Which of these young skaters is most likely to medal at the 2013 worlds?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vash01, Jan 27, 2013.

Which of these young skaters is most likely to win a medal at the 2013 worlds?

Poll closed May 7, 2013.
  1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (Russia)

42.6%
  2. Gracie Gold (USA)

9.8%
  3. Kaetlyn Osmond (Canada)

18.0%
  4. Adelina Sotnikova (Russia)

27.9%
  5. Li Zijun (China)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (Specity)

1.6%
  1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

It seems at the recent nationals, some new stars were born, or they justified the hype about them. Which one is most likely to win a medal at the 2013 worlds?

2. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

I think Tuk has the best mental game overall at this point. She is also a well-rounded skater compared to some of the others. She has a very good performance quality when she's on as does Sokolova and even Osmond. Skaters like Gold are a work in progress performance-wise. I just don't see Gracie's juniorish choreo with the marching steps beating the more sophisticated programs of the others if all are at their best.

3. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

duplicate post

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  4. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

Tuk, Sot, and GG are all in with a chance of a medal. Zijun and Osmond have an outside chance of the top 10

5. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I think Kaetlyn's obvious joy in her programmes shines through. She appears fearless when she skates. In the 2 international events this season she beat everyone, and certainly beat Elizaveta quite convincingly at Skate Canada.

6. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I think what hurts Kaitlyn is that she does not have a 3Lz (or a 3Lo, if I'm remembering correctly). I think she's far more likely to skate clean than any others here, but her potential to score high is lower.

If Sotnikova skates clean, I think she is the best of all of them, but that is a tough ask.

7. Proustable

Proustable New Member

She flutzes but goes for one in her long (though it isn't always called). She doesn't do the loop at all, though.

8. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

I think Sotnikova has the best chance when all are at their best, but Tuktamysheva is the most consistent of the group so she would be more likely IMO. I can't help shaking the feeling that Osmond is going to medal though. Worlds are in Canada and I was pretty shocked at how much she improved between Skate Canada and Canadian Nationals. I find myself much less :rofl: at her scoring like I was at Skate Canada and more ":wideeyes: she's damn good!" the more that I see her, she is improving extremely fast..

It's great to see so many new faces in ladies skating, and also at the same time have some unpredictability on where they could all fit into the mix come March. One year before the Olympics. We haven't had a generation clash this exciting in ladies skating maybe ever?

9. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

First of all I highly doubt any of those girls will win a medal at the 2013 Worlds. I think the podium will most likely be Kim gold, Kostner silver, Asada bronze, with Wagner possibly slipping in for silver or bronze. That said I would give Tuktamysheva the best chance due to her combination of scoring potential and consistency. If it wasnt for an unusual bad short program she would probably be the European Champion now. Sotnikova has the scoring potential but not the consistency, her Europeans was a miracle of sorts for her, and even there she lost to Kostner and would have lost to Elizaveta had she done a better short. Osmond I would give the second best chance mostly since Worlds is in Canada. Sotnikova third best chance only since I cant see Gold medaling at Worlds this year, her