When Evan withdraws from Skate America who has earned his spot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Flip Jump, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Flip Jump

Flip Jump Member

Without a dout Jason Brown deserves a second Grand Prix. His performance at Nebelhorn awesome.

2. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

I expect USFS will push him to wait until as late as possible. He is the ticket seller IMHO

3. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Jason Brown

4. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

I third!

5. N_Halifax

N_Halifax Active Member

I fourth! Is that a thing? Fourthing?

6. Flip Jump

Flip Jump Member

In Detroit I believe the main draw is Davis & White, not Evan who has withdrawn from the last 2 Skate Americas.

7. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Jason Brown is quite a draw too, IMHO. :)

8. Flip Jump

Flip Jump Member

I agree 100%. I am going to the event and would be thrilled to see him live.

9. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Jason! Jason! Jason! He is more than a great skater; he is a showman with the potential to ignite the masses, beyond skating fans. He has a very rare gift. Jason is The Real Deal.

10. tlk

tlk Active Member

Another Jason Brown fan here!

11. twizzlesizzle

twizzlesizzle Member

Evan's back on the ice. He's doing what he can to get himself ready. There's a few weeks to go before SA, a lot can happen during that time.

Personally, I hope he DOES come back, and shuts all of you up, or least gives you something worth crying about.

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  12. lala

lala Well-Known Member

+1 Jason Brown vote

( but if Evan can perform at SA, I would like to see him)

13. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

I surely hope Evan will be there.

14. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

He is injured. Even if it would be possible for him to participate it would also be dangerous for his health.

15. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Any details of his injury? I have been hearing about his injury for quite some time......unless it's a new injury.

16. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Whoa, nobody says that he/she doesn't want to see Evan. We're responding to the title of this thread. If Evan were to pull out of SA, then who do we think should take his place? It's a legit question and nothing against Evan himself. Of course, it would be best to have Evan himself at SA. If not, then I'd like to see Jason Brown.

17. kuzytalent

kuzytalent Active Member

Does Josh Farris already have 2 assignments. If not then him.

18. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

Then the title of the thread should have been as you just stated it: "IF" Evan pulls out of Skate America, not "WHEN." The title suggests a withdrawal is a foregone conclusion.

19. kuzytalent

kuzytalent Active Member

His own coach implies he might not even be ready for Nationals. So not being ready for Skate America in just 2 weeks is a foregone conclusion. As an earlier poster said he wont announce it now. The USFSA is probably pressuring him to keep quiet as long as possible to sell tickets.

20. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

If Evan has to WD, I would like to see Stephen Carrier get assigned to SA. He does not have a GP assignment, and he did well at the U.S. International Figure Skating Classic. (His Senior B score and Brown's Senior B score are very close)

21. kuzytalent

kuzytalent Active Member

Carriere has no part of the U.S mens figure skating future at this point. It would make much more sense to give Brown or Farris the spot.

22. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

Farris already has two GP assignments. Carriere is just as deserving as Brown for a GP assignment. His long term future in the sport is irrelevant.

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  23. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

This. Besides Carriere is only 24

24. kuzytalent

kuzytalent Active Member

It isnt irrelevant to the USFSA. Giving a guy who is about the 10th best skater in the country, who is probably in his final season, and who has no hope of even making the Olympic or World teams this year or long term prospects for the U.S serves them as no purpose. From their perspective what sense does giving him Skate America make.

25. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Evan may be back on the ice doing all he can to get ready, but Evan's coach is the one making statements about how significant his injuries are and how he is slowly getting back into competitive condition.

The original poster perhaps should have chosen the word "if" instead of "when" in the thread title, but in no way seemed to be indicating ill will to Evan in the original post. Given the situation, I think most posters would like for Evan to be healthy enough to skate, but from what is being reported having doubts and speculation is certainly not unwarranted either.

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

All of this is currently hearsay. Thanks to the Admin who moved this to the Trash Can, where it belongs.

To be honest, I don't expect him to compete at SA either, but all of this is speculation, not proven truth. Gossip belongs here, not in the Great Skate Debate.

27. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

I am legitmately only going to consider buying a ticket if Jason Brown competes.

28. babyskate

babyskate New Member

Jason would be a wonderful choice. His programs are entertaining and the choreography is brilliant. His entries into his jumps are difficult and unique. America needs to see where the future of mens US figure skating lies. Not to mention what a nice young man he is and a role model for younger skaters.

29. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

If Lysacek withdraws, I would love to see Jason Brown. He was fabulous at Neblehorn!
    His programs ooze charisma and a sense of true fun. And a Y spiral into a tano lutz? Come on! Wow.

30. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie