"What's so great about figure skating?" Video

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Ryan_Jahnke, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Ryan_Jahnke

Ryan_Jahnke New Member

Here is the link to the finished "What's so great about figure skating?" video that I posted a thread about back in December. Please let me know if you like it and if it expresses what is so great about our sport.
    Actually, I'd even be interested to know if you don't like it;)

Ryan Jahnke
  2. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

One thing off the bat: Don't embed so many videos on the same page at once - it caused my browser to freeze for a good half or full minute.

It's my understanding that this is a video oriented towards other skaters? I think it could be improved in a few ways:

1. Quality over quantity of testimonials - maybe just pick people who had the best, insightful, or inspirational answers. It's nice that a lot of skaters and family got interviewed, but some responses were just "Skating is fun!"
    2. Include footage of the skater with testimonial - e.g. show someone saying they love doing jumps/spins/spirals and then cut to footage of them doing that with a huge grin on their face to show why skating is so great.
    3. I still didn't get the sense of why skating was so great. TBH it just seemed like a bunch of camcorder testimonials.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but it's constructive criticism because I didn't think this video answers the question it asks.
  3. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

I would prefer to watch more skating, less talkin' about it! :)
  4. ItalianFan

ItalianFan New Member

what's so great about figure skating.

Why didn't you put in any shots of actual skating?? I thought the most interesting comments were made by that guy who looked to be in his 20s who said he loved "the speed, the deep edge takeoff and looking at the world sideways before landing fast on one foot ". Great comment and genuine enthusiasm for the sport. much more significant than all the kids saying it is "fun". He really told us WHAT is so much fun!