What (who?) next for Jana Khokhlova?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

2. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

My choice would be Ivan Volobuev. He's 20 I think and awesome.

3. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

Sad for Fedor. :(

4. Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb Active Member

I hope she finds someone soon :(

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

That. He's very promising and there isn't really anybody better available around, is there?

6. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

I third this. He has a very dramatic style of skating which would mesh well with hers. Oh PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - somebody out there - suggest this to her!!!

7. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

K/A never really materialized, unfortunately. :(

Jana is so talented. She deserves another world medal. I hope she can find her "Trankov!"

8. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

I liked Finnice's suggestion of John Kerr from the last thread. Complicated as to countries though.

9. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Volobuiev is the only choice IMO but the coach thing is an obstacle. She didn't part in good terms with Svinin/Zhuk. After him.. umm what happened with the lost post Torino generation of dancers??? Sergeev, Maximishin, Grachev?? will any of these be willing to un-retire ala Blanchard..

If she goes for internationals again what about Sergei Verbillo? He was similar to Novitski, decent skater and the UKR-RUS nationalities issues I believe are much easier to work out.

10. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I hope she finds a new partner. I thought she was ok with Andreev, but I'm not that sad that they're done, since she really deserves much better than him and wasn't going to get much farther than Russian Nationals with him, IMO.

11. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

With Andreev, she didn't go international. He's a Russian citizen, which simplified matters,

12. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

I hope she finds someone who she doesn't have to hold back around. Jana is more talented than a lot of teams combined that have won world and Oly medals, plus she's so cool with how she pulls such extreme idea's off. She deserves to have her Volosozhar/Trankov moment.

I actually really like the idea of her skating with John Kerr a lot!! But that would be a citizenship :drama: I would love to see Jana switch countries :cheer:

Tak and (deleted member) like this.
  13. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

From the same article: http://www.mn.ru/newspaper_sport/20110926/305223178.html

14. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Well-Known Member

If Russia can fast forward his citizenship, can't he compete at the worlds this year since his last competition was at europeans 2011 (i Know this is not going to happen). Same things can be said of Jana she could also compete at the 2012 worlds for GBR if UK can fast forward the citizenship (not going to happen as well.)

15. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

16. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Amen! ITA.

Personally, I'd like to see her back with her old coaches. For me, they are the best choreographers in Russia today. Just looking at the JGP, most of the dances I've really liked have all come from those coaches.

17. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

I sure hope she finds a new partner soon! Did not think that Andreew was a good choice, more like a waste of time, but did not expect the partnership to end because of an injury.

18. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

arkadi sergeev would be great for her; it´s a shame, he and mikhailova never matched to stay long enough to achieve great results; they were gorgeous with excellent skills.

i hope yana quickly finds someone worth new, we can´t loose another great diva of this sport. i´m still getting used to never seeing maria mukhortova again:(

19. leigh466

leigh466 Active Member

For those of us not following the other thread. Is Andreev injured?

20. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Yana speaks:

http://sport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20110927/444514108.html

21. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Maybe Khaliavin can trade up.

22. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Sergei Verbillo is an interesting idea, but I had thought he'd had his own health issues which factored into his retirement - knees maybe? I don't remember. Others who recall more can correct me, please.

23. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

How about teaming Jana with -- drumroll! -- a Russian? I think that it's ridiculous and ludicrous for a country with such a strong dance & pairs tradition to look outside its borders for partnering possibilities. Period.

I'd love to see Kokhlova with Tkachenko, for example. (Ryazanova is too tall & biggish for him, IMO.) Piseev should look for an existing Russian dance couple in which the man is the star then 'make things happen' for the glory of Mother Russia.

24. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

In the good ol soviet times, they would haven broken up a current team to get her a suitable partner. They would have told Tkachenko to skate with her...not ask him nicely.

Hedwig and (deleted member) like this.
  25. mineko

mineko New Member

Not sure where I read this, but didn't Yana approached Tkachenko re: partnering up? Apparently Tkachenko told Yana that he was happy with Ryazanova. That's why she approached Andreev?

26. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

They don't have to have the citizenship to compete at Worlds. They need to change the citizenship only to compete at Olympics.

27. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

28. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

She is amazing, and I really hope to see her really soon with a good partner.
    I'm sure there are plenty of good ice dancers in Russia.

29. casken

casken Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest Tkachenko, but I remember reading that too.

Yep! :lol:

30. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

His edge work is lovely :swoon:, but he doesn't seem very strong in the lifts. Of course, he is very young so he could improve that area in his skating.

Is Jana about the same height as Valeria?