Where will Challenge be?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by sk8guy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. sk8guy

sk8guy Member

So Skate Canada International is in Ontario, and the Grand Prix Final is in Quebec.

Where does that put the Challenge competition? I think we can rule out the metro Toronto area and Quebec doesn't seem to host too many major events. (other than their section run events which are huge anyway)

Anyone care to speculate?

2. lovesskating

lovesskating New Member

And what about Nationals?

3. emilieh

emilieh Active Member

If they're going to continue to hold Challenges together, that really narrows down the options, since they have been using 4 ice surfaces in Mississauga. I think they usually just monopolize 3, but have used the 4th for practice ice on a couple of days. Pierrefonds, QC comes to mind as a rink with 4 ice surfaces located near lots of hotel rooms. 8-Rinks in BC obviously has more than 4 surfaces. Any others? The Challenges were in Moncton in 06-07, but that was before seniors had to qualify, and I recall that it was a bit of disaster because of a snowstorm & not enough hotel rooms for the folks who had to stay longer than expected.

4. kates8

kates8 Member

Posted on Skate Canada website - Regina - Nov 30 - Dec 4. So now waiting to see about Nationals

5. Dave of the North

Dave of the North Well-Known Member

Don't know if it would help any, but the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame induction ceremony was in Moncton back a few weeks ago, and there would have been a few skating folks there as Elvis Stojko was one of the inductees. Good time for any last minute negotiations about future competitions...