What will be Gracie Gold's new SP music???

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Dr.Siouxs, Nov 25, 2013.

Which crusty warhorse will prevail?

1. SwArms Lake--If you can't point your toes, flail.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. Carmen. You know, in a black and red costume... :yawn:

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. A slightly less ear-splitting George Gershwin number.

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Memoirs of a Geisha. A tribute to Japanese culture? :shuffle:

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Something Puccinni. Italian is always nice.

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Soemthing Kwan used. If that feeling starts beginning, take an ant-acid.

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  7. Other Generic Movie Soundtrack. Music tinkly enough to make you pee.

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  8. An "edgy" Muzak version of a classic rock tune.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. Something else (DO explain.)

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Let's face it. Team Gold won't be going for anything avant-garde this tension filled Olympic season. So which warhorse will prevail??? :watch:

2. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

Merry Christmas Mr Rawrence.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  3. Dr.Siouxs

:lol:

4. kiss-n-cry

kiss-n-cry Team Brown

You didn't include a tango/flamenco number? I voted "something else," perhaps Maleguena? :p I can see it now - big flower in the hair (pulled back tight), with a red and black lace dress. And big ruffles at the end of the sleeves to accuentate those sharp arm movements!

5. toddlj

toddlj Livestreams at 1am on Thanksgiving weekend? OK!

A medley of the following songs: Goldeneye, The Man With The Golden Gun, Goldfinger, Gold Digger, Fields Of Gold, Gold Dust Woman, Heart Of Gold and Band of Gold.

Wearing gold lame', of course.

IceAlisa, Robeye, Vash01 and 5 others like this.
  6. giselle23

giselle23 Active Member

It will probably be a Lori Nichol re-tread. Let's hope it's not Slaughter on Tenth Avenue!

7. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

8. Dr.Siouxs

Flatt pretty much confirmed that music is cursed.......

9. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Baby got back by Sir Mixalot
    The Bad Touch by the Bloodhound Gang
    Cream by Prince

10. PairSk8Fan

PairSk8Fan Banned Member

Maybe they will choose Techno music. It is non-descript, non-recognizable and if she uses it, everyone will think she is so "cutting edge."

However, absent that, let's choose music from the ballet Don Quixote. She can do the Kitri variations section, as well as the paus de deux.

11. overedge

:rolleyes:

12. Robeye

Robeye Curiously curious

:lol:

They could call it "The Best of Gold", but then Plushy would probably blow a gasket.

13. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Racist much? :slinkaway

14. overedge

15. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Since Gold has already broken 'new' (if your musical tastes are limited to Celine Dion) ground, she should continue down that road and get a super voidy program to Crystal Castles "Doe Deer". :cheer:

Wait! I hear you say. But it's only 1:36.

Indeed, it is. :(

Worry not! Using the magic of digital audio editing, she could pair it up with The Knife "Full of Fire" for the slower parts, to provide much needed light and shade and variety in the choreography.

As an atonement for her idiotic twitter comment, the program would be queer-themed, featuring an androgynous costume and styling, blurring racial, gender and sexual lines. Gold's program would be an examination of oppressive social norms and it would slowly build up to a "Doe Deer" backed outburst of rage against the cultural hegemony, expressed through a circular step sequence featuring a lot of ott crazy arm flailing, possibly resulting in grievous bodily harm to the judges caught in the firing line as Gold moves closer to the boards. In the final pose, Gold would tear off all of her clothes and just stand there, naked and vulnerable with 'MANIFEST DESTINY' written on her body in red and blue marker.

Quite a lot of transitions, pretty much constant upper body movement, done to the music most of the time. It definitely isn't 'all_empty' unlike most of the other programs out there. ;)

The music is big and powerful and it suits her skating style. Yes it's a ballet but it isn't a languid longato piece. It's a good program and she should keep it.

17. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

18. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I'm voting for Sonia Radeva's 2009 SP.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

So many fantastic ideas! :cheer:

Radeva's "CAW CAW CAW" program is an absolute legend. It's up there with Vassileva's Bollywood FS. Definitely something for Gold to draw inspiration from. Could she possibly choreograph even more posing in her new SP? We will see!

As for taking a page out of Schultheiss's book, she could go for something like Margaret Berger's strait-jacket dress, lots of frantic arm movements and angsty facial expressions. Being a proud American, she could mash-up the Prodigy's track with something by Skrillex.

Who are we kidding, it's going to be Malaguena, isn't it? :p

20. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Legends of the Fall wuz robbed.

21. mag

mag Well-Known Member

I fear it will be. :(

22. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Nothing spanish, that was last year.

I'm guessing Rhapsody in Blue.

23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I think Carroll is smart enough to realise tinkly elevator piano muzak won't suit Gold who isn't a very balletic skater. She needs something powerful, with a strong beat. Easiest choice would be Malaguena, Carmen, Adios Nonino, something out of that list so I bet on something along those lines.

I thought her SP was very good this season. R.I.P. :(

24. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Even though I couldn't stand the musical arrangement of her SP, I'm actually surprised that it is being changed because Skate Canada proved that if she skates it well, the judges will reward her. Besides, it's the LP that really isn't working for her; she hasn't skated it anywhere close to clean this season and the music choice and costuming is the polar opposite to her style of skating. At least the SP matched her immature, non-balletic style. :shuffle:

25. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

26. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

27. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

It isn't. Sleeping Beauty is a powerful piece of music with a strong beat and accents. It's a good choice for her (and the program is very well choreographed).

28. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

Watching Gracie's long programme this year makes me miss Angela Nikodinov's interpretation of Sleeping Beauty :( ... all Angela had to do was a few crossovers and the audience would be mesmerized :(

29. Dr.Siouxs

I miss Angela dearly. And I don't know if we'll ever see a Nikodinov type again under COP.....:( Her appeal was her simplicity.

30. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

East of Eden !