Which singles male skater would you LIKE to see win the OGM in Sochi?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vash01, Sep 23, 2013.

Which male skater (singles) would you Like to see win OGM in 2014?

This poll will close on Feb 5, 2015 at 4:15 PM.
  1. Chan

70 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Takahashi

85 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. Fernandez

25 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Hanyu

15 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. Plushenko

13 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. Ten

15 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. Kozuka

13 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. Reynolds

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. Abbott

23 vote(s)
    8.5%
  10. Other

10 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Triple Axel

Triple Axel New Member

THIS. Especially since people are throwing the 'old' card around when talking about Lysacek and Weir! Plushenko is geriatric by those standards..and I hope he's in top form, enough to clean up the ice with the others. If Chan skates CLEAN, I hope he does well. If he does NOT, I hope he is not given inflated scores and rewarded for really bad skating. Used to be, you almost HAD to skate clean to win an OGM. Now, you can Zamboni and still walk away with the top prize in international competitions.
    Failing Plushenko being strong enough to make the Russian team (If he can crawl, he will be there..the man is a TANK!) I want Gachinski to at least medal. Seriously. I want him to skate out of his skin this season, and if Plushenko cannot go, I want Artur as Russia's guy. And I want him on the podium. On TOP.

I also would love to see Florent Amodio do well, simply because he's working with Alexei Yagudin, and I think he can DO this. He was precious at Euros in 2011.

Bronze is up for grabs. Let's give it to Jeremy Abbott, just because he's a sweetheart of a guy.

2. Triple Axel

Triple Axel New Member

No, he doesn't have a Olympic Bronze...

What he does have is SILVER...GOLD.....SILVER...... IS ANYONE ELSE SEEING A PATTERN HERE???? How incredible would it be for a skater of THIS era (of quads that take a serious toll on your body, and THIS guy has been doing them fairly consistently since he was a teenager!) to medal in FOUR Olympic Games?? I don't even know of another skater besides the man that is Plushenko that has even TRIED. I know Yagudin would have, but his body betrayed him..assisted by years of pounding an already malformed hip with those quads-and landing them consistently).

For Plushenko, even making it to the Sochi games, if he is able, would be amazing. A win would be profound.

3. kuzytalent

kuzytalent Active Member

Among this list, purely in terms of liking it to happen:

1. Takahashi
    2. Abbott
    3. Kozuka
    4. Fernandez
    5. Ten
    6. Hanyu

7. Plushenko (I am already past the happy stage)

8. Chan

9. Reynolds.

4. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

That would be AMAZING!!! :rofl: :watch: