What university course should I take?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Gazpacho, Jul 20, 2012.

1. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Japanese or Interior Design would be my choices. Good luck!

2. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Community planning for me, provided the professor is pretty good.

I'd like to understand the choices our city planning department makes, and what inputs they are likely to consider.

For one thing, if I hate a choice they're making, (and I sometimes do), I'd like to be able to understand their arguments (and perhaps now accept them) or else be able to be better able to phrase my counterarguments in terms that might convince them to change their minds.

3. mkats

mkats New Member

Take one each semester and work your way through the list? :)

I took a year of Japanese in college solely for fun and I loved it. (It was a little tough having that class right before my Spanish literature class, though, some days I'd meet my friends for dinner and forget my English :slinkaway )

4. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

That would be good! I don't know how long I'll be working here, and I also don't know how long the program will be in place. There is talk that the Spring 2013 semester will be limited to people taking it for credit. That means you have to go through the application process and pay the application fee. The HR person said that you would have to pay the application fee every single semester. There is also talk that it will be reduced to one free class per academic year and another on a sliding scale of tuition with the best paid employees paying 50% tuition.

I don't know what the status of these proposed changes are, and the HR website about this benefit has been "under construction" every time I've checked it.

5. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

I enrolled in Historical Issues in Art and Design yesterday :)

Gaz, have you made a decision yet?