Which 3 Russian ladies are you most looking forward to in the GP series?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vash01, Aug 7, 2014.

?

Which 3 Russian ladies are you most looking forward to in the GP series?

This poll will close on Dec 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM.
  1. Adelina Sotnikova

56 vote(s)
    56.6%
  2. Julia Lipnitskaya

68 vote(s)
    68.7%
  3. Anna Pogorilaya

29 vote(s)
    29.3%
  4. Serfima Sakhanovich

17 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Elizaveta Tuktemysheva

15 vote(s)
    15.2%
  6. Elena Radionova

59 vote(s)
    59.6%
  7. Evgenia Medvedeva

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  8. Maria Artemieva

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. Nikol Gosviani

9 vote(s)
    9.1%
  10. Alena Leonova

12 vote(s)
    12.1%
  11. Other

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I collected the names of Russian ladies that are listed so far for the Senior GP series (a few spots are still TBD). Please pick THREE that you are most looking forward to watching in the upcoming Senior GP series. I did not list names of ladies that are not on the roster now, but some of them may make it to a GP later. Hence the 'Other' option in the poll.

It is a multiple choice poll (pick 3)

ETA: Sorry, I just noticed that I misspelled Serafima's name as Serfima.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

Maria Artemieva has votes :huh:

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

At 14, both Medvedeva and Sakhanovich are too young for the GP this season - they are both doing JGP again.

LADIES (15 spots): Radionova (SA, TEB), Tuktamysheva (SA, CoC), Leonova (SC, NHK), Pogorilaya (SC, CoR), Lipnitskaia (CoC, TEB), Sotnikova (CoR, NHK), Artemyeva (TEB), Gosviani (NHK), CoR 1 TBD.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  4. Vash01

I saw that, but they are also listed on the senior GP rosters. That's why I added them to this poll.

5. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

Julia: For obvious reasons of course. She kicked major ass last season! Amazing sophomore season for her: two GP golds, GPF silver, Euro title, Oly gold and a silver medal in her first trip to worlds. With Mao and Carolina gone, Julia is the only current world medalist competing this season. She's at the top of the heap IMO. She lost steam towards the end of last season so I'm excited to see how she does after a full summer of rest. Given her consistency, I think she's the favorite to win everything this season.

Adelina: She got progressively stronger throughout the season culminating in the shocking performance (and more shocking result) in Sochi; no one expected that from her but she delivered. Adelina is under a lot of pressure with that controversial OGM title on her so she needs to come out and prove Sochi wasn't a fluke and that she can skate with fire, energy and attack all the time. She's still a bit of a question mark though. Her programs look interesting (hopefully the dresses will be better) and she sounds very motivated to continue to compete and win. The door is wide open for her if she wants it...she just needs the consistency.

Elena: Excellent senior debut for her last season. I'm sure she's grown over the summer (haven't seen any video yet) so I hope she's maintained her jumps. I adore her skating; with Akiko gone Elena is now my favorite performer. I love the way she gets into her music and really sells the program. She has the technical content and it factor to continue to move up in the sport. With one year of senior experience under her belt (and a successful one at that), I think she's right there in the mix with her Russian teammates.

6. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

I voted Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, and Radionova. Isn't Tuktamysheva injured?

Sotnikova- She's not really considered the top Russian even though she won the Olympics. Will that take the pressure off? Will she even compete?

Lipnitskaya- I'm curious to see how she handles herself as the top Russian. Will she relish being the favorite or will she crumble under the pressure? Also, I will be really interested to see how her jumps hold up.

Radionova- I'm interested to see if she overtakes Lip as the top Russian lady. She has the technical goods and has the charisma the other Russian ladies don't.

Pogorilaya could be the wildcard (again) and if Sotnikova doesn't come back, I think she'll be the 3rd Russian lady at Europeans and Worlds. I'm surprised Leonova is still competing.

7. Amantide

Amantide Well-Known Member

I voted for my fav. Lipi :encore:
    I'm also looking forward to watch Radionova and Anna P. :)

8. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Julia, Elena, and Anna. And Alena, not really for results but just because I enjoy watching her.

I hope Julia really goes all out with Mulan with some cool costume and makeup and awesome spins and does something really voidy. I want to see a more mature Elena and see Anna become more polished.

I don't mind Adelina but I don't really like her either. Part of me almost wishes she would achieve her goal of winning Euros/Worlds this season and then retire, so she doesn't take spots away from ladies I like more in the coming years (Proklova!!!).

Amantide and lala like this.
  9. Vash01

I picked Julia, Liza, and Maria for completely different reasons.

Julia- my most favorite Russian lady at the moment. Really want to see how she progresses this year.

Liza- She has so much talent but such a disappointing season last year. I want to see if she can make a comeback this year.

