Where's the best place to sell tickets online?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by nyrak, Apr 8, 2010.

1. nyrak

nyrak Active Member

Does anyone have any advice about selling concert tickets online? Has anyone trying Stub Hub? Any other good sites? Ebay?

Thanks in advance :)

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I sold some tickets on Ebay when I could no longer attend. I didn't have any problems, they sold for a little less than I bought them for but it was better than having them go to complete waste! Ebay is nice because most people use Paypal and you can get payments taken care of really quickly.

3. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I've used ebay and craigslist. You have a chance at a higher price on ebay, but then you have to pay the fees. However, there is that paypal thing.

With craigslist, you can get cash and just meet the person at the show.

4. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Craigslist is nice if your area allows free listings (mine does) and you plan on selling it to someone local or as PrincessLeppard said, someone you can meet at the concert. It will save you the fees and shipping costs and allow you to get cash in hand.

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I third craigslist :)

6. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I do not recommend stub hub at all. I've had some horrific experiences with them, and so have several of my friends and my mother.

7. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I have to go with Matry on the Stub Hub thing. Though I've never sold there, I've bought twice. One experience was okay, the other was awful, and I will never use them again.

8. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Craigslist. I just bought on Stub Hub for the first time and it went fine. Craigslist would probably be the easiest and you just get the cash right then and there.

9. nyrak

nyrak Active Member

thanks for the advice, have the tickets on Craigslist and another similar local site right now, will try ebay after if they don't sell

just found this www.showtimetickets.com any advice/experience on them?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  10. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

I've had great success buying off of StubHub. Also had good luck selling on Craig's List.

11. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I have season's tickets to football, baseball, basketball so I list a lot of extras on craigslist and ebay. I never ask more than FV and am usually offering a discount just to get something for them.

I found that there is no accountability on Craigslist so people will agree to buy the tickets through e-mail exchange and then stop responding or not show at the appointed time if they change their minds or find a better deal. They will also always offer less than you are asking, which is fine, but even when they agree on a price, they will usually come back and ask for another reduction later. I have listed about 40 sets of tickets on craiglist and sold exactly 2 sets - one at a substantial reduction from what was already half price off FV after we had agreed on the price and I had turned away other interested parties after agreeing with the first guy. I have had at least 5 no shows at the event.

With ebay, I have never had someone try to reneg on the deal. Once they bid, they have to jump through hoops to change their minds. But you pay the fees for the listing. But I have bought and sold many sets on ebay with no incident, no no-shows. Interestingly, the one person who bought my craiglist tickets at the offered FV price (sold out concert) without any hassle also bought some football tickets from me on ebay. So now we have each other's email and I just offer her directly if I have any extras I am not using.

12. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Craigslist if you intend to meet the person and get the cash. I like Ace Ticket in Boston if I don't want to bother.