lol:

7. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Maybe if she were cloned, eh? The real HOF Michelle Kwan Pell is so over competitive figure skating. It was a lifetime ago, even though it still seems like yesterday to her immeasurable fan base spanning continents and generations.

PURPLE is the word, is the word that you heard
    It's got groove it's got meaning
    PURPLE is the time, is the place is the motion
    PURPLE is the way we are feeling ...

8. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Question: I've probably been living under a rock, but why do people say "purple" in reference to MK? :confused:

9. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

I could be wrong, but I think it might have something to do with 2004 US Nats, when a few Kwan fans brought purple pompoms with which to cheer for the Kween during her Tosca free skate, which had some observers :rolleyes:. Kwan had worn a lilac-colored dress at the autumn cheesefests, but switched to the coral dress for Nationals and Worlds.

10. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

Really? I always thought it was because the Kween likes her purple drank/sizzurp when she's straight thuggin' it Torrance style. :p;)

11. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

The Team Competition Team? As opposed to the Team for individual events.

12. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Isn't purple an unofficial-official color for the gay community (purple teletubby and all that)? The Kween is a long-time gay icon and supporter of gay rights. Also, her husband Pell's family have been a long-time gay rights supporters. Hoorah!