Which of these cool dudes was the grooviest?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Maofan7, Jun 13, 2012.

Which of these cool dudes was the grooviest?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2012.
  1. Bob Dylan

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Nick Drake

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Donovan

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Maofan7

Maofan7 Retired From FSU (Work Commitments)

They were at their height long before I was born. But I think their music was better than a lot of the stuff that's around today. I was reminded of them yesterday, as they were amongst my Dads favourite singer/songwriters and he used to play their records all the time. Yesterday was his birthday (the 12th June - same as Anne Frank!), but alas he passed away 12 years ago - much missed. Hence, this thread is dedicated to him.

Bob Dylan

Mr. Tambourine Man

All Along The Watchtower

Nick Drake

Northern Sky

Hazey Jane 1

Donovan

Catch The Wind

Jennifer Juniper

2. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

You really love polls.

3. taf2002

taf2002 I have purple Peeps & I'm not afraid to use them

I lived thru that era but I don't remember Nick Drake. I googled him but I have never heard any of his songs. And his history is very dark, not groovy in the least. Donovan was a minor part of the British Invasion & he had a couple of hits but I don't remember him making much of an impression on pop culture. I personally never thought about him being cool or groovy. I only like one of his songs-Catch The Wind, & I've heard covers of it that I think are done better.

Bob Dylan fits this thread very well...he was definitely cool. But I wasn't a huge fan...his voice was kind of irritating to me. And there were so many music giants during his peak - I really couldn't vote on who was the coolest or the grooviest.

But I think it's sweet of you to listen to this music as a rememberance of your dad. My dad loved Mitch Miller (I'm sure you have no idea who that is) so I always think of my dad if someone mentions him.

4. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Dylan by farrrrrr! And also because he was Steve Jobs fave. :shuffle:

5. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

I voted for Dylan, but Leonard Cohen beats them all! :cool:

6. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member