Which singles male skater would you LIKE to see win the OGM in Sochi?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vash01, Sep 23, 2013.

?

Which male skater (singles) would you Like to see win OGM in 2014?

This poll will close on Feb 5, 2015 at 4:15 PM.
  1. Chan

70 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Takahashi

85 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. Fernandez

25 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Hanyu

15 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. Plushenko

13 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. Ten

15 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. Kozuka

13 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. Reynolds

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. Abbott

23 vote(s)
    8.5%
  10. Other

10 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Oda!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

I have many favorites for Sochi but I've voted for Plushenko. I also support Chan, Daisuke & Javier. :cheer2::40beers:

3. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Daisuke without a doubt.

4. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

I voted for my main man, Dai of course.

As a long time figure skating fan my preferences don't always work out so
    I have learned over the years to appreciate all of the players in the game and
    what they put out on the ice. The men's field is amazing and I am sure we will
    have some surprises in Sochi.

GO Dai! :cheer2:

5. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

I'm not. At all. Even though there are some wonderful competitors in the men's field - any one of whom can take home the gold - Takahashi charms the world, on the ice as well as off. That's my take.

6. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Adam Rippon win it. However, at this point, I'd be happy if he makes it onto the team...it's a long shot.

7. lala

lala Well-Known Member

I no wonder..I would be surprised, if he gets more votes. This isn't his peak time, plus his fans aren't on FSU. You know it, he is underrated in this forum. His fans are in real life, among those who signed a petition after Vancouver. Two weeks and they were more than 6000,( D. Ten got less than 1000) and the majority of them were non-Russians, they wanted to revision of the result...I think, that was sended to ISU, and there were people who wrote letters directly to the ISU, with similar goals. His fans don't vote here, but will go to Budapest, and Sochi from Peru, Brasilia, Mexico, China,Greece, Japan and yes, from US and Canada. I know. Don't you think he couldn't prepare for the last battles, if he doesn't know what huge support base is in the background?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  8. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

:rofl:
    He is overrated in the real life :D

9. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

How? Three Olympic medals- one gold, 2 silver, and 3 world championships- that's hardly overrated. He earned those medals with hard work, dedication, natural talent, and sacrifices.

10. lala

lala Well-Known Member

You would like to see..:p Do you think, twenty or thirty years from now someone will remember what you were thinking about him in this forum? Nobody. If someone is going to look at the history of figure skating will see an incredible skater, who was unbeatable for a long time with perfect skatings, who had an amazing long career steadily on the top, 15 to 30 (maybe 31) years of age.
    Memorable results and the love of people...who needs more???

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  11. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

Pipe dream podium would be any order of Kevin Reynolds, Denis Ten, and Adam Rippon. :p Realistically, I would love to see Ten win, as I absolutely love his skating and those sky high triple axels blow me away.

12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I would love the following podium:
    1. Takahashi - Because, as someone said above, he is sublime.
    2. Abbott - To finally fulfill his potential on the big stage.
    3. Chan - Because he is too good not to medal. BUT I want him low enough on the podium to deflate his ego a little. Humble pie will be good for his future well-being. :}

13. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

At this time Plushenko winning a gold or even silver is a pipe dream, but I will dream anyway.

14. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

As far as I know Olympics are a real competition, so Plushenko could have a chance to medal, if health allows him. :)

15. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Max Aaron, Jeremy Abbott, and Kevin Van Der Perren, just to sit back and watch the carnage on the board :p :EVILLE:.

16. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I love too many men to root fully for Plushenko, but I hope he captains the Russian team to a bronze medal (or silver, but he doesn't have an Olympic bronze yet, and I like complete sets)

17. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

1. Super Javi!!!
    2. Daisuke!
    3. Denis Ten, Patrick Chan (fair judging), or Max Aaron

I want Fernandez to win gold. Daisuke had his chance and did fairly well last Olympic games. However, I wouldn't mind seeing him move up a rank and take silver going into retirement. Patrick Chan or Max Aaron for 3rd. No other comment there. :lol:

18. Andrushka

Andrushka New Member

Not Chan,other than that,I don't know.

19. nicecardshark

nicecardshark Member

Such an amazing field of men. So much talent out there. We're lucky we get to see it all.

When I see, especially in person, the likes of Dai and Patrick, and when they're on the top of their game, I think I could just sit in the stands for hours watching their sublime skating.

I think a few of you voted for who you think will win, rather than who do you want to win.

Although I could have gone many ways in this poll, I cast my vote for Jeremy. A little bt of nationalism. Plus I tend to root for the underdog :)

20. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

I would LIKE to see Brian Joubert win the gold medal :)

21. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I voted for Dennis Ten. Can only imagine what that might mean to his home country :)

22. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

Plushy, of course, but if he can't, Aaron.

If only for the explosion of angst all over the internet...

23. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

I would love for Daisuke to win, but if he cannot, I would be happy with Javier winning gold and Daisuke getting the silver. I imagine Daisuke would be pleased with that too; I doubt that he's seriously expecting to win. Patrick will be on the podium somewhere unless he breaks his leg or something similar, while sadly I cannot really see Jeremy overcoming his anxiety to the extent that he skates clean or makes only a minor mistake or two. He seems a highly strung sort of man, and I don't like the way the phrase "being mentally tough" is thrown around as if you can control your nervousness if only you try. Some people are naturally more uneasy and tense than others, and it may be that all the psychological work a skater does cannot change his or her approach to competing before an audience.

24. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Anyone but Chan unless he actually deserves it for a change. If he gets the Gold medal with a performance like at Worlds then stick a fork in figure skating it's done for good.

25. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

What I would LIKE is that the truly best SKATES/performances, win Olympic medals. I would like for this to NOT confuse the general public - and thus risk further turning off casual fans from having ANY interest the sport. Olympic medals awarded to confusingly poor performances would only further erode credibility.

26. Li'Kitsu

Li'Kitsu Member

I have like... no idea :lol:
    No, really, I'd need multiple gold, silver and bronze medals to have everyone rewarded who I'd like to reward. Daiskue needs no explanation, he's absolutly breathtaking and it would be such a great end to his great career. While I'm not exactly a Patrick fan I still like him enough to want him on that podium - he's got the talent, and he's been the dominating skater this last quad with such high expactions on him, how awful would it be to be loosing out exactly at the most important event? Javier is like my european homeboy, he's so charming and his 4S in the second half of the FS always amazes me. Yuzuru is still so young - he'd be one of the youngest winners ever, I think. Plus, I love him. Taka needs to kick some jugdes a** for always being underscored and make some funny faces at them from the top of the podium. And of course Plush - he could bring the house down like nobody else in russia, and a happy crowd is always great to see! (Plus, he and Daisuke were robbed in 2010 me thinks, so...)

And that's not even everyone, there are still others like Nobu, Jeremy, Jason, Brian...

27. falling_dance

falling_dance Bravo, Patrick.

This is the podium I'd like to see:

1. Chan
    2. Takahashi
    3. Kozuka or Ten

28. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

I voted for Ten because how awesome would it be for Kazakhstan to win a gold medal in figure skating?

29. itoaxel

itoaxel Member

The funny thing is Chan is 2nd highest on this poll, yet if there was another poll who people would least like to see win he would probably be 1st or 2nd on that poll too. I voted for Fernandez, but I would have voted for Abbott if it were halfway realistic.

30. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Haven't voted yet. Probably Javi or D10 for the win because they are likable. If I was guaranteed a clean Chan, then he would get my vote.