Which skater(s) have the most loyal fanbase? Their skater/deity can do no wrong. :P

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by museksk8r, Nov 26, 2013.

Which skater(s) have the most loyal fanbase? Their skater/deity can do no wrong. :P

1. Mao Asada

14.9%
  2. Jason Brown

4.0%
  3. Patrick Chan

10.8%
  4. Davis/White

9.6%
  5. Gracie Gold

2.0%
  6. Yu-Na Kim

36.1%
  7. Michelle Kwan

38.2%
  8. Evan Lysacek

1.6%
  9. Mirai Nagasu

11.2%
  10. Evgeni Plushenko

17.7%
  11. Virtue/Moir

37.8%
  12. Johnny Weir

8.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. fscric

fscric Active Member

Apart from Gracie Gold and Mirai Nagasu, all others listed have very loyal fanbase. Takahashi definitely should have been in the list.

2. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't get Gold's inclusion or Nagasu's either. I've ventured into threads about both girls. Frankly, Gold doesn't have many vocal supporters at all in her threads. Nagasu has many fans but they come across as quite realistic and pragmatic about her performances.

3. halffull

halffull The most wonderful time of the year :)

:lol::p:lol:

4. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

:duh: Forgot about Yagudin!

5. lala

lala Well-Known Member

:respec::respec::respec:

6. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

I didn't want to leave Evan with no votes. :shuffle:

:drama:

Is Irina really pregnant again? :eek: It's about time; she hasn't borned a baby for at least a week. :p :lol:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  7. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Michelle Kwan, Yu Na Kim, and Virtue & Moir definitely sweep the podium here. Although a few select Mao Asada fans are perhaps the worst I have ever seen, but they are such a small number I couldnt vote for her (and anyway the question wasnt bad fans, it was just devoted, which is different).

8. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I agree. I made an observation about her use of the music (it wasn't as much as I would have liked to have seen but it was her first outing with the program) and got heavily questioned in very ractist overtones if I was Asian or not.

9. t.mann

t.mann New Member

Some Davis/White fans seem to be getting ugly nowadays.
    Despite not being a VM fan myself(like them lukewarmly), I sometimes am hurt by DW fans' harsh comments. lol.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  10. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

I voted for all of them since I like them all and couldn't make up my mind who to choose. :D

11. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

I adore D/W and feel it's a responsibility of their true fans to be gracious and complimentary to all other competitors. I am so sorry to hear this-PM me with which messages this happened on so I can experience this-not that I don't believe you-I do! All I can say is....shame! Of course, there is a lot to be said for interpretation by the individual reader, and sometimes a message written with one tone of voice can be interpreted in another tone by the reader.

I think those who are offensive are just extremely self-involved for personal reasons and need a good psychologist. Then there are so many of the uber fans who aren't really obnoxious or ugly-they're just so darned persistent. I try to avoid them but there's nothing wrong with being an uber as long as one is simply cheerleading and not undermining or unfairly criticizing the competition.

Not that I have EVER had an ugly thought about a specific skater, team....etc. Oh not...not moi! hahahahaha I really do try to keep it under control.

Here's a poll:

How many of you have written a scathing diatribe (about anything on this board) and then erased it? (Hands are raised...)

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. watchthis!!

watchthis!! Active Member

Y'all are a bunch of stupidheads.

:p

:slinkaway

13. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Raise hands. I confess I have never erased anything I wrote on boards nor have I sent #$% messages to anyone.:D:p;)

14. aglee

aglee New Member

Of current skaters the most die-hard fandoms are probably D/W, V/M, and Yuna Kim. This makes sense because these skaters perform at such a consistent and high level whenever they compete that the fans feelings are generally justified.

But the Hall of Fame die-hard fandom belongs to Kwan.

15. rustyskater

rustyskater Active Member

I agree. MK can do no wrong as a figure skater and potentially as the future first lady of the State of Rhode Island! Yay!

16. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

This Yagudin "uber" was desperately rooting for Plushenko, when he entered the ice for LP in Vancouver ... :drama:

As for the question, no one will ever beat those big fat halos Kwawn and Kim are walking around with ... :shuffle:

17. duane

duane New Member

Since 2002, I haven't followed figure skating like I once did, so am unaware of how "devoted" skating fans are of skaters post that year. So my vote clearly goes to Michelle Kwan. I would have also voted for Yagudin if he were in the poll.

18. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

:2faced::blah::shuffle::slinkaway

19. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Anyone want to reconsider their choices based on skating's most recent :drama: filled escapades?

20. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

I love how you left a couple of your favorites off the poll. Sneaky yes, but clever, not quite. ;)

21. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Oh please, this poll was started in November 2013. Or are you feeling a bit guilty
    :rolleyes:

22. justAfsfan

justAfsfan Member

Yuna Kim, 100% sure! Seeing all famous video of her rival in youtube will got at least 1000 dislike!

23. irinayunafanatc

irinayunafanatc Member

Yu Na Kim fans are very reasonable and fair.

Kwan fans were awful and crazy when she competed but since her retirement she seems to have mostly really good fans. I wonder if they are the same people are mellowed with her retirement, or they are the good fans who always existed and were just overshadowed by the crazies when she used to compete, who now retired from skating with Kwan's retirement as they were never skating fans to begin with.

Virtue & Moir and Davis & White seem to both have crazy fans that attack each other and insult the other team non stop. Which is horrible since they are two of the very best teams ever and even fans of the opposing team should appreciate that but dont. I wonder if like Kwan the crazies will be gone after this year when both are gone and we will see the good fans of them emerge.

Asada fans are crazy and very bitter about her rivalry with Kim despite that she has had her share of success, won her share of big titles, and beaten Kim many times. Yet they still come across as very angry and jaded.

So I voted Asada, Virtue & Moir, and Davis & White. 10 years ago I would have voted Kwan also but not now.

24. watchthis!!

watchthis!! Active Member

Kwanatics scare me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yikes: :scream:

25. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

After reading threads for the last month, can I change my vote to Mirai?????? :scream::wall::drama:

26. HVS

HVS Active Member

It's Yuna for sure. She has the biggest fanbase among the skaters because not only FS's fans love her but also ENTIRE her country. When Yuna competed in Croatia last month, about 2000 loyal fans followed her to there. For the first time of 50 years, over 6000 seats at Zagreb ice rink were filled, so impressive

27. tetana

tetana New Member

Well, as a fan of Yu-na, Plush and MK, I have to admit I am quite loyal to them. :shuffle: Then, I voted for MK, Yu-na and Plush.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  28. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

Virtue&Moir fans come from more countries than Yu Na's. At leat that is how I see it. Especially since they have huge fan base and Europe and RUssia - traditionally ice dance turf and their own teams.

Kwan is the queen in my opinion :D

As impressive as Yu Na conquest of Zagreb was, Dom Sportova rink was very well filled during Golden Spin in late 70s and up till mid 80s when there were domestic competitors (like Sanda Dubravcic) and major international skating starts competing.

29. ponta1

ponta1 Active Member

Both have their fair share of fanatics--SOME of Yuna's fans are reasonable and fair; I wouldn't say they all are. In fact, I quit going to the Yuna Kim Forum because the fans there are way too extreme.

30. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

:EVILLE:BOO!:EVILLE:

Did I scare you? :2faced: