Which skater(s) have the most loyal fanbase? Their skater/deity can do no wrong. :P

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by museksk8r, Nov 26, 2013.

Which skater(s) have the most loyal fanbase? Their skater/deity can do no wrong. :P

1. Mao Asada

14.9%
  2. Jason Brown

4.0%
  3. Patrick Chan

10.8%
  4. Davis/White

9.6%
  5. Gracie Gold

2.0%
  6. Yu-Na Kim

36.1%
  7. Michelle Kwan

38.2%
  8. Evan Lysacek

1.6%
  9. Mirai Nagasu

11.2%
  10. Evgeni Plushenko

17.7%
  11. Virtue/Moir

37.8%
  12. Johnny Weir

8.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Which skater(s) have the most loyal fanbase? Their skater/deity can do no wrong. :p

Choices:

Mao Asada

Jason Brown

Patrick Chan

Davis/White

Gracie Gold

Yu-Na Kim

Michelle Kwan

Evan Lysacek

Mirai Nagasu

Evgeni Plushenko

Virtue/Moir

Johnny Weir

Other, please state who.

2. misskarne

misskarne #408

But Jason can do no wrong! How dare you! :p :drama:

3. museksk8r

I know, I love Jason too! :D :p

4. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

I ventured into the V/M thread recently and it's safe to say their fan base is straight up crazy; insane is more like it. V/M are gods with no rival.. I made it thru two pages and I was done. So V/M by a mile..

5. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

Yuna and Mao. :D

6. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Went with Plushenko, although I've been following the thread where V/M ubers have been thrashing others for not being like minded....But uber doesn't necessarily denote evil or crazy, just extreme enthusiasm, and we all know that Plushy is a god who walks on water....so. (Where's the eye-rolling icon???)

7. theshrew

theshrew New Member

It's a pity Yagudin is not in the poll. His fans are the epitome of hypocrisy: don't miss any occasion to criticize Plushenko on lack of transitions, two-feet skating, simple spins,simple footwork, posing, empty programs yet their God (who obviously had the same shortcomings) can do no wrong and is the best skater ever...

8. rustyskater

rustyskater Active Member

Some VM fans are full of vitriol, disguised as loyalty. I can name a few but won't. They know who they are. Bullies.

9. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

Plushenko is Perfect. Everyone knows that and if they don't they are so soooo wrong !;-)

10. froh1981

froh1981 New Member

Yuna Kim.
    Her loyal fans in Korea are really buying stuff that she endorses.

11. Dolore

Dolore Member

Is it really necessary to start a poll that has the only purpose to insult others ? Especially because one shouldn't judge a whole group of people by the behaviour of few. The are always some more vivid people but that doesn't mean the entire fanbase is like this. Everybody jumps on the VM fans now even though they are usually the first that point out what they don't like about VM.

12. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I do believe, right now, V-M have a loyal fan base. As Dolore mentioned, there are different types of fans just as there are different types of people. Not everyone behaves the same way. I recently watched a video of V-M with their Russian and Ukrainian fans in Paris and it was actually amazing what these guys came up with, it reminded me of the Yu-Na fans in how creative they are. So, yeah, I'd right now it's them.

13. volunteer

volunteer Member

Wow. Does it make you feel good to bash a whole fanbase?

14. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

What makes you think anyone who criticizes Plushenko must be a Yagudin fan? I mean, we are 15 years out from when any of that mattered. IMO lots of other folks (like Lysacek fans 4 years ago or like me, who has not been a fan of any particular make since Kulik) would make similar criticisms of Plushenko.

I think the Yu Na fans are most adoring, but Plushy and V/M ubers the most blindly devoted. I agree with those who find the most obsessive of the V-M fans who post here positively scary.

15. eurodance2001

Yes, I feel great thanks.. I was answering the question and giving my experience.

16. eurodance2001

Thank you Susan M.. You summed me up perfectly..

17. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

This poll won't start drama at all :watch:.

18. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

:lol: orientalplane, you HATER! :D

19. museksk8r

;) :blah: :2faced: :watch: :drama: :p :shuffle: :slinkaway

20. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

There are a few among D/W fans as well. Sorry.

21. museksk8r

:respec: Hehe, no one can deny le perfecto Plushenko.

22. museksk8r

I must admit I guess I was somewhat oblivious to the drama that exists between V/M and D/W fans as I don't typically venture into threads designated specifically towards the two teams and their fans. As someone who likes and respects both teams (with a preference towards V/M based on Carmen last season and their programs this season), it's a little sad to see some of their fans engage in such flaming fan wars. After all, they are from the same training base and came up in the sport as friendly rivals. This Olympic season it seems to have snowballed into SKAREY Kim/Asada proportions. Any second I expect to see youtube videos with the headings, "Meryl Davis is hated by other skaters" or "Scott Moir can piss off!" :lynch::yikes:

23. misskarne

misskarne #408

museksk8r, whatever you do, don't stumble across the sekret baby idiots. They are actually terrifying, all convinced that V/M are actually married and that - without a shred of proof - Tessa had their baby a few years ago. It is seriously traumatising stuff.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  24. museksk8r

:rollin: Wait, but I heard that Irina Slutskaya is pregnant yet again, but with Tessa & Scott's baby as Virtue cannot have children. BUTT, will the birth mother be willing to part with mini Moir? :drama:

25. museksk8r

orientalplane, love how you took everyone's name. :rofl::respec:

26. museksk8r

This in all honesty is not my intent at all for starting this poll thread. If anything, I was hoping that we could poke fun at each other over how really ridiculous some of the fan wars are. I really don't take any of it that seriously, but it's usually fun to get an eye and ear full of people who do. There's nothing wrong with passion and loyalty until it crosses that sketchy, shady line that I know all of us has seen before browsing through online skating forums.

I totally agree with you. :)

27. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I voted for Chan, Plushenko, Brown, Kim, Kwan, Weir, and V/M

I uber two of those, enthusiastic about one, mildly positive on another, neutral on two, mixed on the final one, fwiw.

28. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

I commented, but didn't vote, so I had to vote to figure out what you were talking about! So much for staying out of it.

29. skatingguy

skatingguy Active Member

I voted Asada but I think the obvious choice was Takahashi - the Japanese fans go absolutely wild for him and it wouldn't matter to them if he spent the entire time making snow angels at centre ice or landing perfect quads.

30. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

I don't think any fans can match the lovefest awarded to Kwan, from her ubers. :)