Which skaters can beat a clean Yu Na Kim if they also skate cleanly

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Gabybackhand, Apr 22, 2013.

?

Which of these people can beat a clean Kim next year with a clean skate

1. Sotnikova

4.6%
  2. Tuktamysheva

2.1%
  3. Gold

5.4%
  4. Wagner

2.5%
  5. Kostner

38.8%
  6. Asada

32.1%
  7. Murakami

2.1%
  8. Czisny

3.8%
  9. Osmond

1.3%
  10. Suzuki

3.8%
  11. Ando (if she returns)

4.6%
  12. nobody can beat a clean Kim

45.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. karlon

karlon New Member

First, she has not been pushed out of the WC podium, It was interesting that she has only two titles.
    I felt this way.
    When She has superior skating which others can even not touch, it was clear-outed her winning, judges used to give generous score. But when She was similar with other skaters, or makes mistakes a little more than others, when the result is not sure;Yuna and others were so close, judges tend to be a bit harsh to her than other top skaters. I aslo wonder why..

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  2. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

If this is all hypothetical anyway then I believe a clean Ando with 2 triple/triple combos 2axel/3toe/2loop and a landed 4sal attempt that got partial credit all in the last half of the program would stand a chance beating Kim technically but then it would come down to PCS

3. karlon

karlon New Member

4. karlon

karlon New Member

In 2011 World Championships, both have several mistakes,
    In sp, Yuna's PCS was 1 point higher than Ando, In fs, Yuna's PCS was 2 point higher than ando.

when both make a mistake, the gap is not big.
    However, if yuna and ando, both have two clean program, I think that the PCS gap between yuna and ando would big...

5. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

What month are we in now? Almost May? Yup, it’s about time they crawl out after peeping through. Cowards.

One thing I agree though, Ando would be more competitive than Asada. She has way better jumps and flows in her skating, even though she’s not widely praised as a performer. She has far better of a chance to beat Kim, IMO. And she was all out with Arakawa for a psychological attack on Asada just after Vancouver, like the way Suzuki did a while later, with even more strikingly similar outfits shared between them.

Poor Asada..

6. torren

torren New Member

Miki can beat YuNa, of course.
    her PCS was only 3 behind from Yuna at 2011 worlds. Miki is in the same class with Carolina kostner. If both have clean, clean kim will get huge PCS. If both have mistakes, PCS gap will be 2-3, Miki can beat her as well as Mao, Carolina.

I admit clean kim is difficult to beat. but IF kim has same levels mistakes with others, Mao, Carolina, Ando can beat her both TES and PCS.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  7. munow

munow New Member

Ando has some of the worst basic skating skills in top ladies I've seen and won't be receiving the high PCS she was dubiously at that year's 4CCs and Worlds, more than six points higher than she did at the GPF in the same season. It was a total joke.

8. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

While anyone on the list other than Asada and Kim is a trolling option, I still LOL the most at all the Czisny votes. Even moreso if a few of those happen to be serious and not just excited fanboys.

9. torren

torren New Member

In my opinion about 2008 worlds, while I watching kim's program, I felt only "she looks so tired"(I know she had injuried and she had end up FS hard. )
    The score was fair to both Mao and Yuna. And it was rightful that Mao's PCS was higher than kim.

10. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

I think Czisny almost got my vote. Hahahaha. I thought about it, but then I remembered she can't usually land a double axel.

11. judgejudy27

I think all things considered, in an all cleanly skated U.S Nationals right now a clean Czisny would probably place about 5th. At her absolute peak of USFSA support, momentum, skating prowess, confidence, she placed 5th at one of the all time weakest Worlds, skating closer to clean than any of the 3 medalists did.

12. Proustable

Proustable New Member

You think Kostner is a trolling option?

13. judgejudy27

Sorry I meant anyone other than Asada and Kostner.

14. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I picked Asada and Kostner, but in all honesty, I believe that a clean Yu na Kim is unbeatable.

15. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

^^^ Thankyou for saying what most sane people are thinking (except kostner is not trolling )

16. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

I don't think Mao has any chance whatsoever. When was the last time Mao skated clean?? I don't remember. There is no way she will skate clean.

17. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

If God forbid there is war on the Korean peninsula in the next 10 months, will Kim still be able to maintain her composure and skate clean?

18. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Lol! South Korea is at war with north Korea and they send a team to Sochi? because of south koreas military alliance with the us that wouldn't be over quick? north Korea wouldn't even exist anymore!

19. jona

jona New Member

Sheesh ...what kind of tasteless question (hypothetical it may be) is that. You have to ask? You think if your country, whatever it may be, is at war, you or your skater will be worrying about competing at a "skating event"? I know this is a skating forum and all but your question takes the cake in offensiveness. You know people from Korea read this forum too, right?

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  20. karlon

karlon New Member

What did you say?
    It is your wish?

It seems Mao's fans also know she has only possibility if only korean war happen,
    There's a opportunity to get a gold medal for mao, Isn't it? :angryfire

21. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

^^^
    THIS!

22. torren

torren New Member

Non-clean kim is not unbeatable.

Mao had taken back her consistency.
    She just need to skate with fewer mistakes than kim.

23. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

I think this thread will last until three of them retire after Sochi.

TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  24. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

NKor will eye Japan after Sokor. *sarcasm*. :rolleyes:

25. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

I meant it very tongue-in-cheek. This thread has gone on a while now, and I just wanted to mischievously point out that hypothetical arguments can get out of hand. I understand people like to predict. There is great discussion here, but this is almost a year away. Some proclamations have sounded too certain to my ears. There are factors that we may not be able to account for yet. I sincerely apologize to anyone who took offense. I would not have posted that again in hindsight. Conflict is not funny, and I apologize for not making my point in a tasteful way.

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  26. judgejudy27

Mao has taken back her consistency, LOL! So is her new standard only 4 (sometimes 3) clean triples per LP then, as that is all she did in nearly all her performances this year.

27. karlon

karlon New Member

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  28. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

N/M.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  29. chanunderrated

chanunderrated Member

Dont know why anyone is voting for Sotnikova or Gold. Sotnikova isnt better than Kim in any aspect of skating at this point. Gold is a newbie with weak presentation. Of this list those are almost the last two who might beat a clean Kim.