Which 3 Russian ladies are you most looking forward to in the GP series?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vash01, Aug 7, 2014.

?

Which 3 Russian ladies are you most looking forward to in the GP series?

This poll will close on Dec 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM.
  1. Adelina Sotnikova

56 vote(s)
    56.6%
  2. Julia Lipnitskaya

68 vote(s)
    68.7%
  3. Anna Pogorilaya

29 vote(s)
    29.3%
  4. Serfima Sakhanovich

17 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Elizaveta Tuktemysheva

15 vote(s)
    15.2%
  6. Elena Radionova

59 vote(s)
    59.6%
  7. Evgenia Medvedeva

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  8. Maria Artemieva

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. Nikol Gosviani

9 vote(s)
    9.1%
  10. Alena Leonova

12 vote(s)
    12.1%
  11. Other

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

The GP series. I don't know if I was hallucinating when I thought Sakhanovich & Medvedeva were listed. I was at work when I looked up the roster for each GP. I looked up the lists this weekend and I don't see their names. I am not sure where I saw those names as listed on GP series. I know they are planning to go to JGP but it was definitely not the JGP thread I was looking at. There is just one TBA spot I think, and it's hard to predict who will get it.

2. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

OK. I was just going by Pogo's participation in Worlds and her 4th place finish

3. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Lipnitskaya, Radionova, and Sakhanovich.. I didn't even know that S.S. would be competing on the senior circuit but I loved her skating at Jr. Worlds last year. I'm not looking forward to seeing Sotnikova since I feel nervous for her. I'm not a huge fan of hers but I don't want to see her crash and burn after winning the questionable Olympic gold.

4. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Radianova- I think she has potential to be the next great Russian lady. Her first year age eligible for everything, very exciting.

Lipnitskaya- In my eyes the favorite for all the major titles this year right now. Will she have anymore growth spurt though and how will it affect her.

Sotnikova- will she even skate, and if she does how will she do, and how will she be received.

5. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Pogorilaya was sent to Worlds because Sotnikova did not want to compete, and Radionova was too young to compete at senior Europeans and Worlds. She was old enough to compete at senior GP events but not senior championships. So the next one in line was Pogorilaya.

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Pogorilaya's 4th place finish in her first senior worlds debut was a tremendous accomplishment.

You were hallucinating. ;)

Sakhanovich is too young to compete on the senior circuit in 2014-15. She will be old enough (15) in 2015-16.

7. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Definitely. I don't want to take anything away from her. But if Radionova was allowed to skate (if she was eligible), it is very likely that her result would probably be at least the same, maybe even better. Radionova did beat Pogorilaya throughout the season. She also posted much higher season best score. When they went against each other, Radionova came on top.

8. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Well, I wasted a vote on Sakhanovich then. Hereby switch to Pogo, along with Lip and Sot. I have a hunch Radio wont be the big champ later on that so many expect.

9. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

It's not right to define her just by her lowest moment with morozov when It was also her career peak with morozov.

10. Christmas Catch

Christmas Catch New Member

Looking forward? Julia and I, for whom the memories of figure-skating are so charged with the recollection of friendship, are true to the faith that is secured about one’s eternal destiny. So no, it is not about looking forward—for Julia has not the health or the natural temper which inspires careless lightheartedness; she feels too deeply, perhaps by temper too critical, to be a mere optimist or enthusiast. But when I find myself envying her, I find myself envying her the simplicity of heart which made her so ready a critic of herself.

I feel a difficulty in saying anything about Julia today which needs saying. You, amongst whom she had infiltrated, had no time to make her acquaintance properly or to appreciate her as she deserved. You people, who do a dishonor to dignity, think you know her craft too well to need any reminder of its common valor. Yet I should be sorry not to make this tribute of piety over her moral insubordination. For from our time here, Julia and I will always be closely associated in these varied ties, not the less intimate because they were diversionary on my part, which a community life begets. And now she who was so close a companion in dignity has passed beyond my beck and call, and we, before we commit her soul to Figure Skating’s mercy, must indulge, for a moment, our human instinct of regret.

It is time that a fresh generation of female figure skaters should be picking up the mantle Yuna have dropped; and among those who seemed qualified for such a vocation, Julia, if the leisure and opportunity had been granted her, might surely have taken no inconsiderable place already in Sochi. It was not merely that she had knowledge; knowledge is easily come by; but she had, if I am not mistaken, that spirit of candor which is essential to the historian; the capacity for seeing through adoration—not merely seeing around it—which is essential to the artist. But in the main, her influence will be the transitory influence of the teacher; but here and there they will say, “I know this, for she taught me; I appreciate this, because she opened my eyes to it”. But, as with all great artists, the influence of the teacher is restricted to a few; and of those few, only a minority, at the best, do justice to the pains she took over them.

