What's new, (glamour) pussy cat?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by IceAlisa, Aug 13, 2014.

1. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

The only cleansing creme that works for me is Wen Lavender. It actually cleans my baby fine hair and gives it some life. I do occasionally use a regular shampoo, but not often.

2. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I like washing my hair every day--it's fine textured, but thick and wavy. I have an oily scalp, so skipping the wash is a disaster for me.

I saw some recent pics of my hair and it's not as pure blonde as I'd like it to be. I guess I should go back to my mid-tone champagne blonde to get the brassiness out.

3. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I work out most days, so I have to wash my hair. It gets sweaty and gross. I've tried dry shampoos and I'm not a fan.

4. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Yeah, dry shampoos are not all that. The powder ones leave white powder residue not only on my hair but also on my hands, which is gross. The one without the powder or not as obviously with powder is by Kerastase and it smells really bad. Got a third one to try by BloPro. Any dry shampoo just buys me an extra day, that's all.

5. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I work out most days too and not washing my hair would be gross. Besides this curly mop wakes up epically bed headed, and not in a sexy casual way but more like finger in electric socket.

I use gentle shampoo, Moroccan Oil and Kerastase, but I wash every day.

6. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Agree that co-washing has been around for years, nothing new. I mainly co wash and use a sulphate free shampoo once or twice per week. I do wash my hair in the shower everyday, I just use silicone free conditioner as shampoo. I work out M-F and can't stand how my scalp feels if I don't wash it right after gym. I used shampoo M-F but it just dried my hair out.

BTW, verdict on Urban Decay Perversion = meh. Nothing outstanding and it smudged. I even made sure to powder my eyes to make it stick.

7. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Every day washer here too - my hair is more medium textured, thick and wavy. More than 24 hours between washes and my hair looks stringy and gross. I like those sulfates. I tried sulfate free and my hair was limp and frizzy. Also I blow dry my hair every day (I LOVE my T3 dryer). A large wave pattern + shoulder length cut = hideous disaster. Heat doesn't seem to damage my hair at all, perhaps because of the thicker texture? I do try to wait at least 30 min for my hair to air dry first.

8. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

I used to wash my hair one/twice a week, but since I started working out everyday - I need to wash it everyday and am having problems finding a gentle one... Recommendations?

9. PRlady

Kerastase Bain (the orange one) is sold in Europe but it's hellishly expensive, like $40 a bottle. (My drugstore has anti-theft tags on it, that tells you something.)

The L'Oreal sulfate-free line, there's about six to choose from depending on your type of hair, is about 1/7 the price and about .7 as good, so for me I alternate (and also use the Moroccan Oil repair, which isn't cheap either.)

10. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

IceAlisa and PrincessLeppard like this.
  11. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Canadian ladies, I don't know if this deal is offered at your local target this week but it's worth looking into.

They are offering a $5 gift card if you purchase 2 Maybelline mascaras (any type, $3.50 each).

So you spend $7 and get $5 back in a Target gift card which makes the cost of the mascaras $1 each.

Wheeeeeee!

12. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I love, love, love cleansing conditioners. I've cut my shower time down a lot and get to spend a few more minutes in bed now! And considering I hate skipping a wash during a heavy workout week, well... A clarifying shampoo once a week or so is a must, though. L'Oreal's is my favourite, but it's hard to find here for some reason.

I'm surprised there aren't more dry shampoo lovers. I love Dove's, but then I am blonde and it doesn't get everywhere. Either I apply a little bit once I've given myself a bit of a blow out to extend the style's life, or it gives me another day or two on busy mornings.

I saw that and I'm so excited to try it! I liked the sound of Buxom's lash bar that's coming to Sephora, but this is a more cheap and cheerful method!

Speaking of mascaras, I'm surprised at how many Cover Girl ones I've recently purchased and liked. I've hated most CG makeup since I gave it up as a young teen. Clump Crusher really is awesome.

13. kosjenka

There is very limited dry shampoo selection here. We dont even have Dove hair care line. Just shower gels and body lotions.
    I make clarifying shampoo myself. Just add a tea spoon of clay to a regular shampoo and a little bit of water or aloe juice. And that is my tip to you all :)

Favorite mascara - pretty much every Estee Lauder. I also love Too faced Lashgasam.
    For a natural look - Maybelline Illegal length and more dramatic L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Extra Volume

Andora likes this.
  14. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i love dry shampoo, i like the kinds in the aerosol can best. i think it makes a great volumizer. also, if you go out at night and other people smoke near your hair, it's good for that too.

PrincessLeppard and Andora like this.
  15. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Agree. I'm new to dry shampoo, and it's changed my life. I love the aerosols as a freshener and volumizer, and it's great for mornings when I'm in a rush.
    I'm generally a daily shampooer because my hair looks ridiculous after a night of sleep, but once in awhile I can get away with dry shampoo, especially on ponytail days.

16. fan

fan Well-Known Member

any good recommendations for dry shampoo for this very dark brunette?

17. my little pony

alterna, batiste, klorane or got2b

18. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I've had good success with Batiste. I've also used got2b, which was okay, but I didn't like it as much as Batiste.
    I also have very dark brown hair and have found that the more I massage it in and brush it out, the better.

19. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

Doesn't Batiste have a dry shampoo for brunettes?
    (as in the powder isn't white) I'm sure I've seen it here...

20. my little pony

yes, so does alterna

21. kosjenka

22. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

23. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

24. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

So, I had to buy basically a year's worth of make-up since it is hard to find/expensive where I'm moving in Taiwan. So much money for one little bag, and I shopped at Target. :fragile: Oh well, I'll get over it. I got some stuff that was suggested in the other thread as being good for high humidity locales.

Btw, is it true that putting mascara/liquid makeup in the fridge will help it keep longer?

25. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

I've had it for about a year now. For $10, it's worth it. Any more than than that and it wouldn't be. Some months are better than others, and what I know I won't use I either put on Makeupalley to trade or sometimes sell on eBay.

myhoneyhoney and oleada like this.
  26. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

That is a great idea! I have some stuff I haven't opened and will not use so I'll try to sell/trade them.

27. PRlady

OK, HELP. I promised red fingernails again, sigh. I will keep my promise. What the hell color do you use on your toes if you have red fingernails?

28. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Black, Grey, Nude, Navy, or matching Red would all look nice.

29. PRlady

I can't do black toenails, especially in the summer. I was thinking nude myself, but opaque, not translucent. Afraid it will make my feet look like I died.

30. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Yes Opaque nude would be nice!

myhoneyhoney likes this.