Maria (shocker)- partly because I was surprised to see her name on the GP roster, and I want to see what earned her that spot. I am sure I watched her at the Russian nationals last year (on my computer) but I don't remember much. Will need to look up my notes. She could be the surprise of the season, you never know.

I really wanted to include my favorite (after Julia) Proklova, but she is not listed on the senior GP circuit.

10. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

That's a good reason to pick Maria. I probably saw her performance at Nationals, but I don't remember it either. Proklova is too young for the senior GP so she will be junior this season again. I think she'll be age-eligible in 2015-16.

11. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

Elena, Julia and finding the next Russian girl who breaks herself out of the pack.

12. alchemy void

alchemy void it's time for the perkolator

Leonova, because she is free of Morozov, and I hope that her unbridled perk is back. Hoping for some good character driven programs. So glad she's sticking around. There's a place for her in the ladies field.

Lipnitskaya, I am really curious about this Mulan LP. I assumed she would choose something more similar to Schindler's List. It could be amazing or medicore.

Sotnikova, but only if she keeps the batshit behead for the Swan Lake SP. It really makes the program. ;) If not, I change this to Pogo, although her music choices sound :yawn:

13. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

The only one I'm interested in seeing is Sotnikova and I'm afraid it's for all the wrong reasons. I do really like her and her story, and I hope she does well for herself, but I fear this season might start rough for her.

Otherwise I don't want to be sour grapes, but I'm not looking forward to seeing any of the young Russians this upcoming season. I'm hoping one of them will show me something that will change my mind!

14. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Leonova is more than perk! There really was no perk in her best program and all and that's witches of eastwick.

15. Vash01

That's my most favorite program of hers.

16. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Yes it's a great program and her best and no perk. The key is performing well no matter what.

17. Nours

Nours Active Member

Sotnikova. I wasn't thrilled, to say the least, when I first heard her choices. Then pleasantly surprised when I saw both exhibitions in Japan. There's hope she get two good programs despite the musics chosen. She seems to grow as a skater.

Radionova. The skater I enjoy the most out there (close call with Wagner !). She's such a sunshine. Her choreos are always great and intricate. Her musics arn't overused and she interprets them at 200%. Sure, she has majors jump technique flaws and who knows what will happen after she grows. But she's what skating needs to appeal again to mass audiences. Like Jason Brown.

Pogorilaya. I wasn't a fan and saw her at TEB last year. She too seems to be growing under our eyes as a skater and I have high hopes for her now.

18. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Radionova, Sakhanovich, Proklova!

Proklova has great skating skills, very strong jump technique, a natural charisma and the best all around presentation among the Russian ladies IMO. If she can stay away from injuries and deliver on a relatively consistent basis, I see no reason for the judges to hold her down!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  19. shine

shine Well-Known Member

double post..

20. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

No Ksenia Makarova in the poll...Wikipedia says she sustained a hip injury in 2013. Is that still affecting her?

21. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  22. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Where is Polina Korobeynikova ? :wuzrobbed

23. Vash01

This poll contains only those listed on the Senior GP rosters so far. In any case Proklova- as much as I love her- is too young to be in senior GPs.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Sylvia

:confused: Where are Medvedeva and Sakhanovich listed if they are too young for Sr. GP? Can you post a link?

25. Vash01

I looked up the 6 rosters in the GP forums (senior) and picked up names of Russian ladies. It's not too surprising that Evgenia and Serafima got the GP spots even though they are too young for Worlds. It's like Radionova skating in the Sr. Gp last year even though she was too young for Sr. worlds.

26. Sylvia

The GP forums in the Kiss and Cry section? Because I posted all the (initial) rosters and Medvedeva/Sakhanovich are not listed there. They are too young to be selected for the GP because a new ISU minimum age rule has taken effect for Senior international skaters this season (2014-15) that mandates that a skater has to be 15 (not 14) for Senior B internationals as well as GP events.

RUSSIAN LADIES (8 ladies, 15 spots with 1 still TBD): Radionova (SA, TEB), Tuktamysheva (SA, CoC), Leonova (SC, NHK), Pogorilaya (SC, CoR), Lipnitskaia (CoC, TEB), Sotnikova (CoR, NHK), Artemieva (TEB), Gosviani (NHK), CoR 1 TBD.

ETA: I voted for Lipnitskaia, Radionova and Artemieva.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    danafan and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Lip Lip, hooray!!! The obvious choice. Radionova a close second.

28. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

29. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Elena Radionova.

I want to see where she fits in to the Sotnikova - Lipnitskaya - Pogorilaya triumvirate

But as someone posted, Leonova will be interesting to watch to see if she can improve being free of Morozov, and if that will matter to the Russian Fed.

30. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

That's not Sotnikova - Lipnitskaya - Pogorilaya triumvirate, it is Sotnikova - Lipnitskaya - Radionova triumvirate. The majority time Pogorilaya has been beaten by those three ladies (for example, last years Russian nationals, and also GPF).