Which Zhang Will Finish Higher at U.S. Nationals?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Squibble, Nov 15, 2010.

Which Zhang will finish higher at 2011 U.S. Nationals?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2011.
  1. Caroline

30 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Felicia

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Squibble

Squibble New Member

Caroline Zhang is having a rebuilding season and scored in the low 130's on the Grand Prix. Felicia Zhang (no relation) scored a personal best of 123.16 on the JGP back in October and is on the upswing. Who will finish higher at 2011 U.S. Nationals? :watch:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. DannyCurry

DannyCurry Active Member

I'd say Caroline because I'm not sure the judges will give higher PCS to Felicia, but I could be wrong..

3. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Felicia has a killer 3lz! But I guess she only has 3 triples (lutz, toe, sal) maybe I'm wrong and she also has a 3f? Hmm anyways Caroline seems to score higher internationally than nationally and for most skaters that's not the case so things aren't looking great for her as of now.

Who knows though, maybe Caroline could upset and medal at Nats! I tend to think the two girls will probably have similar placements, it's a toss up over who will place higher. I could see them finishing in like 8th and 9th or something like that, likely behind:

Rachael
    Mirai
    Christina
    Ashley
    Agnes
    Yasmin
    Vanessa

and close to (a little ahead or a little behind):

Alissa (depending on which one shows up, if it's the good one she belongs in the above group)
    Amanda
    Kiri
    Samantha
    Alexe (if her evil twin doesn't show up)

The field is going to be pretty deep this year.

4. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Caroline. She would have to really screw up the jumps for Felicia to beat her. Snce the his first US Senior Nats, I'm sort of expecting to see F. Zhang near the middle of the pack.

A little OT, but I'm really looking forward to see how well Vanessa Lam can do here. She impressed majorly in CZE, and she had the highest sectional score.

5. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Lam had the highest score at Pacific Coast Sectionals (148.47), but overall, Czisny had the highest Sectional score (161.45).

6. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

I accidentally voted for Felicia :)o), but I think it will be Caroline, for sure. I agree with Jenna that Felicia will likely finish middle of the pack while Caroline is a better bet for the top 8.

7. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

:eek: I think that was a freudian slip....I just don't consider as one of the skaters who had to qualify from sectionals.

8. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Caroline will probably finish about 7th or 8th. That is probably higher than the other one.

9. mgobluegirl

mgobluegirl Well-Known Member

Additionally, Felicia may be tired from also competing in pairs. And she didn't look too great in the pairs FS with Taylor Toth this weekend at SA :yikes:

I think Caroline will finish higher. Wish she'd take out the Lutz completely for now though.

10. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Agree about the lutz, those on ice split splats are downright skary :eek: !

11. krenseby

krenseby New Member

I was kinda thinking she should have done that at her GP events. A lot of skaters who don't have the lutz down exclude it from their programs for strategic reasons. I wonder why Caroline didn't choose to do that. Had she replaced it with another jump, she would have likely done better in the LP.

Incidentally, I wonder when Carolina Kostner will upgrade her jump content in the LP. I am really curious to see if that's going to happen anytime soon.