White Collar - USA

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Graceful05, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Graceful05

Graceful05 New Member

Anyone planning to watch White Collar this season? I find myself consistently gravitating to USA, particularly in the summer because I despise reruns, and because my reality television feelers can only take so much.

I've been catching up on Season 1 and the lead actor is just very enticing (and while he's extremely hot in a Tom Welling-esque way, I think it's more than that, haha.) He just has a very engaging look, and both he and the other lead are quite charming. It's quite good.

2. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I will be. My son got me watching it last year. I like the characters a lot. Even Tiffani Thiessen is pretty good in it.

3. Capella

Capella Guest

Love this show! Can't wait for season 2 to begin!

4. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

I'm waiting impatiently for Season 2. Loved Season 1 - it's a classy, well-written show with great characters. The lead is pretty easy on the eyes.

5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I'm ready and waiting! I'm kind of bummed that Lauren will be gone, but at least Peter and Neal will still be there.

6. Orable

Orable Well-Known Member

Love this show, too! It's fun, smart and I lurve the stylization of the sets and costumes. Of course, Matt Bomer is one pretty man and he and Tim Dekay are ADORABLE :D

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  7. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

I'll be watching. :)

8. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

That is too bad. Sounds like Natalie Morales (Lauren) got bumped. I liked the character of Agent Lauren Cruz much more than Agent Diana Lansing from the Pilot episode. I liked Cruz being too smart to fall for Neal more than Lansing's not being interested in guys.

http://www.latina.com/blogs/vivo-po...atalie-morales-parks-and-recreation-hires-her

Glad Morales landed on her feet at Parks & Rec. I might actually take a look at that show.

9. Wyliefan

Finally, someone agrees with me on that! I've liked Morales ever since she starred in The Middleman, and it really bugged me that they didn't give her much to do on this show and all these fans were saying she was boring. It wasn't her fault she was sidelined! She's a good actress when given a chance to be.

And then the producers tried to make it sound like she left voluntarily, although Morales's own Twitter was giving hints that that wasn't the case. :rolleyes: Producers are all the same, if you ask me, no matter how good the show. Full of crap.

I hate that we won't see much of Elizabeth either -- I adore her and Peter together. But obviously that can't be helped.

10. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

When does the new season start?

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Season 2 starts July 13. How come we won't see Elizabeth much anymore?

12. cruisin

Yay! July 13!

13. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

She is beautiful and I love her character.

IIRC, the actress (Tiffani Thiessen) was expecting while filming was underway. The writers didn't include it for Elizabeth, so Tiffani lost out. I'm sure they kept the character in with pillows, camera angles and telephone calls, but she probably didn't have as much screen time as last season.

ETA: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20391517,00.html

14. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Thanks Isk8NYC - it's too bad because (never thought I would say this) but I really like TT on this show and the relationship her character has with her husband. At least she hasn't left completely.

15. Wyliefan

Yes, she was on maternity leave when they started filming season 2. But I'm sure we'll see more of her later in the season.

I like the name Harper for a girl -- it's different but not weird. And it reminds me of Harper Lee of To Kill a Mockingbird fame.

16. cruisin

Or Harper Valley PTA :D

Seriously, though, I like the name too.

Desperado, I was surprised that I liked TT in this, as well. She had always played vixens and sex pots in the past. It's nice to see her play a down to earth, confident woman. It makes her more beautiful, because she's more natural.

17. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

:cheer: for new eps; :( I can't find any mention of the season two premiere on Bravo in Canada. Season one I think we were only a week behind in episodes but Bravo is still running season one reruns for all of July.

18. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

I thought little Harper arrived in May, towards the end of filming so I figured TT would bow out towards the end of the season, missing the finale.

I like the name Harper, too. The best friend on "Wizards of Waverly Place" is named Harper. She's a little eccentric, which makes it more fun.

I like Pete and Elizabeth's relationship and adding Neal in as the doting little brother is fun and interesting, especially since Neal's so suave and sophisticated, like Elizabeth. Pete's regular joe is a nice counterpoint to keep it from becoming too saccharine. It's always charming to see a couple on TV who love each other and are committed to marriage. (Assuming they can pull it off.)

19. Wyliefan

It really is, and they've been doing a great job.

20. Orable

Orable Well-Known Member

I love the Elizabeth-Pete relationship, too :D

21. Graceful05

Graceful05 New Member

I read a Q&A with Tiffani and she was talking about how every marriage needs a Neal to the Elizabeth/Pete. I thought that was cute. It was mainly about how Neal makes Pete a better husband by reminding him of things he should be doing for her. Really love the dynamic between all of them.

It starts July 13th at 9pm (I saw some were asking), but there are already some reviews out I've read and the word is good! It seems to pick up where the finale left off, which is good because I have questions!! I'm very excited :)

22. Wyliefan

That's rather an odd thing to say, because few marriages actually have a con man trailing around making smart remarks. :D However, it works well in this case!

I'm glad it picks up where the finale left off. And I'm convinced that Kate is not dead. Not putting that in spoiler tags because I haven't read anything to that effect -- it's just a feeling.

23. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

I have that feeling too. I don't think we are done with Kate.

24. Capella

Capella Guest

Didn't Peter meet up with Kate in a hotel room in season 1? So we know she's not dead. Although it's been a while since I saw the episodes, so I may be missing some plot points. Hope USA has a marathon (and I hope I haven't missed it).

25. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

He did, but the season ending had Kate and Neal leaving together in a plane. Neal was saying goodbye to Peter when the plane blew up. Kate was supposedly on the plane at the time but I believe she probably got off and it's another scam.

Capella likes this.
  26. Capella

Capella Guest

27. Orable

Orable Well-Known Member

Has anyone been watching this season?

28. cruisin

Absolutely! Love it!

Saturday Night, I was home (I had a fever :(, dental problems). I watched Flight Plan (with Jodie Foster). Matthew Bomer was in it. A very handsome flight attendant.

29. Wyliefan

I haven't had many Tuesday nights free lately, but I've been DVRing them. Need to get caught up.

30. mashenka82

mashenka82 New Member

I kept seeing previews last year and kept wanting to watch, but just never seemed to have the time. Luckily, I managed to watch the premier of Season 2, and then promptly watched all of Season 1 as well. I love this show! I swear, I literally giggle during every episode! It's so very entertaining! I love all the different relationships on the show (Mozzie, Niel, Peter, Elizabeth, etc.) Love the show!