Whistler Tour Operator Slays 100 Huskies; Bodies Discovered.

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rex, May 4, 2011.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Warning: Not for the sensitive.

Unbelievable.

:eek: :fragile:.

I don't know what the laws are for animal cruelty in Canada, but can this tour operator do jail time or even go to trial??

You cannot tell me that they could not find homes for at least some of the dogs....huskies can be used for purposes other than sledding.

2. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Wait, isn't this the same one there was a thread on several months ago? Or is this a new one? (I don't want to click on the link to find out)

3. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this is the same awful story. :(

ETA: Here's the earlier thread.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  4. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I hope it is the same story; would hate to think they did this more than once.
    I did a search and didn't come across anything; maybe I didn't use the right words.

5. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

It is the same story, it's just come back into the news recently because the evil people behind this claimed that they dogs were all old and sick, but the SPCA is retrieving and testing the bodies to prove that untrue so the animal cruelty charges can be harsher. Something like that anyway, I can't get through an entire article to be sure.

6. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:wuzrobbed

7. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

We had to put the family dog to sleep earlier this week, so this is especially :fragile:. Old and/or sick animals know that they're dying, and I think they'd go rather willingly and peacefully. This is just awful.

8. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

You posted in that original thread, Rex. Memory is the first thing to go. ;)

9. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Condolences and hugs, Anita 18.

10. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Thanks. :) I think I'm handling it better than my mom and my sister - in fact we came back home mostly to support my mom! Poor mom, all alone at home right now with no doggie. :fragile:

I'm not sad about doggie though. He was in bad physical shape and I think he knew he was close. He went very quickly and peacefully, and he was surrounded by loving family to send him off. I think it's just awful what happened to the huskies. :wuzrobbed: Dogs will go to the ends of the earth for you (our dog refused to pee in the house even though he couldn't stand and we put down a pad for him - he dragged himself to the door and we held him up outside while he did his business), showing them love until the bitter end is the least you can do.