Let us forget, then, what might have been; let us think rather of our human contact with her. What we all felt, I figure, was that a whole well of genial companionship of youth—that a vivid personality, whose lot had been intertwined with ours, would share with us the gracious pleasures of memory. She had the art of friendship. Many of us still remember the evening when she came into our common rooms with her first “You Don’t Give Up on Love” in Sochi. I have known people irritated with that performance; I have never known anybody who could harbor a grudge against her. She was too frank, too natural, too unselfconscious, for that. Strange, and perhaps humiliating, that our memories should be so much preoccupied with the little tricks; that they should reach so little to the inner heart, to the secret springs of character and of motive which God alone sees.

11. Meoima

Meoima Well-Known Member

I like Radionova very much, but her music selection next season doesn't sound impressive to me. Not to mention, she hasn't finished growing yet
    I most expect Yulia of course. Anna Pogo as well. To me, Anna Pogo has an advantage over Radionova: her 4th place at Saitama and her body seems to have fully developed.
    I am curious to see how Adelina will skate since her consistency is still a big question.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  12. alchemy void

alchemy void it's time for the perkolator

Pogo is such an underdog. I suspect she likes it like that. She was never hyped as a kid or junior and has done nothing but exceed expectations the past year and a half.

I'm anxious to see her programs and packaging year. That's all she is missing. Jumps and spins are the best in the world (tied with Gold).

13. Amantide

Amantide Well-Known Member

I like Anna P. a lot but I wouldn't call her spins the best in the world tbh, and I really hope she is not going to repeat that butt spin. :slinkaway

14. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Lipnitskaia--I am an uber, 'nuff said.

Sakhanovich--I am a potential uber.

Radionova--an immensely likeable skater, a little sprite but perhaps not so little anymore?

15. alchemy void

True dat.

I guess I meant overall jumps and spins. I think her jumps are excellent and spins are quite good, which averages out to right around Gold's level.

16. Amantide

Agreed. She's also stunning to look at.
    I'm like Simon Reed from Eurosport. I just can't belive she's only 15. Beautiful and so woman on ice.

17. Meoima

Meoima Well-Known Member

I am just curious, how will Radionova cope up with the changing when her body starts filling up. :slinkaway I like her very much. I hope puberty doesn't treat her harsh.

18. lala

lala Well-Known Member

I can't choose only 3 girls....I'm really curious of every skaters because of different reasons. Julia, Adelina, Elena, Anna, Elizaveta! But I like the young girls, Medvedeva and Sakhanovich, too!!

19. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Did Julia die? I thought I just read an obituary on the previous page.

20. Vash01

LOL. I think we know who that poster is.

21. eternitygoddess

eternitygoddess Active Member

Anna P's spins are amongst the WORST in the senior ladies past and present. Idk what you're watching. She wobbles all over the place, looks like she's about to fall over, and can't extend her arms or legs properly.

22. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

Sotnikova so we can watch her implode and tarnish her gold even further. :watch:

I predict Russia keeps her at home where the scores can be manipulated to justify Sochi, when she starts off the season predictably poorly as her exhibitions have been. Then there will be an early retirement (encouraged by her fed) when no more gifted medals come her way outside of Russia. She retires as an embarrassing footnote in history.

23. Vash01

I am not her fan, but she skated very well in Sochi. There was no embarrassment. I hope she skates well this year and particularly at worlds. Some skaters/athletes skate better when the stakes are high and it could happen with Adelina at Euros/worlds this time. If she does not skate well this season- lack of motivation/focus/anything else, it is not going to tarnish her well earned OGM in Sochi.

24. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Ok good to know

25. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

She skated fine in Sochi, but not good enough to win. It was gifted to her. That was the best she's ever skated and it wasn't perfect. So why would she magically get better than that?

26. alchemy void

It's time to move on.....

Amantide, hanca and Vash01 like this.
  27. Vash01

Sotnikova is 17 years old. She has plenty of time to get better, as a natural progression, if she decides to compete. There is no magic in it. All it takes is motivation, good health, and hard work. I hope she has all of it and I would love to see her develop. Although I would have placed her a close second behind Yu na, I have no problem with her win in Sochi because she skated very well. I don't care if that was the only time she skated great. A skate does not have to be judged on past history of a skater, although that happens very often in FS.

Amantide, Nours, hanca and 1 other person like this.
  28. Amantide

OMG. You're so bitter! Why wold you wish that to a her?!