Which actor has been the the best Doctor Who?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Maofan7, Nov 6, 2013.

?

Which actor has been the the best Doctor Who?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2013.
  1. William Hartnell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Patrick Troughton

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  3. Jon Pertwee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tom Baker

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  5. Peter Davison

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. Colin Baker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sylvester McCoy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Paul McGann

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Christopher Eccleston

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  10. David Tennant

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
  11. Matt Smith

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  12. Peter Cushing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Maofan7

Maofan7 Away

Its the 50th anniversary! :cheer2:

The 50th anniversary episode, 'The Day of the Doctor', will be shown on the 23rd November. And, ‘An Adventure in Space and Time’, which is a dramatisation about how Doctor Who was created and the making of the first ever story, An Unearthly Child, will be shown the week before.

So, which actor has been the best Doctor Who? My favourite was Peter Davison

And which was your favourite story? For me, it is a tough choice between The Pyramids of Mars and Blink
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  2. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I like them all, with the exception of Eccleston, whom I just could not stand. I'm holding out for Peter Capaldi; I think he will be my favorite. I guess my top 2 favorites would be Davison and Tennant.
  3. pollyanna

pollyanna Don't blink

Blink is my favorite episode of all time, although I was also creeped out by Midnight.
  4. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Patrick Troughton fangirl here.
  5. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Tom Baker, hands down. I stopped watching when he was regenerated.

I'm always partial to the "Key to Time" episodes, since they were the very first ones I ever saw. I even have the full set of all 6 stories in a DVD box set.Also have "Pyramids of Mars" & "The Talons of Weng-Chiang" on DVD as well. Lot of neat extras on the Weng-Chiang DVD.
  6. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

David Tennant, no doubt.
  7. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

My vote went for Matt Smith but it's not completely fair since I've only watched NuWho... Out of the three Doctors I've watched he was the only one who was epic on his first episode, Eccleston is a tremendous actor but he had the hard task of setting the tone for the rebirth of the series and I think he tried playing it for the kids in a way that didn't suit him very well... as to Tennant I can't get over how harsh he was in season 2, so overall it's Smith.
  8. Nell411

Nell411 Afterlife

Smith is my favourite. While technically Tennant was my first Doctor I didn't properly get in to the show until The Eleventh Hour, I was hooked after that. I like Eccleston and Tennant but Smith just really captured my attention and I was hooked from there. I have since gone back and watched the entire run of NuWho as well as parts of classic Who.
  9. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

Tom Baker and David Tennant
  10. kedrin

kedrin Active Member

Another vote for Baker and Tennant. Favorite episodes:

Classic: City of Death
    New: Blink

I also liked the Key To Time segments. I also stopped watching when Baker regenerated. They've been rerunning All Creatures Great and Small on PBS, and watching Davison- I think he's supposed to be a lovable ne'er-do-well, but mostly I just want to slap him. That may have carried over to his time on Doctor Who. Although, he was said to have been reigned in in his portrayal by the executive producer of the time, Jon Nathan-Turner (whose time on the show is a whole subject on its own).
  11. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

I've only seen the reboot but my favorite is easily Matt Smith. God I'm doing to miss him. :wuzrobbed
  12. znachki

znachki Active Member

It's really hard to pick a favorite. I always think of Classic and NuWho separately, since the way they are done is so different. I really liked Sylvester McCoy, but he was not done any favors by the writers. In new, I think Smith - but Eccleston is up there too. I feel like I'd like to wait on that.

I am so looking forward to seeing what Peter Capaldi is going to bring to it. I love him as an actor. He was so good in "Torchwood: Children of the Earth".