What's up with Ando and Morozov

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Nikki Lee, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Nikki Lee

Nikki Lee Active Member

<http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/sp20120711it.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+japantimes+(The+Japan+Times:+All+Stories)#.UATGFo58u-8>

Scroll down to the end to read that Ando has split with Morozov.

2. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thank you, but I don't think that this is news for most people here - at least those who are interested in Ando or ladie's skating as a whole.

3. Amy03

Amy03 Member

but i do really wonder why miki suddenly decided to drop morozov. looking only one season back it seemed like morozov didn't want to make any kind of compromise with the russian federation when they wanted him to coach only russian upcomers, and miki didn't seem to have any problems before their split!
    it really came out of nowhere!

4. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

as morozov mentioned in an interview longer ago, there were problems with mikis mother, who was against their 'off-the-ice' relationship.

whatever the problem was, morozov mentioned, he would have loved to marry miki (we know this no hard step for morozv :D) but however their relationship ended.

miki never seemed to be such a strong mental skater, that she could have separated private issues of skating issues. so the only logical step after their relation split was to split as coach-pupil.

5. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

No, this didn't come out of nowhere.

6. Amy03

Amy03 Member

lol your right it really wouldn't be a hard step for him, but in the end I think it's all remain talk from his side, cause if he really loved miki he wouldn't have let her go without putting a fight to prove that he was sincere!
    and miki's recent twitter really do indicate that she isn't mentally strong! I hope she somehow will overcome it and find a good coach to support her.

7. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

Just thinking selfishly as a skating fan, I am looking forward to seeing miki without morozov as the coach. I used to like mikis skating a lot bet 2004 and 2006. Then she went off and won two world titles, but the programs most of them anyway left me a little cold. Anyway, all best wishes to her.

8. Jeschke

puh, i as a miki fan, wouldn´t agree to that, there she was really athletic, but lacks of other skating qualities....

but to be honest, of that time, will be my all time favourite program of her.
    i really adore her olympcis sp (without the mistakes), but that program was really grgeous!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOw7KoMz7s4

9. feraina

feraina Well-Known Member

Gosh, Miki's latest tweets really do not bode well. She sounds so down on herself and on life. I can't imagine a skater could train/compete well when she is as unhappy as Miki seems to be.

10. Jeschke

you´re so right.
    let´s hope and wish the best but i fear te worst at the moment.

11. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Damn, I love Ando's skating and reading her Twitter account is just down right depressing. Is she really this suicidal?

12. SVFints

SVFints New Member

Guys, Miki lived and skated BEFORE Morozov and, possibly, their split will affect her mentally, but it is unlikely to lead to loss of skill, and if she had enough strength, she will cope well with the performance elements of the competition. I also like her Olympic program in 2006, but when aired, Anton's comments have greater value for me.

13. analia

analia Active Member

I wonder more about Morozov and Elena Ilinykh. Elena has not been in any of the photos Nikita has posted on the Internet (there are so many), and there seems to be hard feelings between the two based on some of Elena's emo tweets a few months back.

Miki has seemed heartbroken for over a year. Japanese girls can get very melodramatic about love affairs (we all know Morozov is the opposite) and Miki definitely doesn't seem like she can handle breakups well...

14. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Ilinykh has been with Morozov for approximately a year now. That's hardly news.

Yes, I am still :wall: and :duh: x Infinity

15. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

:eek:

Is that her real Twitter account? Someone who knows her -- the Japanese Federation, her parents, her agent, anybody -- should intervene, and fast.

:scream:

16. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

Can someone please post the link to that twitter account? Can we really be assured it's not a fake account?
    If it's true, then I'm feeling really sorry for her. Such a fine young lady should be happy!

17. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

18. dots

dots Well-Known Member

That twitter # has to be fake or maybe hacked, right? :slinkaway I really hope so.

Ilinykh and Morozov deserve each other :blah:

19. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

I think it must be her real twitter account, because Adam Rippon (and his mother) are following.

So the girl Morozov was screwing was just 17 last year?? Doesn't Miki realize she hasn't lost ANYTHING? And, no, Ilinykh does NOT deserve Morozov. She is a naive 18-year old who is going to get her heart stomped on.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  20. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

That's scary. If that is her, poor Miki. :(

21. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I thought Elena had a new boyfriend that was a hockey player??

22. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that?

23. lily

lily Active Member

24. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

where did you get that from?

It's most likely not true as I have it from a reliable source that Elena has been with Morozov for a year now.

25. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

Do you think Morozov's sleaziness will ever affect the judges? Now the judges are giving rep points for his students but do you think it could start to affect negatively, too. Because his behavior doesn't do any favors for the sport, it is creepy that he dates most of his students. :shuffle:

26. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

Thank you for the link. The account seems real. Adam Rippon and Daisuke Murakami are there.
    All I can say it that I wish her well.

27. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I think it would be unfair to judge a skater's program based on the off-ice activities of their coach.

28. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Especially when one of those students is underage. A 36 year old man should not be dating a 17 year old and i don't care if Russia is different then here in the US when it comes to age.

ChelleC and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

I doubt Miki would be sharing such private thoughts on a public forum like Twitter.

30. Jeschke

you can follow messages between her and other skaters, i´m afraid but it seems to be real.