What's new, (glamour) pussy cat?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by IceAlisa, Aug 13, 2014.

1. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Maofan7 likes this.
  2. beepbeep

beepbeep Taking homeless Fabian home

I have Sephora. With Brazilian prices though :wall:

3. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

I have just discovered Tarte's gel eyeliner. Expensive but such great blend-ability. :swoon: A queen's new best cosmetic friend!

oleada, OliviaPug and IceAlisa like this.
  4. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

I have one sephora near me but I rarely get to it. I order mostly online.

I have Tarte Lights Camera Flashes shipping to me right now along with some other goodies.

IceAlisa likes this.
  5. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Let us know how you like Lights Camera Flashes vs. Lashes.

6. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

I'm gonna take a picture of what I bought yesterday. Drugstore only, but very nice :)

IceAlisa likes this.
  7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i know im late to the naked palette party, but when last we spoke of it, were we talking about palette 1, 2 or 3? i love the look of 3 but ive read that the formula was changed after 1 and so 1 is superior to 2 and 3.

IceAlisa likes this.
  8. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Will definitely let you know how I like the Tarte Lights Camera Flashes. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Also, I may have misjudged how much Clinique Take Off the Day Cleansing Balm I had left before the Sephora package gets here...I only have 1 good usage left and the package definitely won't be here tomorrow. If it doesn't get here by Friday, it could be a rough weekend. lol! :duh:

I just used the weirdest skin care product ever.....the bebe lipmask from the Face shop (a Korean cosmetics/skin care store that I found in the Eaton Centre Toronto.)

It was like putting rubbery, slippery, pasty paper on your lips. But...........it totally works! Smooth lips.

http://dedicatedforever.blogspot.ca/2012/04/face-shop-lip-mask-review.html

I've been having a bad case of dry lips lately and this definitely cured it. There must be a slight acid exfoliator in it because it tingled a little while on.

Bad news is that I only bought one and I won't be back in Toronto anytime soon. :wuzrobbed

So now I must haunt the outer limits of the interwebs trying to find where to order it that delivers in Canada. :fan21: :bribe:

9. kosjenka

For all of you who love cream cleansers/balms to take the makeup off, give this guy a go. The site delivers worldwide for 4$.

IceAlisa likes this.
  10. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I had Naked 3 and found it a bit difficult to work with--I couldn't figure out how to make it look nice on me. But don't mind me, IIRC your complexion is very different from mine and so it may work for you. Eventually I had to return it as I turned out to be allergic to the product. It's beautiful and there are a million tutorials on youtube.

I have not tried 1 or 2.

my little pony likes this.
  11. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I have 1 and love it. I wear it every day. I have not tried 2 or 3, but my BFF has 3 and likes it. She is a very fair brunette.

Haven't tried this but will look out for it! I recommend their blushes -both powder and the stick are good and last all day.

my little pony likes this.
  12. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I second this. I luuuuuuuurve their Amazonian Clay blushes. I own it in Charisma and Glisten. :swoon:

13. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I have Amuse which is gone from both their and Sephora's website :fragile:

14. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

eBay?

15. kosjenka

the Balm have amazing blushes. Frat boy is amazing.

16. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

Noxzema Classic Cleansing Cream and Vaseline Intensive Care with Aloe Vera

I've used both for years since the 70's. I use the cleansing cream first. Then I put the lotion on my face and neck. Not bragging, but people have told me over the years and now that I don't look my age. They don't believe me when I tell them that's all I use. I don't know if there's something to this or not, but it works for me. (y)

17. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I got my first Too Faced 9 pan eye shadow palette yesterday--Boudoir Eyes. It looks much cooler toned and purple toned online than it does in person, but it's still pretty nice.

18. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Since I only use make-up for shows, I generally use highly pigmented theatrical make-up. I will look into the Tarte blushes at my local Ulta though (closer than any Sephora to me, sadly).

The gel liner is an Amazonian clay base as well. I was afraid it my be too "cakey," but it's really lovely and blends great.

Also a recent find was this great brush set: http://www.bhcosmetics.com/products/36pcs-ultimate-brush-set When I bought it over Memorial Day it was 55% off. This website has sales all the time. 36 brushes for that price (and they are decent brushes as well) is incredible. I think this set has the world's largest fan brush! :lol:

IceAlisa likes this.
  19. kosjenka

Regular thorough cleansing and moisturizing of face is the key to healthy skin :)
    I like that cleansing cream!

Simone411 likes this.
  20. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

Thanks, kosjenka. I've tried other cleansing creams in the past, but I didn't like them. I always go back to Noxzema! :)

Nadia2013 likes this.
  21. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Woohoo, I received Urban Decay Perversion mascara in my ipsy box today! I've read some fairly good reviews so I'm pumped. I'll put it to a big test tomorrow, weight lifting and cardio circuit training day! I'll look so weird with mascara on but heck, some hit the gym with full on date night makeup.

22. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I use the Earth Science toner and love it so I've been interested to try some of their other products. Has anyone tried any of their moisturizers or serums?

23. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

How do you like ipsy? Is it worth it?

24. kosjenka

I plan to once I use up my stash. I use their Deep Conditioning Masque for Hair, Olive & Avocado and it is very good.

BittyBug likes this.
  25. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I picked up the Coconut Body Butter at Trader Joe's for Mini Ice's eczema. It works really well, is super moisturizing and smells like summer. He loves it.

26. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

This is only my 2nd shipment and I like this month's ipsy better than last month's. Do I think it's worth it? Hmmmm.... I'm still not sure. I'll give it another couple of months then decide if I want to continue with it.

oleada likes this.
  27. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

28. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I ain't spending $40 on a hair product, that's for sure. :angryfire

29. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

If this is truly a shampoo revolution, other brands will follow and the price will come down.

30. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

"Cleaning crèmes" have been popular in the curly hair community for years, so this guy didn't invent anything. (It is an idea out of black hair care.) Wen is the same idea. And there are cheaper versions available. Loreal has one but the fragrance is whew!

I tried this for awhile but went back to shampoo. If you use any products with silicones, you need shampoo to get it out of your hair otherwise it will build up. Sulfates are bad for you hair though, but when you use heat on your hair you need the silicones so then you need the sulfates.