Which foreign skaters do Russian fans like?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by olympic, Nov 18, 2010.

1. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Holy cow, it says Johnny has accepted the role of the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland On Ice which will take place in Russia over the winter. Also to take part is Elena Berezhnaya as White Queen and Tatiana Totmianina as Red Queen. Cool!

Back to the thread topic: as an ex-Soviet I guess my Russian roots were showing when I liked Cohen over Kwan and Asada over Kim. And I always loved Johnny who it appears has a huge following. Virtue/Moir did win me over with their elegance.

2. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

3. krenseby

krenseby New Member

It seems to me that it's possible to like both skaters whatever nationality/background you have. Cohen and Asada both have lots of American fans. (Well I assume Asada has American fans, I can't prove it of course.)

4. mia joy

mia joy New Member

:rofl:

5. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

I take it Mao is pretty popular in Russia. How about other Japanese skaters?

Oh, #17 says Takahashi is well liked. Other than Mao and Dai, who gets good response?

6. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Yes, but this thread it titled "Which foreign skaters do Russian fans like."

7. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Miki Ando. Even more than Takahashi.

8. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

You know, all skaters have their main rivals but it's silly to consider all rivals of your favorite skater to be bad guys. En masse skating funs realize that. Rival should do really "bad" thing (like cheating (Hughes) or whining (S/P)) to become a "bad guy" in some other skater's fans' eyes.
    Talking about Kwan Russian public wasn't mad about her skating because in average Russian skating fan's eyes her programs were a kind of boring (remember Russians love everything dramatic and passionate) and she didn't have any wow-elements to impress.