Which ladies will medal at Euros (and will it be a beauty contest) ?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pinky166, Dec 4, 2010.

Which Ladies will Medal at Euros?

1. Kiira Korpi

112 vote(s)
    91.1%
  2. Laura Lepisto

61 vote(s)
    49.6%
  3. Carolina Kostner

98 vote(s)
    79.7%
  4. Elene Gedevanishvilli

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Sarah Meier

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Ksenia Makarova

55 vote(s)
    44.7%
  7. Alena Leonova

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Sofia Biryukova

5 vote(s)
    4.1%
  9. Ira Vannut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Sonia Lafuente

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Mae Berenice Meite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Other

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. eleonorad

eleonorad Active Member

Kostner must undergo surgery for a nodule in the left knee but she wants to wait the end of the season. In the meanwhile, she can't always train regurarly and cannot train flip and lutz. She will keep the easier jump layout this season. She's facing the pain day by day (right now isn't even 100 % sure to compete at nationals right after gpf) so it's not easy to say in which conditions she will compete at Euros.
    And with Lepisto being injured too and still recovering, it's very difficult to say if these two will compete for the gold as usual. Maybe not. Anyway Korpi should control her nerves, this time she has a real chance for the first place. The Russians should better be well prepared, too.

2. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Lepisto just pulled out of Finnish nationals....this may mean we won't see her at Euros as it seems the recovery is taking a longg time. This is just increasing Kiira's chances to win the European title if she can keep it together.

Also, anyone know how Sarah Meier is doing? I know she pulled out of her GP events due to injury but I don't know if she plans to compete at Euros.

3. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Gee, I really hope Korpi is not the best that Europe can offer. I'll take Lepiso or Kostner over her anyday. Her skating is just so ordinary.

4. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but she's a goddess with great edges and we all know how much that counts for these days :lol:

5. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

If that's how you (and others who posted the same, I just quoted two) feel I have to wonder what you're doing in this thread spoiling the interest of others.