When was Witt at her best?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Lnt175, Apr 29, 2013.

1. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I think Lu Chen's 1996 Worlds LP was her best LP ever. ;)

2. chanunderrated

chanunderrated Member

Chen wasnt a dominant skater like Witt. It is quite easy for her to lose with her best ever. Witt though the 12 time European, World, or Olympic winner on the other hand, not likely to lose the LP phase anyway with her best LP ever, especialy to a mediocre skater like Summers.

3. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

And Witt didn't win the LP at 1988 Olympics, though her Carmen is considered a signature piece, and one of the most iconic program of Figure Skating.
    Anyone can have his/her best LP but not the best result with it, and the contrary. It depends on what the others do...

4. chanunderrated

chanunderrated Member

Nobody is saying the 88 Olympics was one of Witt's best performances. I also dont think Carmen is one of her best programs at all. Tons of posing and not much skating. All I know is Witt with her best LP ever wouldnt have ever lost the LP phase to Rosalynn Fatners and her crappy jumps, weak spins, and boring artistry, so it probably wasnt even one of her top 5 skates.

5. floskate

floskate Vacant

I've always enjoyed Witt's 1983 LP. Yes it's quite dated and very European in style and construction but who cares? A bit of Frau Muller kitsch never hurt anyone ;) It was also in 1983 when she was legitimately planning to do 4 different triples. At Europeans she doubled the flip and tried the loop but fell. Here she did the flip and doubled the loop. Add in the 2z-3t combo and that's that's a very ambitious program for the time.

6. PairSk8Fan

PairSk8Fan Banned Member

What is amoral about a naked handstand? Come to think of it, what is wrong with being naked? Or doing a handstand?

Off topic, but when KW did the naked handstand, it became OBVIOUS that she has breast implants..... they were not even CLOSE to her chin in that handstand and looked a bit like grapefruit halves turned over on a plate.....

BTW, for me, KW at her finest was 1987 Worlds LP and 1994 Olympic SP.